1999 Chrysler LHS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Best car I've owned
By solo on 08/19/10 11:14 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I love this car, purchased in '03 with 30,500 miles on it and have been driving it daily since. It currently has 155k and the engine is still going strong w/ no oil consumption! regular maintenance is a must with any car and with proper care the 3.5 will last for years. Only once has this car had to be towed and that was due to a corroded battery cable, which I didn't realize until it was too late since the battery is not easily accessible. Other things I have had to fix/replace: trunk supports at about 75k, speed sensor at about 125k, ABS module at about 145k, struts at 150k, and water pump at 150k, everything else general maintenance and the list of things I had to fix/replace are short.

Major error
By al wells on 07/25/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Out or replaced. air 2-hood shield 2- headlight seal-window motors 3-trunk release-clock-door trim-door panels- dash split-wheel well rust-door locks- transmission lines-horns-heater/ac controls and ALL lights flashing on/off while moving or parked.

Great Car!!!!!
By srhall89 on 02/15/10 22:35 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car brand new, haven't had a major problem yet! Rear shocks squeak a bit, squeaking noise when i turn the wheel, and front speakers blew out, but other than that no problems. Great car! When I first got behind the wheel I expected it to be slower, but its pretty fast! Not as fast as my '03 Hyundai Tiburon, but still has lots of get up and go. Rides smoothly. Great features that come with and can be added on to car. Had the car 10 years and clear coat still intact, headlights haven't even fogged over, still crystal clear!

Love it, and love hurts!
By Albee on 02/05/10 17:10 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I love this car, I have owned many Chrysler/Dodges from 70's, 80's 90's and 00's. I currently own a 60 Dodge Charger R/T. This LHS is great but some of the problems included replacing trany at 142,000 miles but hey that's 10 years. Plenty of power for the freeway passing and dusting kids in lil toy cars like Hondas. Smooth but noisy and bumpy on bad roads, almost rides like a sports car and feels better in high speed corners than my Charger R/T. Gas mileage for me has been very poor really, about 16- 20 average. I do live in Seattle where there is nothing but hills. But love it, there is too much room! Only complaint in interior is there is no spot to pt cell phone.

I love this car
By Daniel on 01/08/10 17:26 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Best, most comfortable car I've ever owned. Minor irritations: headlight seals, bass speakers, overheats if stands too long, one window motor, occasional short in interior lights brightness dial (and so headlights blink), A/C leaks, trunk supports died, bolts and knobs appear on the carpet. But solid on the road, peppy, smooth ride, looks great after 10 years, leather still in great condition. 14.5 mpg town, up to 33 mpg highway (flat road, no passengers). Had to have the rims specially treated so the seals wouldn't leak. I have 127,000 miles on it and it's still a great car. I just wish it had held its value as well as it has held its style.

But it looks so good....:(
By perfectbalance on 12/01/09 18:26 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

When it was new man...it was a dream comfortable fast and over 30 mpg..first to go trans sensor, then fuel pump..driver window(glued bracket) I am currently replacing it for the 5th time, passenger side 4 times..both fans for engine..transmission died a few months ago..crank sensor, switch for seat heaters,, front speakers,,bug shield for wipers blew off...trunk supports..have 2x4 great replacement...Too bad Chrysler gets you hooked by beautiful designs and then engineers their cars to bring in maximum revenue for repairs and replacement parts....This was my 4th Chrysler and it will be my last...

Its ok
By jprodges on 08/30/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I have problems getting it started sometimes and over heat problems but other than that once it gets going its really good the heat and air control lcd goes out sometime but one thing that I do love is the infinity sound system its so loud and good and clear the mids and highs are good and the lows is Wonder with that amplifier to pump it up.

Love the Chrysler LHS
By mheather28 on 03/26/09 15:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

The LHS is a gorgeous car even today (10 years later)Comfortable, sleek, nice ride. Some problems we've experienced as follows, Front window brackets bent and broke. AC condenser replaced but still leaking. Rack replaced twice. Alloy wheels erode and tires go flat have to have them sanded down and sealed. center caps rust and break off .Trunk supports needed replaced and most recently the windshield washer fluid won't squirt out. Thought it was an easy fix (pump) but not so easy after all they tell us the problem is one of the three computers for the car has a component that isn't working, But all and all has been relatively good car. And still looks and drives beautifully.

Nice car for a lemon
By bacaloc on 03/12/09 12:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Heater/AC motor went bad, starter bad, battery hard to get to, timing belt went bad, heated seats don't work, front speakers are no good. Hard to work on, costly to repair.

I love my LHS!
By Khandilipps2kiss on 02/19/09 18:40 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my LHS. Best car I have ever owned. I've had a few repairs done. Window on drivers side, speed sensor, starter, battery, cooling fans, transmission leak (under warranty), brakes, compressor (under warranty), and a few repairs made under recalls. I have the typical things going wrong with my car also seals around the headlights bad, replaced windshield bug guard, trunk release doesn't work. Shocks to hold up trunk are out. Air leaking around rims. Dash cracking on passenger side, window on passenger side doesn't work, windshield washer fluid reservoir doesn't work, clear coat peeling horribly, Speakers in dash are rotted out. But I still love my Chrysler LHS!