1997 Chrysler LHS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )
Gramps' LHS
By GaƩtan on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 1997 LHS for 3 years now and what to say? Love it! Car has been garage kept by this 78 year old gentleman and had only 59,000 miles on it, brand new car still. Had a few fixes over the last year, bad tie-rod, transmission line leak but overall regular maintenance will keep this car on the road for little money. I like my comfort and I am well served with this roomy ride. Of the 20 some cars (new and used) i've owned, this has got to be 'the' best vehicle i've had.

Perfect car for us
By RickR on 08/27/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Meets requirements: room for 6, rear seat legroom, sizable trunk, fairly economical to drive, reliable, fast enough.

I love my LHS
By Abouttowne on 05/11/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used and needed a bit of TLC. Beautiful lines, interior and performance. Had to change steering bushings and replace upper and lower manifold gaskets. Changed fuel rail o rings. Average mpg is 26-28. Roomy and comfortable. I love it. Better than any Lincoln or Cadillac that I have owned.

1997 Chrysler LHS Review
By Tyler Fickert on 07/19/09 20:32 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I woke up one day with my car sitting in the driveway. It started 3 times then the battery cables were shot. It had power surges before I had it fixed. The motor is really good only because I can fix the car when it breaks. The A/C leaks on the floor of the interior. Thats because of a blocked vent. Easy fix. The heater doesnt work at all and costs too much to have fixed.

love this car
By lp09 on 04/17/09 07:12 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

i love this car.....rides smooth as can be, handles well, gets up and go's when needed. good gas milage. love my sunroof. trany dropped out..but replaced and runs wonderful.. has 187000 and runs beautiful, rides like new, no rust,

Love my LHS
By Christine on 11/23/08 16:45 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I purchased an LHS after driving one as a rental on vacation and just loved it. Bought it with about 25K on it. Super comfortable seats, very roomy, my passengers are always very impressed with the comfort of the back seat. Huge trunk. Handles great on the road in wet weather--wide wheel base. Good gas mileage for its size-- I'm still getting 17 city and about 25 hwy. I did all of a sudden have problems with the paint, starting on the roof and it deteriorated fast. But, I still didn't want to part with itand the motor is still excellent, so I just had it painted last week. Now she looks showroom new. This is a great car for long road trips.

love my lhs
By chris on 07/17/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I love my LHS. I still think it is the best looking vehicle on the road. Roomy, comfortable, fun to drive, plenty of trunk and back seat space. Gas mileage great for a car this size. I don't want to give it up. Got about 114,000 miles on it now and the motor is still A1 shape, but have a big problem with the paint, especially on the roof. Now starting to rust. I've seen a few LHS with this same problem. BWas told by the body shop the problem I have was only with certain colors being affected by the sun uv rays. Don't want to give it up, but am going to have to decide if it's worth the cost of the paint job. Hate to give it up. Great car, so right now I'm undecided.

Great car even to drive in 2008!
By B Peek on 06/25/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

This car has been a great car. My mother in law bought it used in 2001. It only now has 53K miles on it and it is so comfortable. I am now driving it and really like it. I save my 08 Escalade and have fun driving this 1997! I can't believe the gas mileage I get (no wonder I don't drive the Escalade)! I will keep it forever I think. It is has always been in the garage and shows like a new one. Paint is great and still looks new!

Love this car
By donnatella on 04/01/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 1997, and it now has 197,000 miles. It has reliably been up steep mountain passes, crossed country several times with great comfort. After all these miles it is beginning to show its years as it's currently overheating. I'm wondering if it's time to put the "Do Not Resuscitate" sign on. However, I'm having difficulty letting go. I may give it one more check-up. If this car was still available I would buy another.

A Ford man buys a Chrysler
By Andrew Moore on 03/26/08 00:09 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

As much as I love Ford cars/trucks, I have owned 5 in my short 20 year existence on the earth, and I liked them all, but when I went to purchase my 6th vehicle, I said to myself that i would consider other makes of cars, but No GM products, bleh! My first look for a new car, a 1999 Ford Escort, it was a smoker's car, too many small things made me question it, and I decided to look at other car lot, and I looked for something under $3,000. I found a Chrysler LHS, I loved it from the start, drove it, looked it over, BS-ed with the dealer, got them to knock off a $100 or so bucks, I drove it 250 miles to home, no problems,a good Chrysler product for sure, nice luxury car, forget Cadillac!