1995 Chrysler LHS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
296,000 miles and counting
By Guardrail on 09/28/07 05:15 AM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Bought used in 1996 with 19,000 miles on it. Replaced all components of the AC and had a new torque converter installed at 200,000 miles. Currently needs complete suspension overhaul but I can't bear to part with it. I commute over 100 miles a day. The security of the large vehicle, the stability and comfort of the ride have prevented me from seeking a replacement. I would rather spend $1,500-$2,0000 dollars a year in maintenance than than pay $35,000 for a new econobox that barely offers the same amenities I have in this vehicle.

This is a good find!
By Gary on 09/03/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Just bought this car with 89,000 miles. The kids love the cushy roomy interior. I like the Infinity sound system! The transmission was replaced and the car idles roughly (bounces alot). I will address that easily (I hope)..Otherwise for $700 this one can't be beat...so far so good. Yes the trunk is big enough to hold a ton! Doesn't have mush power for a big car. But given the $3.00/gallon gas prices I am not complaining about the 6 cylinders.

Great Car
By neon1 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Great car, Great engine comfortable seats and good lumbar support, classic styling and rust free after 9 years, beautiful sounding stereo and great reliability

Potentially good car, many problems
By mferneau on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Purchased new (left-over) and currently have 125K+ miles. All things considered, I have enjoyed this car. Repair history: Front suspension starting clunking at 3000m (replacement covered by warranty). Infinity CD quit around 40K miles. Company wouldn't fix/replace. Dealer stated "buy a new CD player, it's cheaper." AC repaired twice. Front end clunking started again at 80K miles. Wiring harness melted at 120K miles ($2800 replacement on a car worth $2000.) Transmission now going, not willing to pay $3000 repair.

The engine just caught fire and died.
By pettums on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I loved this car for the feeling of upmost luxury you had sitting in it. However it really was incredibly unreliable and expensive to maintain. We lost it at 149,000 miles after the fan broke down, and the engine caught fire on the freeway.

LHS a grand automobile
By steve birns on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

This as a great car for people who like to have fun. It'd very comfortable, reliable and very quick. It has all the amenities you could need.

'95 LHS Review
By Curt&Nancy on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

One major complaint about the car is that it has a lot of road noise. Noise from the front wheels into the car interior. Car rides nice, is comfortable and roomy. Numerous mechanical failures during first 90K miles. Front end, air conditioner, headlight switch problems are just a few.

Solid fun
By juvat on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

OK, I had to replace the AC Cond, and a spell of running rough, but we've put over 150K on it sincee we bought it. now right @200K. Total repair cost has been around $2K. Still has lots of power and even my 16 yr old son loves to drive it

A Love/Hate Relationship
By NotMadeOfMoney on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

A gorgeous, stylish, roomy, comfortable, eye-catching vehicle. A scene-stealer. Problems in the 6 mos. I've had it: •A/C compressor stopped working •Compression failure injector #1 •Driver's side window motor failed •Tie rods and inner bushings EXCESSIVE wear (the rack replaced just 1.5 yrs before) •Rear brake rotors excess distortion (note to chrysler: a BIG car requires a high-end brakes, otherwise excess heat warps the rotors) A gorgeous, stylish, roomy, comfortable, eye-catching vehicle. A MONEY-stealer. ADVICE: Enjoy riding in it if your friend has one!

The Intimidator
By Serise on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 3 yrs old from an automotive executive. It was cared for exquisitely, so that is probably why I have had such a good experience with it. It looks awesome. Hubby calls it the Intimidator, all black with black windows. Has 115+K miles; want to replace it, but with what? It has me spoiled, great room, great looks & great serviceability.