Used 1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chrysler Lhs - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

Exceptional Concept / Sub-Par Execution
By Chad

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased this luxury vehicle in Sept 06' from a retired couple in Pittsburgh, PA. It was used only for church and supermarket trips (only 10,552 miles). Drove terrific at first until actual usage and commute driving became routine. After only 5K miles, started experiencing transmission shutters and poor engine performance. Interior has misc shakes/rattles and wheels are virtually impossible to keep clean. Interior comforts are fabulous and rich and fuel economy is suitable. I like the trunk space and overall exterior design with smooth ride. However after only 16K miles and many negative reviews, I am fearing major mechanical problems.

Favorite Features

Plush leather seats, Infinity stereo system, digital climate control, computer system, spacious interior, trunk space, full spare, exterior design, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Wheels, reliable transmission, headlamp fixture, dual climate control, armrests, cupholders, exhaust modification, A/C pump

3 Trans before 100k
By larieaux

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Actually this car was my mothers, she bought it in 96' with 30k already on it. Had to replace water pump a few times and 3 transmissions before 100k miles. But good thing all thid was covered in a warranty. But even better the car's engine locked up at 105k so it was no longer a headache. However dangerous since the engine locked up on her while on the freeway...

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior, and the infinity sound system.

Suggested Improvements

....Nobody should have to replace 3 trans within the 75k mile time span they have a car. Thats rediculous. With this kind of reliability issue I want to know why the LHS stands for Last hope sedan?

Love this car.
By April

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 8/98 with 75k miles. It now has over 161k and I just love it. Lots of space inside my family is all tall & whenever we go anywere we take the LHS because a 6 foot person can fit in the front or back with no promblem. The trunk is huge, with a full spare hidden there. Got to take one for a ride you will love it. The leather sites are very nice, & so is the control panels. Tells me how many miles until I'm on E. I have had to do some maintenance but heck with 161k who wouldn't. Nothing to extreme, just the basic. Tie-rod ends, a/c compressor, brakes, tires, timing belt, & other routine maintance.

Favorite Features

Leather Enterior, Infinity car system with cd, Control panels with milage, miles left on tank of gas, compass, temp outside, power seats (both-sides, remote door/trunk opener, standard alarm,& everything in hands reach.

Suggested Improvements

nothing. When Chrysler thought of the LHS they must of put the drivers in thought first & not a price. This car is just awesome, I love it.

Buy one, keep it, maintain it,drive it.
By LHS 4 EVA

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Okay everyone knows that Chrysler has a reliability problem. But even though they have all thase problems you have to admit they do have some really good designs for new cars. I bought this car from a used-to-be family friend. It had oh 189999 somin like that. But anyway, that car was the nicest car that I have evr owned. It has such a GREAT ride its appearence is flawless. It may sound and look perfect but that dosent mean that it IS perfect. I will forever stand behind this car. I love this car BUT!!! There is no hiding the fact that it does have some mechanical problems. Oh but comon whats a few repairs yearly. What I always say is that if you like the car, Then Buy one, and have fun!!

Favorite Features

Everything there is absolutely nothing to hate!

Suggested Improvements

Well okay, they should lower the speakers in the back so the rear window is easier to see out of.But believe me THAT IS IT!

great car