Used 1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

I can't stop or see!
By Carloskid

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

This big comfortable car gave me about 150,000 mostly trouble-free miles. I would have kept it longer, but I lived in a rural area where the dark little roads required bright lighting. The high beams were very wimpy, and the standard lights were effective for about 30 feet. The brakes were also inadequate for this big boat. I often smelled a burning odor going down long, winding roads.
The lack of new airbag technology made this car unsafe for a family.

1994 lhs
By ronnieonnie2000

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my 1994 Chrysler lhs. It gets good gas. 27 mpg on the road.

i like it all

none

an ugly old thing, but we love her
By Megan

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Big, clunky, boat-like: these are all adjectives I could use to describe our 94 LHS. Fuel economy is lacking. The paint is peeling on the trim surrounding the car. The rims look terrible. As others have mentioned, A/C is GONE. Blows hot no matter what temp--luckily we live in Washington state and don't really need an A/C. Other than these few issues (easily dealt w/ b/c we only paid $1200 for her in '06), we have got a sturdy, long-lasting, comfortable family car. We're driving it until it dies, and saving plenty of money for a replacement in the meantime. We've replaced the brakes, tires, and done regular maintenance. $1200/48 months=$25/month. FYI: car = no more than 20% income.

Comfortable seating. Child-friendly leather. Big, roomy trunk and lots of room for long legs.

Peeling trim issue. A/C issue. Dingy rims issue. Improved MPG!

1994 Chrysler LHS
By Clyde Jones

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned this vehicle since it was 2 years old and 34,000 miles. It now has 94,000 on it with no major repairs that weren't taken care of by warranty. The sound system no longer works, but it was very nice when it did. The driver's seat forward adjustment no longer works without some help. The car consistently gets 23.4 mpg average in my driving, which is mostly highway with some city mixed in. Considering it's size, it's pretty stingy with a gallon of gas, & it handles beautifully. I loved this car from the first time I saw it advertised by Chrysler and had to have one. I have never been disappointed by it. The car is amazing with the 3.5 litre v-6 (it thinks it's a V-8).

The V-6, sound system, full size spare tire, roominess, comfort, ride, handling, fit, finish, and cab-over styling. In my opinion, a very nice car and a highwater mark for the old Chrysler corporation.

I could never think of anything that wasn't already on the car when it was built. The car was built right when they designed it. The headlights were never the best, but I don't remember any cars that were built at the time that had much better. If you can find one that has been kept well, buy it.

My Beloved 1994 Chrysler LHS
By Dmagster

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought this last month for only $1,100 with 121,229 miles on it. So far out of 51 cars I've owned since 1986 (95% of them were Dodges, Chryslers & Plymouths) this is probably the best overall car I have ever had!! I have taken it on a couple long road trips and it's a really smooth great car. It's amazing that such a big car can get such great gas mileage! About 18 MPG in town and about 31 MPG on the highway. So far it has needed new hood lifts from a junkyard for cheap, d.i.y. recharge the A/C with 134A which now blows very cold and replacing the console cup holders. I would highly recommend this car to anyone! This isn't the last, after this one I will buy another probably a 1997.

Highly dependable. The big comfortable leather seats and the smooth ride with loads of leg room front and rear(I'm 6'4" tall). The 3.5 V6 is really punchy and takes off like it has a big block V8. It's really fun to drive with great gas mileage along with a huge truck. A high quality well built car.

Mine didn't come with the moonroof. It was deleted by the original customer. Other than that I can't think of any.