1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
1994 lhs
By ronnieonnie2000 on 04/14/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my 1994 Chrysler lhs. It gets good gas. 27 mpg on the road.

an ugly old thing, but we love her
By Megan on 02/09/10 15:09 PM (PST)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Big, clunky, boat-like: these are all adjectives I could use to describe our 94 LHS. Fuel economy is lacking. The paint is peeling on the trim surrounding the car. The rims look terrible. As others have mentioned, A/C is GONE. Blows hot no matter what temp--luckily we live in Washington state and don't really need an A/C. Other than these few issues (easily dealt w/ b/c we only paid $1200 for her in '06), we have got a sturdy, long-lasting, comfortable family car. We're driving it until it dies, and saving plenty of money for a replacement in the meantime. We've replaced the brakes, tires, and done regular maintenance. $1200/48 months=$25/month. FYI: car = no more than 20% income.

1994 Chrysler LHS
By Clyde Jones on 11/12/09 18:08 PM (PST)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned this vehicle since it was 2 years old and 34,000 miles. It now has 94,000 on it with no major repairs that weren't taken care of by warranty. The sound system no longer works, but it was very nice when it did. The driver's seat forward adjustment no longer works without some help. The car consistently gets 23.4 mpg average in my driving, which is mostly highway with some city mixed in. Considering it's size, it's pretty stingy with a gallon of gas, & it handles beautifully. I loved this car from the first time I saw it advertised by Chrysler and had to have one. I have never been disappointed by it. The car is amazing with the 3.5 litre v-6 (it thinks it's a V-8).

My Beloved 1994 Chrysler LHS
By Dmagster on 09/04/09 00:02 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought this last month for only $1,100 with 121,229 miles on it. So far out of 51 cars I've owned since 1986 (95% of them were Dodges, Chryslers & Plymouths) this is probably the best overall car I have ever had!! I have taken it on a couple long road trips and it's a really smooth great car. It's amazing that such a big car can get such great gas mileage! About 18 MPG in town and about 31 MPG on the highway. So far it has needed new hood lifts from a junkyard for cheap, d.i.y. recharge the A/C with 134A which now blows very cold and replacing the console cup holders. I would highly recommend this car to anyone! This isn't the last, after this one I will buy another probably a 1997.

Best car I've owned
By Craig on 07/12/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for a song. Has over 230,000 miles and still going pretty well, but getting a little long in the tooth. Had the transmission rebuilt, then again under warranty. Had front tie rods & ball joints replaced, misc. other problems. A/C was great until last year, now has a leak. Overall, I've learned to live with the car's quirks & it's been very reliable. For the person who has clim. ctrl problems. Reset the climate control by putting it in test mode and it will no longer be "hot all the time" I periodically have to do this to mine. Google for info--not enough space here. Original alternator lasted till 210K miles, still on original starter. Exhaust system is orig. too.

Exceptional Concept / Sub-Par Execution
By Chad on 11/24/06 08:43 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased this luxury vehicle in Sept 06' from a retired couple in Pittsburgh, PA. It was used only for church and supermarket trips (only 10,552 miles). Drove terrific at first until actual usage and commute driving became routine. After only 5K miles, started experiencing transmission shutters and poor engine performance. Interior has misc shakes/rattles and wheels are virtually impossible to keep clean. Interior comforts are fabulous and rich and fuel economy is suitable. I like the trunk space and overall exterior design with smooth ride. However after only 16K miles and many negative reviews, I am fearing major mechanical problems.

3 Trans before 100k
By larieaux on 05/15/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Actually this car was my mothers, she bought it in 96' with 30k already on it. Had to replace water pump a few times and 3 transmissions before 100k miles. But good thing all thid was covered in a warranty. But even better the car's engine locked up at 105k so it was no longer a headache. However dangerous since the engine locked up on her while on the freeway...

Love this car.
By April on 11/03/05 19:16 PM (PST)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 8/98 with 75k miles. It now has over 161k and I just love it. Lots of space inside my family is all tall & whenever we go anywere we take the LHS because a 6 foot person can fit in the front or back with no promblem. The trunk is huge, with a full spare hidden there. Got to take one for a ride you will love it. The leather sites are very nice, & so is the control panels. Tells me how many miles until I'm on E. I have had to do some maintenance but heck with 161k who wouldn't. Nothing to extreme, just the basic. Tie-rod ends, a/c compressor, brakes, tires, timing belt, & other routine maintance.

Buy one, keep it, maintain it,drive it.
By LHS 4 EVA on 06/17/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Okay everyone knows that Chrysler has a reliability problem. But even though they have all thase problems you have to admit they do have some really good designs for new cars. I bought this car from a used-to-be family friend. It had oh 189999 somin like that. But anyway, that car was the nicest car that I have evr owned. It has such a GREAT ride its appearence is flawless. It may sound and look perfect but that dosent mean that it IS perfect. I will forever stand behind this car. I love this car BUT!!! There is no hiding the fact that it does have some mechanical problems. Oh but comon whats a few repairs yearly. What I always say is that if you like the car, Then Buy one, and have fun!!

great car
By driver12354 on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

car is fun to have