Used 1994 Chrysler LHS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chrysler LHS - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

1994 lhs
By ronnieonnie2000

1994 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I love my 1994 Chrysler lhs. It gets good gas. 27 mpg on the road.

i like it all

none

an ugly old thing, but we love her
By Megan

1994 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Big, clunky, boat-like: these are all adjectives I could use to describe our 94 LHS. Fuel economy is lacking. The paint is peeling on the trim surrounding the car. The rims look terrible. As others have mentioned, A/C is GONE. Blows hot no matter what temp--luckily we live in Washington state and don't really need an A/C. Other than these few issues (easily dealt w/ b/c we only paid $1200 for her in '06), we have got a sturdy, long-lasting, comfortable family car. We're driving it until it dies, and saving plenty of money for a replacement in the meantime. We've replaced the brakes, tires, and done regular maintenance. $1200/48 months=$25/month. FYI: car = no more than 20% income.

Comfortable seating. Child-friendly leather. Big, roomy trunk and lots of room for long legs.

Peeling trim issue. A/C issue. Dingy rims issue. Improved MPG!

1994 Chrysler LHS
By Clyde Jones

1994 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I've owned this vehicle since it was 2 years old and 34,000 miles. It now has 94,000 on it with no major repairs that weren't taken care of by warranty. The sound system no longer works, but it was very nice when it did. The driver's seat forward adjustment no longer works without some help. The car consistently gets 23.4 mpg average in my driving, which is mostly highway with some city mixed in. Considering it's size, it's pretty stingy with a gallon of gas, & it handles beautifully. I loved this car from the first time I saw it advertised by Chrysler and had to have one. I have never been disappointed by it. The car is amazing with the 3.5 litre v-6 (it thinks it's a V-8).

The V-6, sound system, full size spare tire, roominess, comfort, ride, handling, fit, finish, and cab-over styling. In my opinion, a very nice car and a highwater mark for the old Chrysler corporation.

I could never think of anything that wasn't already on the car when it was built. The car was built right when they designed it. The headlights were never the best, but I don't remember any cars that were built at the time that had much better. If you can find one that has been kept well, buy it.

My Beloved 1994 Chrysler LHS
By Dmagster

1994 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

I just bought this last month for only $1,100 with 121,229 miles on it. So far out of 51 cars I've owned since 1986 (95% of them were Dodges, Chryslers & Plymouths) this is probably the best overall car I have ever had!! I have taken it on a couple long road trips and it's a really smooth great car. It's amazing that such a big car can get such great gas mileage! About 18 MPG in town and about 31 MPG on the highway. So far it has needed new hood lifts from a junkyard for cheap, d.i.y. recharge the A/C with 134A which now blows very cold and replacing the console cup holders. I would highly recommend this car to anyone! This isn't the last, after this one I will buy another probably a 1997.

Highly dependable. The big comfortable leather seats and the smooth ride with loads of leg room front and rear(I'm 6'4" tall). The 3.5 V6 is really punchy and takes off like it has a big block V8. It's really fun to drive with great gas mileage along with a huge truck. A high quality well built car.

Mine didn't come with the moonroof. It was deleted by the original customer. Other than that I can't think of any.

Best car I've owned
By Craig

1994 Chrysler LHS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for a song. Has over 230,000 miles and still going pretty well, but getting a little long in the tooth. Had the transmission rebuilt, then again under warranty. Had front tie rods & ball joints replaced, misc. other problems. A/C was great until last year, now has a leak. Overall, I've learned to live with the car's quirks & it's been very reliable. For the person who has clim. ctrl problems. Reset the climate control by putting it in test mode and it will no longer be "hot all the time" I periodically have to do this to mine. Google for info--not enough space here. Original alternator lasted till 210K miles, still on original starter. Exhaust system is orig. too.

Great handling, comfortable seats, HVAC system. Nice touches like speed-sensitive wipers, and the car won't let you lock your keys in it--will refuse to operate power locks with key in ign. and door open. Nice that it doesn't have an interference engine so no worries if timing belt breaks.

Improve tranny reliability (I think they have in later model years) Headlights are pretty dim. Strengthen front suspension and steering components. Center console is kind of flimsy.