Used 1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chrysler Le-baron - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chrysler Le Baron

GTC 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Excellent vehicle for 10 years now
By Jeff

1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

12 years old and still going strong. Some things are starting go, but at 12 that can be expected. The vinyl trim is pulling back in one spot on the rear interior, right-rear window motor getting real sluggish, some paint chalking on the front fascia, passenger seat getting really cranky about tipping forward, like I said nothing major. Only gets an annual oil change since I only drive 3000-4000 miles per year these days. Original roof, no major engine or transmission work. Seems like it's ready to go another 12 years.

Favorite Features

Auto drop top with real glass rear window

Suggested Improvements

A better cup holder would have been nice

It's a blast!
By Vernon Stidham

1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I have two Lebarons now. First was a 94 convertible, now I have two 90's. I wish I had my 94 back!

Favorite Features

3.0 engine is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission problems are due to incorrect fluid, not poor workmanship. Owners manual incorrectly advise to use Dexron in emergencies. DO NOT USE DEXRON 2 PERIOD!!! You will replace the transaxle when you do! Use correct Mopar ATF Plus Type 7176.

FUN RAGTOP
By ARNIEH

1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

had to replace the water pump and CV joint-radio does some funky things sometimes-like volume up&down,changes stations,--allby itself AND THEN WON'T EVEN GO OFF WHEN I TURN IT OFF!!! BUT it is a blast-top looks and works like new(80K) and pick-up is great w/the 3.0 L engine and avg about26 or 27mpg about 70 mph. I did put the K&N air filter on it(about $40) which helped w/the gas. It is the most fun I've had in years. Needs a good cup holder and the compartment on my right should have been designed higher.

Horrible car
By da2conan

1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I would never buy a used lebaron as these cars are the worst of crystler products which are bad to start. Expect that the transmission has been replaced at least once. Many minor things have been going wrong with this car since the day I purchased it. The top leaks and the cars are known to have strange electrical mishaps. However the 6 cylinder engine has help up with no problems after 110000 miles.

Favorite Features

Engine and snow handling

Suggested Improvements

The only improve that could have been made already was in 1996 when they discontinued the vehicle. I repeat do not buy a used lebaron they are meant for the junk yard.

2 much fun
By cruzer2

1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

having a great time with my "radiant fire" red ragtop. yeah it's my mid life crisis. problems have been minor, left rear window regulator and leaky torque convertor seal, no biggie for all the pleasure this car delivers.

Favorite Features

power top, beats corvette on this one; glass rear window, beats miata on this,

Suggested Improvements

power window regulators, not up to par with overall engineering of automobile