Used 1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible

GTC 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )

Wouldn't quit
By mr.Devon

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

i bought this car as my first car during high school. it had 163k miles on it. still looked decent. i put this car through hell! weekly trips to the beach, hours of driving. this car refused to die! after 2 months it started blowing serious smoke, head gasket. kept driving! just added oil every other week. the convertible was nice in SoCal., i definately drove the car with style. not too many out there, def. a head turner. if you have the chance to get one with lower miles get it, it will run forever, even on its dieing leg it can still be sold and continue on the road.

convertible! controls on dash/steering wheel! longevity of car!

the roof would leak into the car if the door was open, angle of roof. the door hinges bent easily if they were leaned on while open. no trunk release, had to use key which broke off in trunk, if you get one, just enjoy it!

Fun car
By Joe

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

I bought my Lebaron with 98,000 miles and now have 149,000. It has been a great car and I have replaced parts mostly out of precaution. I do an average of 40 to 50,000 miles a yr. The oil gets changed every 3 to 4 weeks. If you can find one with the 3.0 V6 go for it and enjoy it.

Top, driving, economy

Could use a little bit larger trunk

Ooooh Chrysler, why do you hate me?
By Tom

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

I was apprehensive but we had no other option, as it was cheap and we made payments. I have owned 10 vehicles and this was the worst. The design is terrible for a 94'(inside and out), it's like they designed it then never actually sat in the car to realize all the bad ideas they had. It gave us transmission trouble on a rebuilt trans (rebuilt at 80k miles note), and the cooling system was always a problem. The torque/hp is all based at lower rpm so good luck passing. This car was not designed with snow in mind, chains slap the suspension because of the clearance, I have put chains on many, many cars with no problems as I live in the mountains. The handling is very poor. Etc.

I didn't think I would care about a convertible but I must admit I really like it. I left the blinker on once and the car dinged at me letting me know. Adjustable lumbar support in driver seat, that's about it.

Interior design, exterior design, drive-train, all electrical components and anything in between.

Not a bad ride at all
By Dustin

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

Bought this car from a retired couple who bought it brand new in 94 and stored it every winter. Paid $2200 for it with 87,000 miles in great condition. 2 years, 2 winters and 16,000 miles later, it's still going strong with no major maintenance (other than oil and such). However, the winters have taken their toll on it. I use it as a work car and it gets me their every day with no major issues. Check Engine light pops up every now and then (O2 sensor), and idles kinda low when warm (hangs around 400 rpm), and the 3.0 L Mopar engine loses its power significantly when A/C is on (Illinois summers are atrociously humid, so top stays up). MPG is around 23 hwy, not bad for an American V6.

Rides smooth, Reliable, and extremely easy to work on (and I'm not a great mechanic at ALL).

Improvements would be pointless on a discontinued car, but if they ever bring it back, lighten it up a little (LeBaron's were extremely heavy cars for their size, kills the MPG, but probably save your life in a wreck).

Great car
By Dodger

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

This has been an amazing car. It has Japanese (Mitsubishi) technology which might explain it's reliability The 3.0 V6 engine is "bulletproof". It still has the original top and exhaust system. I put on 1 set of pads on the front and the rear bonded are original. As a precaution 2 years ago I changed the spark plugs, timing belt and water pump for a very meager sum. All in all it ranks as the best car I ever had.

It's just a fun car. A red convertible. What more would you want.

This car was replaced in '96 so someone must have thought it needed some improvements. I personally didn't.