1994 Chrysler Le Baron - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:
Wouldn't quit
By mr.Devon on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

i bought this car as my first car during high school. it had 163k miles on it. still looked decent. i put this car through hell! weekly trips to the beach, hours of driving. this car refused to die! after 2 months it started blowing serious smoke, head gasket. kept driving! just added oil every other week. the convertible was nice in SoCal., i definately drove the car with style. not too many out there, def. a head turner. if you have the chance to get one with lower miles get it, it will run forever, even on its dieing leg it can still be sold and continue on the road.

Fun car
By Joe on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I bought my Lebaron with 98,000 miles and now have 149,000. It has been a great car and I have replaced parts mostly out of precaution. I do an average of 40 to 50,000 miles a yr. The oil gets changed every 3 to 4 weeks. If you can find one with the 3.0 V6 go for it and enjoy it.

Ooooh Chrysler, why do you hate me?
By Tom on 07/23/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I was apprehensive but we had no other option, as it was cheap and we made payments. I have owned 10 vehicles and this was the worst. The design is terrible for a 94'(inside and out), it's like they designed it then never actually sat in the car to realize all the bad ideas they had. It gave us transmission trouble on a rebuilt trans (rebuilt at 80k miles note), and the cooling system was always a problem. The torque/hp is all based at lower rpm so good luck passing. This car was not designed with snow in mind, chains slap the suspension because of the clearance, I have put chains on many, many cars with no problems as I live in the mountains. The handling is very poor. Etc.

Good Car, but treat her nice
By DeCaY on 01/09/10 10:45 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Landau 4dr Sedan

LeBaron was my first car. I got with 88,000 miles on it. Its a good car, and is extremely comfortable. I almost didn't mind traffic. Good performance and very good gas mileage which I didn't expect, but that baby won't die in a pinch, and weather never effected it. Not too fast, I topped out at 94, which is still not too bad. Watch out for Serpentine Belt, and Transaxle gasket leaks. If you can get a nice one for 2,000 or lower I very much encourage you to do so.

Not a bad ride at all
By Dustin on 07/15/08 23:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Bought this car from a retired couple who bought it brand new in 94 and stored it every winter. Paid $2200 for it with 87,000 miles in great condition. 2 years, 2 winters and 16,000 miles later, it's still going strong with no major maintenance (other than oil and such). However, the winters have taken their toll on it. I use it as a work car and it gets me their every day with no major issues. Check Engine light pops up every now and then (O2 sensor), and idles kinda low when warm (hangs around 400 rpm), and the 3.0 L Mopar engine loses its power significantly when A/C is on (Illinois summers are atrociously humid, so top stays up). MPG is around 23 hwy, not bad for an American V6.

Great car
By Dodger on 03/13/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

This has been an amazing car. It has Japanese (Mitsubishi) technology which might explain it's reliability The 3.0 V6 engine is "bulletproof". It still has the original top and exhaust system. I put on 1 set of pads on the front and the rear bonded are original. As a precaution 2 years ago I changed the spark plugs, timing belt and water pump for a very meager sum. All in all it ranks as the best car I ever had.

It is a fine ride
By David on 03/28/07 18:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I Got this car from a passed on relative. It had 70,000 miles on it. So far i put 1,000 miles on it and have replaced the radiator, two rear tires, and the sound system. The only problems i have had with the car are that the back windows don't go down and the engine has idled once. As a whole this car is easy to work on. The interior in my car is red and has a nice sleek design. This car accelerates pretty well and is a fun enjoyable ride with the top down. It would be nice not to have to worry about engine problems. I think this is a good car for any one who wants more bang for there buck.

High Maintenance
By Dadwithkids on 06/18/05 06:14 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

LeBaron GTC's are fun, there is nothing like driving a convertible. I still think the styling is still sporty. We've had this car for 8 years as a "fun car", 5000 miles a year average. I love driving it, but watch out, it is under engineered and things tend to breakdown, even early in my purchase. If you want a fun car, this is one, if you want reliable, shop else where. (motor mounts, CV joints, rear sway bar, electric window broke)

Fun Fun Fun
By Mr. Beefy on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Still looks great and is a blast to drive

Chrysler LeBaron
By joseph del gross on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Good performance in general but it leaks and had it in twice for fixing but still leaks. Further, the main belt has given me many problems, broke once, came off once and squeeked until I had the belt stablizer replaced twice. I have 55,000 miles on the car a and had the front ball joints replaced. The back seat if cramped for additional passengers.