Used 1994 Chrysler Le Baron Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:

Wouldn't quit
By mr.Devon

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

i bought this car as my first car during high school. it had 163k miles on it. still looked decent. i put this car through hell! weekly trips to the beach, hours of driving. this car refused to die! after 2 months it started blowing serious smoke, head gasket. kept driving! just added oil every other week. the convertible was nice in SoCal., i definately drove the car with style. not too many out there, def. a head turner. if you have the chance to get one with lower miles get it, it will run forever, even on its dieing leg it can still be sold and continue on the road.

Favorite Features

convertible! controls on dash/steering wheel! longevity of car!

Suggested Improvements

the roof would leak into the car if the door was open, angle of roof. the door hinges bent easily if they were leaned on while open. no trunk release, had to use key which broke off in trunk, if you get one, just enjoy it!

Fun car
By Joe

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I bought my Lebaron with 98,000 miles and now have 149,000. It has been a great car and I have replaced parts mostly out of precaution. I do an average of 40 to 50,000 miles a yr. The oil gets changed every 3 to 4 weeks. If you can find one with the 3.0 V6 go for it and enjoy it.

Favorite Features

Top, driving, economy

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little bit larger trunk

Ooooh Chrysler, why do you hate me?
By Tom

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

I was apprehensive but we had no other option, as it was cheap and we made payments. I have owned 10 vehicles and this was the worst. The design is terrible for a 94'(inside and out), it's like they designed it then never actually sat in the car to realize all the bad ideas they had. It gave us transmission trouble on a rebuilt trans (rebuilt at 80k miles note), and the cooling system was always a problem. The torque/hp is all based at lower rpm so good luck passing. This car was not designed with snow in mind, chains slap the suspension because of the clearance, I have put chains on many, many cars with no problems as I live in the mountains. The handling is very poor. Etc.

Favorite Features

I didn't think I would care about a convertible but I must admit I really like it. I left the blinker on once and the car dinged at me letting me know. Adjustable lumbar support in driver seat, that's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design, exterior design, drive-train, all electrical components and anything in between.

Good Car, but treat her nice
By DeCaY

1994 Chrysler Le Baron Landau 4dr Sedan

LeBaron was my first car. I got with 88,000 miles on it. Its a good car, and is extremely comfortable. I almost didn't mind traffic. Good performance and very good gas mileage which I didn't expect, but that baby won't die in a pinch, and weather never effected it. Not too fast, I topped out at 94, which is still not too bad. Watch out for Serpentine Belt, and Transaxle gasket leaks. If you can get a nice one for 2,000 or lower I very much encourage you to do so.

Favorite Features

Seats feel like a lazy boy, Great efficiency and respectable power, very smooth ride, and lots of leg room. Also, parts are very cheap and you can a performance chip if need to increase hp +50.

Suggested Improvements

Some leaks. Alternator not too strong, and serpentine belt is hard to replace. Stock stereo is bad, so get a aftermarket.

Not a bad ride at all
By Dustin

1994 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Bought this car from a retired couple who bought it brand new in 94 and stored it every winter. Paid $2200 for it with 87,000 miles in great condition. 2 years, 2 winters and 16,000 miles later, it's still going strong with no major maintenance (other than oil and such). However, the winters have taken their toll on it. I use it as a work car and it gets me their every day with no major issues. Check Engine light pops up every now and then (O2 sensor), and idles kinda low when warm (hangs around 400 rpm), and the 3.0 L Mopar engine loses its power significantly when A/C is on (Illinois summers are atrociously humid, so top stays up). MPG is around 23 hwy, not bad for an American V6.

Favorite Features

Rides smooth, Reliable, and extremely easy to work on (and I'm not a great mechanic at ALL).

Suggested Improvements

Improvements would be pointless on a discontinued car, but if they ever bring it back, lighten it up a little (LeBaron's were extremely heavy cars for their size, kills the MPG, but probably save your life in a wreck).