Used 1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible - Consumer Reviews

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:

No Problems
By Dane

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

my Car is well over 80,000 miles. and i have had no problems but a small rip on my top. but even that is easy to fix, in fact, i just decided to buy a whole new top altogether and found it not too expensive at all ! great pickup speed. great top end speed. totally reliable, smooth ride.

The convertible top!!!

definitely needs some cup holdersssss...

LeBaron Base convertible
By jim

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

Bought the LeB. w/ 52K mi. It now has 100K and I've had no problems at all. No oil burn, no leaks, everything works well. I'm a believer in preventive, rather than breakdown maintenance, and it has always paid off.

It's a rag top; what's not to like?! Nice body style and the 3L V6 has good power.

LeBarons never had very well designed auto. transmissions, and this one is no exception. I've never had a bit of trouble with it, but it's always had a loose feel to the shifting. Hasn't gotten worse through the years, but just doesn't have a tight, crisp action to it.

The best car I've ever had!!
By Mary

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought my little beauty, used, in 2004. The sleek body style caught my eye. I had no idea what an excellent car I was getting! No mechanical problems or anything, other than your typical age-related. Even then, the cost to repair/replace those parts {water pump & alternator} were very inexpensive. This car is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I usually get bored with a vehicle after a year or so & *trade up*. But there's no way I'll give up my LeBaron. It's sturdy, dependable, easy to work on, gets great gas mileage, runs like a champ & really gets the looks & compliments! Eventually she'll need a new engine and/or tranny, yes, but I'll replace them.

Repair costs are ultra low, easy to work on, fun to drive, extremely reliable & dependable. This car has never let me down.

Cup holders!!

I got the short end of the stick
By xgreen_applex

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

Maybe it's just that I bought it used, but this car did nothing but fall to pieces bit by bit while I had it. No longer reliable after 150,000 miles. Distributor went at 175k, transmission at 180k. Hinge in passenger door just snapped apart. It's cute, but that's about all it has going for it.

Convertible Top

Who has time for a car that doesn't last even 200k miles?

Transmission failure at 60,000 miles!
By Jan

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

Loved this car right up until the transmission failed at 60,000 miles! Do not buy this car!

Convertible was fun, but nothing's fun when you're standing next to it on the side of the road.

Different transmission? Different car.