1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Consumer Reviews

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:
No Problems
By Dane on 05/15/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

my Car is well over 80,000 miles. and i have had no problems but a small rip on my top. but even that is easy to fix, in fact, i just decided to buy a whole new top altogether and found it not too expensive at all ! great pickup speed. great top end speed. totally reliable, smooth ride.

LeBaron Base convertible
By jim on 03/15/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

Bought the LeB. w/ 52K mi. It now has 100K and I've had no problems at all. No oil burn, no leaks, everything works well. I'm a believer in preventive, rather than breakdown maintenance, and it has always paid off.

The best car I've ever had!!
By Mary on 12/31/09 10:49 AM (PST)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought my little beauty, used, in 2004. The sleek body style caught my eye. I had no idea what an excellent car I was getting! No mechanical problems or anything, other than your typical age-related. Even then, the cost to repair/replace those parts {water pump & alternator} were very inexpensive. This car is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I usually get bored with a vehicle after a year or so & *trade up*. But there's no way I'll give up my LeBaron. It's sturdy, dependable, easy to work on, gets great gas mileage, runs like a champ & really gets the looks & compliments! Eventually she'll need a new engine and/or tranny, yes, but I'll replace them.

I got the short end of the stick
By xgreen_applex on 05/22/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

Maybe it's just that I bought it used, but this car did nothing but fall to pieces bit by bit while I had it. No longer reliable after 150,000 miles. Distributor went at 175k, transmission at 180k. Hinge in passenger door just snapped apart. It's cute, but that's about all it has going for it.

Transmission failure at 60,000 miles!
By Jan on 08/07/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

Loved this car right up until the transmission failed at 60,000 miles! Do not buy this car!

I wish I still had My 1 Whim
By My 1 Whim on 12/22/04 20:23 PM (PST)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought my Lebaron Convertible because I thought it was pretty in green with the tan top.MY1WHIM(on license plate) turned out to be the best car! There was a transmission problem when it was about 2 years old. It was replaced and future problems were prevented after I was advised to always use high octane gas. In 11 years/103,000 miles I did routine maintenance like tires & brakes, and had to replace the water pump and a window motor. Unfortunately, last week, the car was totalled when an elderly man "failed to yield to oncoming traffic" and hit me HARD. Thanks to the seat belt and air bag I had no major injuries, just bruises. I hope to replace My1Whim with a Twin Whim!

Nice car
By Leigh H on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible

Fun and easy to drive. Peppy and nice and looking. Hard to get boot covering in place. Moter in side rear windows lasted about 5 years before replacement. Transmission replaced after 9 years although car was driven 85% in town at lower speeds (mechanic said unusual for tranny to be repaired with low milage but sometimes happens). Higway driving at speed limits. Car never mistreated, driven by little 'old' lady from mid- sized family town.

One great car
By GaryL on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

I recieved my LeBaron Convertable for a Father's Day present in 1998. Since then, other than routine oil changes, 2 sets of spark plugs and a distributor cap, the only thing that cost me was for a fuel pump. We have a full size conversion van and yet on our last 2 touring vacations, one through the Rocky Mountains and one through Eastern Canada, my kids demanded we drive the LeB!

Satisfied Owner for 5 Years
By Honey on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've owned my LeBaron for 5 years now. It had 75,000 miles on it when I ourchased it in 1997 and it now has 108,000. So far I've only dealt with routine maitenance (brakes, oil, plugs, etc.) and minor problems (starter, ais motor, throttle pos. sensor). It is a very reliable car. The 3.0 L V6 is fast and accelerates quickly. The power top goes down with the push of a button (although the back windows don't anymore). All in all, for a car that is almost 10 years old, it has held up suprisingly well. Bravo Chrysler!

never again
By DAV on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

horrible transmission problems, very poor reliabilty, will never buy chrysler again