Used 1993 Chrysler Le Baron Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:

No Problems
By Dane

1993 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

my Car is well over 80,000 miles. and i have had no problems but a small rip on my top. but even that is easy to fix, in fact, i just decided to buy a whole new top altogether and found it not too expensive at all ! great pickup speed. great top end speed. totally reliable, smooth ride.

Favorite Features

The convertible top!!!

Suggested Improvements

definitely needs some cup holdersssss...

LeBaron Base convertible
By jim

1993 Chrysler Le Baron 2dr Convertible

Bought the LeB. w/ 52K mi. It now has 100K and I've had no problems at all. No oil burn, no leaks, everything works well. I'm a believer in preventive, rather than breakdown maintenance, and it has always paid off.

Favorite Features

It's a rag top; what's not to like?! Nice body style and the 3L V6 has good power.

Suggested Improvements

LeBarons never had very well designed auto. transmissions, and this one is no exception. I've never had a bit of trouble with it, but it's always had a loose feel to the shifting. Hasn't gotten worse through the years, but just doesn't have a tight, crisp action to it.

The best car I've ever had!!
By Mary

1993 Chrysler Le Baron 2dr Convertible

I bought my little beauty, used, in 2004. The sleek body style caught my eye. I had no idea what an excellent car I was getting! No mechanical problems or anything, other than your typical age-related. Even then, the cost to repair/replace those parts {water pump & alternator} were very inexpensive. This car is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I usually get bored with a vehicle after a year or so & *trade up*. But there's no way I'll give up my LeBaron. It's sturdy, dependable, easy to work on, gets great gas mileage, runs like a champ & really gets the looks & compliments! Eventually she'll need a new engine and/or tranny, yes, but I'll replace them.

Favorite Features

Repair costs are ultra low, easy to work on, fun to drive, extremely reliable & dependable. This car has never let me down.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders!!

I'd get another.
By Stephanie

1993 Chrysler Le Baron LE 4dr Sedan

I was reluctant to pay $1,400 for the 1994 LeBaron with 110,000 miles. But I'm sure glad I did! What a super reliable car. Cheap to fix, good pick up (love the v6), good on hills, in the snow (with snow tires), and it just keeps going and going. The only problem is that the bottom has finally rusted out. Everything is leaking. I think if we had been able to garage it we would have gotten more out of it. But the engine goes nice and quiet and the ride is smooth. Not stellar on gas but it's great in the winter. I would buy a well maintained one again in a heartbeat. I'll be sad when this one goes.

Favorite Features

Nothing fancy here. Love the V6 engine and square body. So cheap to fix.

I got the short end of the stick
By xgreen_applex

1993 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Maybe it's just that I bought it used, but this car did nothing but fall to pieces bit by bit while I had it. No longer reliable after 150,000 miles. Distributor went at 175k, transmission at 180k. Hinge in passenger door just snapped apart. It's cute, but that's about all it has going for it.

Favorite Features

Convertible Top

Suggested Improvements

Who has time for a car that doesn't last even 200k miles?