1993 Chrysler Le Baron Consumer Reviews

1993 Chrysler Le Baron - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:
No Problems
By Dane on 05/15/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

my Car is well over 80,000 miles. and i have had no problems but a small rip on my top. but even that is easy to fix, in fact, i just decided to buy a whole new top altogether and found it not too expensive at all ! great pickup speed. great top end speed. totally reliable, smooth ride.

LeBaron Base convertible
By jim on 03/15/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron 2dr Convertible

Bought the LeB. w/ 52K mi. It now has 100K and I've had no problems at all. No oil burn, no leaks, everything works well. I'm a believer in preventive, rather than breakdown maintenance, and it has always paid off.

The best car I've ever had!!
By Mary on 12/31/09 10:49 AM (PST)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron 2dr Convertible

I bought my little beauty, used, in 2004. The sleek body style caught my eye. I had no idea what an excellent car I was getting! No mechanical problems or anything, other than your typical age-related. Even then, the cost to repair/replace those parts {water pump & alternator} were very inexpensive. This car is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I usually get bored with a vehicle after a year or so & *trade up*. But there's no way I'll give up my LeBaron. It's sturdy, dependable, easy to work on, gets great gas mileage, runs like a champ & really gets the looks & compliments! Eventually she'll need a new engine and/or tranny, yes, but I'll replace them.

I'd get another.
By Stephanie on 09/29/08 20:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron LE 4dr Sedan

I was reluctant to pay $1,400 for the 1994 LeBaron with 110,000 miles. But I'm sure glad I did! What a super reliable car. Cheap to fix, good pick up (love the v6), good on hills, in the snow (with snow tires), and it just keeps going and going. The only problem is that the bottom has finally rusted out. Everything is leaking. I think if we had been able to garage it we would have gotten more out of it. But the engine goes nice and quiet and the ride is smooth. Not stellar on gas but it's great in the winter. I would buy a well maintained one again in a heartbeat. I'll be sad when this one goes.

I got the short end of the stick
By xgreen_applex on 05/22/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Maybe it's just that I bought it used, but this car did nothing but fall to pieces bit by bit while I had it. No longer reliable after 150,000 miles. Distributor went at 175k, transmission at 180k. Hinge in passenger door just snapped apart. It's cute, but that's about all it has going for it.

Transmission failure at 60,000 miles!
By Jan on 08/07/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron LX 2dr Convertible

Loved this car right up until the transmission failed at 60,000 miles! Do not buy this car!

I wish I still had My 1 Whim
By My 1 Whim on 12/22/04 20:23 PM (PST)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron 2dr Convertible

I bought my Lebaron Convertible because I thought it was pretty in green with the tan top.MY1WHIM(on license plate) turned out to be the best car! There was a transmission problem when it was about 2 years old. It was replaced and future problems were prevented after I was advised to always use high octane gas. In 11 years/103,000 miles I did routine maintenance like tires & brakes, and had to replace the water pump and a window motor. Unfortunately, last week, the car was totalled when an elderly man "failed to yield to oncoming traffic" and hit me HARD. Thanks to the seat belt and air bag I had no major injuries, just bruises. I hope to replace My1Whim with a Twin Whim!

Nice car
By Leigh H on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron GTC 2dr Convertible

Fun and easy to drive. Peppy and nice and looking. Hard to get boot covering in place. Moter in side rear windows lasted about 5 years before replacement. Transmission replaced after 9 years although car was driven 85% in town at lower speeds (mechanic said unusual for tranny to be repaired with low milage but sometimes happens). Higway driving at speed limits. Car never mistreated, driven by little 'old' lady from mid- sized family town.

just as good as the japanese
By mikegacsy on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron LE 4dr Sedan

we bought this car used and it had 85000 miles on it.it now has 124000 miles on it with no problems.everything still works on it,and the interior and body are in excellent shape.what people have said that chyrsler products are junk are goofy.i have owned chyrslers all my life and have always been satisfied with them.

laberion
By aby on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chrysler Le Baron 2dr Coupe

it has been i pretty good car.i have only had to fix one thing on it.that was the water pump and timing belt.but other than that it runs great.