1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:
Good fun for little coin!
By hondast1300 on 01/20/13 13:33 PM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

I've always loved these convertibles and picked one up a 92 cheap in 2005 for my daughter to destroy while learning to drive. She didn't like it and it sat for a year at the side of the house. I started driving it instead of my V10 3/4 ton to save fuel on non truck runs. And it was fun! Junk yards abound with these and other models with common parts. I've spent idle time picking out better parts from wrecks and have basically rebuilt this car. This car is simple to work on and improve. Nobody pimps these cars out. So I am! 1 inch lowering kit, fresh stock paint, upgraded chrome, interior swap from other similar year Chrysler models, Chev Z24 16 inch rims. 225,000kms and going strong!

Love the Car!
By Dean on 02/09/10 09:07 AM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

This has been a great car, heavy and sturdy, can stand outside of the car and turn the car on even starts up with no problem after months in winter storage. The car has power, my daughter raced it against a Mustang and won. This car is easy to take care of regarding maintenance, and is easy on gas usage which is very nice. The only thing that I wish it had was a drink holder. After all these years it runs great, looks great and we still have a blast driving around with the top down, that is the only way to go.

For my information
By Duane L Burk on 11/02/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

Handling of car is exceptrional, enjoy driving. The foriegn motor has never given me a ounce of problems. Transmission could be better.

1 Fun Ride
By popppppz on 07/24/07 15:57 PM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

Very simple to work on, parts arent to expenisive compared to other more expensive convertibles, looks just as good as a new bmw convertible, not very expensive to own or buy, little bit of muscle, not to bad on gas, reliable, not the best car for long trips due to not enough back seat leg room still bigger than most in its class

Okay buy.
By Steven Martins on 03/19/05 07:40 AM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible

I Drive this and my 1991 Honda Accord and my wife's 2003 Infini G35. The G35 and Accord and my father's Taurus all ride better because this car rides avragely with only 59,000 miles on it. This car has wonderful looks and the best cd player. The ride is not to brag about. The Pickup is not the G35 but it is better then my father's Taurus yet it isn't the "91 Accord. 1992 was my lucky year, a son, Clinton elected, and a Chrysler.

Okay
By Jason Davison on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

I like this car better then my Mothers Linclon Towncar which is a peace of junk. Buy this car. reliability could be better like Honda

Good rag top for the money
By Streaker on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

Bought my Le Baron used with 18000 miles in 1993. Repairs were tranny replacement at 64000, and a water pump. Needs a cable kit for rear window but Chrysler wants $70+ for a length of cable and couple of plastic spools, so getting along without that. Very good top-down car and that is reason I bought it. Decent power and gas mileage, but the seats practically on the pavement and visibility difficult without a booster - sit so low that any following vehicle will glare the rear view mirrow even with low beams. This has been a reliable car and I expect to keep it around.

TOO LOW
By enyaw on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

THIS IS A FUN SUMMER ONLY CAR. THE SEATS ARE TO LOW WITH THE TOP UP IT MAKES VISIBILTY DIFFICULT. IT'S GOT PLENTY OF PEP AND GAS MILEAGE IS GOOD. ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS ARE PLENTY. IF YOU HAVE A FRIEND THAT GOOD WITH WIREING, YOUR GOOD TO GO. I READ SOMEONE SAID THERE A LOT OF WIND NOISE,I CAN SEE THEY NEVER OWNED A JEEP WRANGLER,WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. GOT A MEGAPHONE? ENYAW

Great, fun convertible!!
By SarahGinter on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

Fun, fun, fun...great first car fo any 16-year-old, and great for any age group really!

Little Old Lady from Pasadena's Convert!
By Donna M on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2dr Convertible

My mom purchased this car and passed away in 2001, leaving me her car. I drove it a lot when she had it (she was 85 when she died!). My complaint is that when the top is up, visibility is blocked when turning around to check for cars approaching when merging onto the highway and paint job was not the greatest.