1990 Chrysler Le Baron Consumer Review: More power than I should have

1990 Chrysler Le Baron - Consumer Review

Highline Convertible (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

More power than I should have
By Gordo on

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Highline Turbo 2dr Convertible

I had to add a review after reading the so-so others. I LOVE my Lebaron Convertible. The 2.5 Turbo is a fabulous platform to play with. Mine is balanced with forged pistons, new computer, exhaust, intake, cam, injectors, intercooler and extra turbo boost. It'll smoke the tires easily and I've layed down over 40 feet of rubber with it. At freeway speeds I can step on the gas and its still got plenty of power to give. It truly is a sleeper with a base of 150 hp, but you can easily add another 50 with bolt on upgrades, but you'd better hurry, not many accessories are left from MOPAR. The coolest thing though, is I've got loads of power and I can still get 25 mpg if I drive nice.

Plenty of zip and still gets great mileage. I can set the cruise control at 60 mph and will average about 30 mpg, but if I want to pass someone, there's not hesitation. Where else can you find good looks, power and economy on a 16 year old car?

The convertable needed better anti-sway components. Without improvements it handles like a cow.