Used 1990 Chrysler Le Baron Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:

its ok
By roadxing

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought this car needing a head gasket. Replaced that and the timing belt. A few months later did a complete tune up and right know i need to flush the tranny and i think it will be just about as good as new. I think its pretty good for a four cylinder and cheap tranny(no overdrive), they really should of had the four speeds with overdrive standard. But all in all its not a bad car.

Favorite Features

I like the center console. I really like that it tells how many mpg you get and how many miles you have left in the tank. I like the overall styling.

Suggested Improvements

STOP USING 3-speed TRANSMISSION!!!!!!! Not having overdrive just kills your gas milage and its just not smart to build something in the late 80's early 90's with out overdrive. If cars in the late 50's had overdrive why not these???

1987 2dr Premium Coupe
By Henry Blewett

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe

No '87 so here goes. Beautiful car, but low mileage (80000) and stuff is starting wear out with age, not use. All of it is convienece, not driveability. Love the digital speedometer, but it has problems. Not very comfy, but the seats are in immaculate condition. Very reliable, and looks very sharp. Since it is ancient, it must be treated nice, although when you wanna get up and go, just puss that gas and let the turbo do the rest.

Favorite Features

Digital speedometer, overall style of the car, quality of interior goodies not available on other cars of the same year. Turbo...

Suggested Improvements

Make doors stay open by themselves (weigh a ton) comfort could be improved, gas mileage, better turning radius

good, relaible car
By lilychic

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I really liked this car. I drove mine hard and put lots of miles on it, but it was always the most reliable car in the driveway! I put close to 200k on it before selling it. I was a great car, fun to drive with lots of power.

Favorite Features

The air and heat work a little too well! Lots of power. Reliable. Good handling.

Suggested Improvements

The interior lights in the back never worked. Could use cup holders. The apholstery wore out pretty fast.