Used 1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:

Fast!
By tireburner1997

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible

fast little car. it is my dads car and it is faster then my 3.8L Firebird! it handles okay but I love the trans! it feels like a stick shift!

fwd so it is good in the winter

Still have it
By 300man

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car in 2000 fresh out of high school and the first vehicle I bought with my own money. It had 120k on it when I bought it and it now has 150k. I have replaced so much of this car with the exception of the engine. I do however love the car and would never sell it. I am the second owner of it. My interior is flawless, the exterior looks like crap. it gets about 22 mpg and the a/c still blows cold r12.

convertible, DTE display, looks with razzi body kit.

better tranny, and build, I've used so much spray foam, dynomat to try and get rid of it's horrible squeaks. Then again it is 20 almost 21 years old.

My new car
By Tina

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible

This is my third car. My second Chrysler. My first Chrysler was a 91 Sundance that was recently totaled in an accident. My uncle had been trying to sell this car to my parents for 450 but since it was for me he charged 200. I just got it and ill tell ya, I don't think I would have gone with a different car. I absolutely love this car. It's so much like my old one yet so much better even though its a year older. It's all white with red interior. It might be 17 yrs old but for an 18 yr old college student you can't ask for a better running or more fun to drive car!!! My friend is 19 yrs old and she thinks it has too much power for her because its a V6. I love the power output!

The power features. V6 engine. Red comfortable interior. Fun to drive. Reliable. Just overall an easy to love car!

Well I don't really have any complaints. The only thing thats wrong with my car is that the tranny needs to be flushed. They last flushed it about 4 yrs ago, but it's starting to act up again.

18 year car
By Shboom

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC Turbo 2dr Convertible

Bought GTC turbo convertible new in 1990 for pleasure/summer use only. 66,000 miles to date. Replaced head gasket at 50,000 mi.,otherwise minor repairs only (rear window motor,timing belt, muffler,etc) Original top is still good, body rust-free, AM radio died---FM still there. Car drives beautifully---actually better than ever. I now am using it as my daily driver (bought a new Miata for summer fun). Very enjoyable car, though others are better built.

Very comfortable leather seats--- luxurious feel and great ride. Turbo is a kick!

This car doesn't have the quality of my wife's Japanese made car she bought 10 years ago and has needed no repairs at all. Improve quality.

More power than I should have
By Gordo

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Highline Turbo 2dr Convertible

I had to add a review after reading the so-so others. I LOVE my Lebaron Convertible. The 2.5 Turbo is a fabulous platform to play with. Mine is balanced with forged pistons, new computer, exhaust, intake, cam, injectors, intercooler and extra turbo boost. It'll smoke the tires easily and I've layed down over 40 feet of rubber with it. At freeway speeds I can step on the gas and its still got plenty of power to give. It truly is a sleeper with a base of 150 hp, but you can easily add another 50 with bolt on upgrades, but you'd better hurry, not many accessories are left from MOPAR. The coolest thing though, is I've got loads of power and I can still get 25 mpg if I drive nice.

Plenty of zip and still gets great mileage. I can set the cruise control at 60 mph and will average about 30 mpg, but if I want to pass someone, there's not hesitation. Where else can you find good looks, power and economy on a 16 year old car?

The convertable needed better anti-sway components. Without improvements it handles like a cow.