1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:
Still have it
By 300man on 08/27/10 00:37 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car in 2000 fresh out of high school and the first vehicle I bought with my own money. It had 120k on it when I bought it and it now has 150k. I have replaced so much of this car with the exception of the engine. I do however love the car and would never sell it. I am the second owner of it. My interior is flawless, the exterior looks like crap. it gets about 22 mpg and the a/c still blows cold r12.

My new car
By Tina on 06/01/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible

This is my third car. My second Chrysler. My first Chrysler was a 91 Sundance that was recently totaled in an accident. My uncle had been trying to sell this car to my parents for 450 but since it was for me he charged 200. I just got it and ill tell ya, I don't think I would have gone with a different car. I absolutely love this car. It's so much like my old one yet so much better even though its a year older. It's all white with red interior. It might be 17 yrs old but for an 18 yr old college student you can't ask for a better running or more fun to drive car!!! My friend is 19 yrs old and she thinks it has too much power for her because its a V6. I love the power output!

18 year car
By Shboom on 01/11/08 09:44 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GTC Turbo 2dr Convertible

Bought GTC turbo convertible new in 1990 for pleasure/summer use only. 66,000 miles to date. Replaced head gasket at 50,000 mi.,otherwise minor repairs only (rear window motor,timing belt, muffler,etc) Original top is still good, body rust-free, AM radio died---FM still there. Car drives beautifully---actually better than ever. I now am using it as my daily driver (bought a new Miata for summer fun). Very enjoyable car, though others are better built.

More power than I should have
By Gordo on 08/25/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Highline Turbo 2dr Convertible

I had to add a review after reading the so-so others. I LOVE my Lebaron Convertible. The 2.5 Turbo is a fabulous platform to play with. Mine is balanced with forged pistons, new computer, exhaust, intake, cam, injectors, intercooler and extra turbo boost. It'll smoke the tires easily and I've layed down over 40 feet of rubber with it. At freeway speeds I can step on the gas and its still got plenty of power to give. It truly is a sleeper with a base of 150 hp, but you can easily add another 50 with bolt on upgrades, but you'd better hurry, not many accessories are left from MOPAR. The coolest thing though, is I've got loads of power and I can still get 25 mpg if I drive nice.

Great car!
By Fabio9899 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible

This is a great car. Its worth ever dime. There comfortable, and great to drive. Its 13 years old, and looks like new. There engines are much better then the old 4 cyl. They have alot of power behind them, and for u fast drives i raced a mustang and beat it!!

Keeps on going....and going
By Kris Andersen on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible

My parents bought this car new almost 14 years ago, and it still runs like the day they drove it home. The engine starts right up, and the V-6 still moves it along much better than the 2003 Mustang I recently rented. Cosmetically, the car could have been built a litle better. There have always been some clunks and rattles. All in all, it's a great car. I am very pleased.

1990 Lebaron Highlander Convertible
By bgstrap on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Highline 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1990 Lebaron Convertible from the original owner for $500. It had 78000 miles on it. It is a dark blue color with a blue interior and a black top. It was filthy dirty when I got it, but it cleaned up like new. other than normal maintenance items, all I've had to replace it the rear left-hand power window motor. the car runs and drives great, but is pretty slow. Still it is great fun to drive. I gave it to my 16 year old son, and am looking for another one for me. really fun little car.

You get out of it what you put into it
By mayzo on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

The 1990 lebaron GT convertible is a sharp looking,decent riding,smooth running car BUT,you must treat it with a little TLC.Patience and mechanical bility are also required.Most ANY car will give you problems if you drive it hard or don't MAINTAIN it.If driven with respect,(it IS a touring car,NOT a race car)it will give you many miles of pleasure.However,like anything that is rewarding,you have to work at it.But this is part of the fun!To own one of these,be prepared to spend time working on it,but it will reward you many times over.Treat it well,and it will return the favor.I believe the 90 & 91 may approach collector status some day.

i have a 89 lebaron
By robslilangel on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible

there was no place for me to put in a review about an 89 lebaron, so this is the closest i could find. my lebaron has 178,000 miles on it and its still a reliable car. it is great on gas and considering its age i think its decent looking and kind of cute. i have never had any major problems. normal wear and tear, but that is it.