1990 Chrysler Le Baron Consumer Reviews

1990 Chrysler Le Baron - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Le Baron model:
Still have it
By 300man on 08/27/10 00:37 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car in 2000 fresh out of high school and the first vehicle I bought with my own money. It had 120k on it when I bought it and it now has 150k. I have replaced so much of this car with the exception of the engine. I do however love the car and would never sell it. I am the second owner of it. My interior is flawless, the exterior looks like crap. it gets about 22 mpg and the a/c still blows cold r12.

My new car
By Tina on 06/01/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Premium 2dr Convertible

This is my third car. My second Chrysler. My first Chrysler was a 91 Sundance that was recently totaled in an accident. My uncle had been trying to sell this car to my parents for 450 but since it was for me he charged 200. I just got it and ill tell ya, I don't think I would have gone with a different car. I absolutely love this car. It's so much like my old one yet so much better even though its a year older. It's all white with red interior. It might be 17 yrs old but for an 18 yr old college student you can't ask for a better running or more fun to drive car!!! My friend is 19 yrs old and she thinks it has too much power for her because its a V6. I love the power output!

Le Baron
By Jan on 01/17/08 15:14 PM (PST)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron 4dr Sedan

I love the car. I wish it could get better gas mileage though. But it's a great car, comfortable, plenty of space inside. The truck size is great too.

18 year car
By Shboom on 01/11/08 09:44 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Turbo 2dr Convertible

Bought GTC turbo convertible new in 1990 for pleasure/summer use only. 66,000 miles to date. Replaced head gasket at 50,000 mi.,otherwise minor repairs only (rear window motor,timing belt, muffler,etc) Original top is still good, body rust-free, AM radio died---FM still there. Car drives beautifully---actually better than ever. I now am using it as my daily driver (bought a new Miata for summer fun). Very enjoyable car, though others are better built.

The car that never quits!
By aviatechnisong on 02/24/06 11:07 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron 4dr Sedan

I've got a 1990 Lebaron that currently has 230,000+ miles on it! This is a car that won't quit! It's comfortable, has pretty good gas milage for its age, and it still looks good! It was passed down from my aunt, who'd received it from my grandparents, who bought it used. And for a 16 year old car, it's pretty good. I love LeBarons!

More power than I should have
By Gordo on 08/25/05 17:34 PM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Highline Turbo 2dr Convertible

I had to add a review after reading the so-so others. I LOVE my Lebaron Convertible. The 2.5 Turbo is a fabulous platform to play with. Mine is balanced with forged pistons, new computer, exhaust, intake, cam, injectors, intercooler and extra turbo boost. It'll smoke the tires easily and I've layed down over 40 feet of rubber with it. At freeway speeds I can step on the gas and its still got plenty of power to give. It truly is a sleeper with a base of 150 hp, but you can easily add another 50 with bolt on upgrades, but you'd better hurry, not many accessories are left from MOPAR. The coolest thing though, is I've got loads of power and I can still get 25 mpg if I drive nice.

its ok
By roadxing on 08/18/05 23:39 PM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Highline 2dr Coupe

I bought this car needing a head gasket. Replaced that and the timing belt. A few months later did a complete tune up and right know i need to flush the tranny and i think it will be just about as good as new. I think its pretty good for a four cylinder and cheap tranny(no overdrive), they really should of had the four speeds with overdrive standard. But all in all its not a bad car.

Lebaron Luxury
By scottmandu on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron 4dr Sedan

I have recently purchased a 1990 LeBaron Sedan. This car has only 53K original miles and is quite impressive. I have never been a Chrysler guy, but can honestly say this model has changed my thinking. First off I am six feet four and fit comfortably with the power seat adjusted. The interior is plush and the accoutrements are extensibly convenient. The motor has generous power with front wheel drive and decent fuel economy, (Average 21 M.P.G.) The style is streamlined and elegant with the Landau roof and Opera windows. Overall I am suprisingly enthused and ecstatic regarding my new car.

Power&good MPG, watch A/C & oil burning
By Al Lipnel on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron 4dr Sedan

Plenty of acceleration power with the V6 EFI. I get 26 mpg with 6 cylinders. A real smooth ride at highway speeds. At purchase, 5 years ago, my LeBaron was 9 years old and had 68K miles. I have put on 90K miles. The quality of the air conditioning units is suspect. I have gone through 2 units. Three separate auto mechanics have given bad review for LeBaron A/C units. My LeBaron burns a quart of oil per week. May be just my car - it now has 150K miles. My mechanic does not know of oil burning being a common problem for LeBarons.

Great car!
By Fabio9899 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chrysler Le Baron Premium 2dr Convertible

This is a great car. Its worth ever dime. There comfortable, and great to drive. Its 13 years old, and looks like new. There engines are much better then the old 4 cyl. They have alot of power behind them, and for u fast drives i raced a mustang and beat it!!