Used 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:

Great car except for the rust
By family_guy1

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I got it at 80k now has 105k replaced front brakes, water pump and several pulleys as well as the belt. The big stuff was corrosion issues. The rear brake lines were rusted out at the ABS Pump which is under the van. I also had to have the power steering lines replaced from corrosion. Also one of the gas tank straps rusted through and snapped in half. The body has rust issues at the bottom of the liftgate, above the rear wheel wells and the rocker panels by the rear wheel and under the front drivers door. The front hood is also prone to rust as well. The weird thing is many of these issues are caused by factory installed plastic stickers covering the drain holes.

Drives good. Good van except for the rust. If you can find a clean one I would get it.

If you buy one pull up the tailgate and hood and remove the body colored stickers covering all the drain holes. I now it not just mine as I found these on vans in junk yards to.

Great car, very fun & reliable !
By raindance74

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car back in 2005 with 160,000 miles on it. It now has over 250,000 and still runs strong. Its the base model without all the bells and whistles, and in the 6 years I've owned it, I only had to replace the fuel pump. I've never replaced the transmission or engine, and it get good gas mileage. When you remove the rear seats, it has more room than a truck bed. They did have a recall on this model year for the clock spring but I repaired mine myself and Chrysler USA reimbursed me for the costs and sent me a check (you can also take it into any Chrysler dealer for free to be fixed). Highly recommend this auto.

Lots of space, reliable engine, good mpg. The seats are over 10 yrs old and have no rips or stains.

Paint seems to fade on the roof and hood after a few years. Cassette player broke down after about 5 yrs.

Awful van
By Tammie

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

We have been so frustrated with this van. The second day we had it we had to have it towed to the dealership because of a belt breaking. We should have know then to just take it back. Anyway, it is now on the 3rd transmission at 108,000 miles. I can't even begin to say how many times the belts have broken. We will NEVER buy a Chrysler Van again.

I like the room and the temperature showing inside the vehicle.

Work on the reliability of the transmission and belts.

Best Car I've Owned to 212K miles!
By JustJim

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager 4dr Minivan

My faithful Dodge caravan will finally have to be replaced. It lasted 212,000 miles and over 10 years! I have hauled everything in this car, been stuck in it for up to 3 hours a day NYC driving, and driven it through 10 NY winters. It has been great. My wife owned one first and we kept that one for 140k miles. Air went at 180k on my car and 140k on hers. That's about it. Cost about $8k less than the SUV's when I bought it, and have done everything from camp out of it to commute at 65 mph day in and day out. Kept me safe in one deer/car crash.

Comfortable on long drives

Rustproofing near wheels, some rust after 10 winters. Not bad.

failed brakes
By Failed brakes

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

This van is constant need of brake repair, i have since 2006 put four sets of brakes on it, two rotors, two master cylinders, two wheel seals and now i don't have front brakes again, the back brakes are grabbing, the booster is fine. I am thinking maybe the abs box has some issues, anyways i have never had to do so much repair to one vehicle. I am unhappy with this purchase.

interior back door lock inside the van somewhere so you don't have to use a key!