2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Voyager model:
Great car except for the rust
By family_guy1 on 03/10/12 03:57 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I got it at 80k now has 105k replaced front brakes, water pump and several pulleys as well as the belt. The big stuff was corrosion issues. The rear brake lines were rusted out at the ABS Pump which is under the van. I also had to have the power steering lines replaced from corrosion. Also one of the gas tank straps rusted through and snapped in half. The body has rust issues at the bottom of the liftgate, above the rear wheel wells and the rocker panels by the rear wheel and under the front drivers door. The front hood is also prone to rust as well. The weird thing is many of these issues are caused by factory installed plastic stickers covering the drain holes.

Great car, very fun & reliable !
By raindance74 on 10/13/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I bought this car back in 2005 with 160,000 miles on it. It now has over 250,000 and still runs strong. Its the base model without all the bells and whistles, and in the 6 years I've owned it, I only had to replace the fuel pump. I've never replaced the transmission or engine, and it get good gas mileage. When you remove the rear seats, it has more room than a truck bed. They did have a recall on this model year for the clock spring but I repaired mine myself and Chrysler USA reimbursed me for the costs and sent me a check (you can also take it into any Chrysler dealer for free to be fixed). Highly recommend this auto.

Awful van
By Tammie on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

We have been so frustrated with this van. The second day we had it we had to have it towed to the dealership because of a belt breaking. We should have know then to just take it back. Anyway, it is now on the 3rd transmission at 108,000 miles. I can't even begin to say how many times the belts have broken. We will NEVER buy a Chrysler Van again.

Best Car I've Owned to 212K miles!
By JustJim on 06/18/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager 4dr Minivan

My faithful Dodge caravan will finally have to be replaced. It lasted 212,000 miles and over 10 years! I have hauled everything in this car, been stuck in it for up to 3 hours a day NYC driving, and driven it through 10 NY winters. It has been great. My wife owned one first and we kept that one for 140k miles. Air went at 180k on my car and 140k on hers. That's about it. Cost about $8k less than the SUV's when I bought it, and have done everything from camp out of it to commute at 65 mph day in and day out. Kept me safe in one deer/car crash.

failed brakes
By Failed brakes on 04/03/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

This van is constant need of brake repair, i have since 2006 put four sets of brakes on it, two rotors, two master cylinders, two wheel seals and now i don't have front brakes again, the back brakes are grabbing, the booster is fine. I am thinking maybe the abs box has some issues, anyways i have never had to do so much repair to one vehicle. I am unhappy with this purchase.

a life time fan
By john zaf on 09/21/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

My first Chrysler was an ordinary voyager I bought it second hand. unfortunately the head gasket blew and my drive was ruined from oil so I sold it. my second one was a grand voyager turbo diesel in which the fuel pump and the electrical management system packed up so once again i sold it. my third one which i still have to this day is a Chrysler grand voyager LX and it's beautiful and it's huge when the seats go down I can even play hockey in the back my friends and family call it the party wagon and it really is so far I've had no problems with it touch wood. i love it and so do the kids especially the DVD system it's like driving around in your living room totally awesome this one is here to stay.

Must have been a mistake
By Edwin on 04/04/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager 4dr Minivan

I was unsure when I boughy this care at 102,000 miles just how long it would last. But one year later I think it is probably one of the best cars that I have ever owned.

Almost 8 years old and a solid testament
By Father of 7 on 10/27/07 22:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

Great van, solid performance for a minivan. Great visability and great intrument layout. Loud road noise. No leaks after 110,000 miles. Getting 18mpg roughly in town. 4 doors makes life easier.

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE
By J.James on 05/30/05 21:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

We only have about 25,000 miles on this vehicle, but the following items have needed to be replaced or repaired since purchase in 2000: * Faulty steering column @ 6000 miles (improper installation at factory) * Leaking transmission fluid (misaligned clamps) * Rough shifting transmission (new fluid and gaskets) * Clock spring replacement (recall) * Replace hose clamps (6 clamps, transmission) * Water leak underneath passenger floorboard * cracked doopanel (driver's side) * Warped glovebox (Improper fit at factory) * Faulty trans. solenoid pack

2000 Grand Voyager
By Ray Kershaw on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

Have about 71000 total miles. One one problem so far, replaced key cylinder. Best minivan we've had for past 16 years