2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Limited 3.2L V6 6-speed Manual - (7 reviews )
Identity crisis
By Crossfireowner on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This german mutt has lost its identity in exchange for economy and American drivability. All sport car compromises for just some of the fun. PROS: -Grin inducing sticky turns. Almost no body roll. -Styling is great to "tragically unique" -Bulletproof Mercedes parts. -Sporty suspension might be a con to some, a definite pro to me. CONS: -Tire noise from it's $220 (!) huge rear tires is understandable. Wind noise and plastic creaking from its cheap interior is not. -Steering is numb, pedals are squishy. -Impossible in rough weather. -Standard coupe compromises, trunk, leg room, ect. -6.5sec to 60MPH is just okay. -Blind spots are workable, but still there.

Personal Bang for the Buck
By Bob out West on 09/16/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes chasis (albeit older) and handbuilt coachwork with more art in its tail than 99% of the entirety of other cars on the road. This is entirely impossible for less than $50k, let alone the price at under $25k. My history includes a Jag, Tiger, Jensen, X 1/9, 2 Mustangs, CRT (manual) and more, and the fun/comfort quotient on this ride dwarfs them all. Some say that this is more of a boulivardier than a sports car, but it is rock solid, planted like an oak on the road, and goes like scat. Blind spot and rear view sounds bad, but after 1k driving it becomes second nature and unannoying. Cup holder is less than useless, Nav and radio both hopelessly outdated.

An Enthusiast's Vehicle
By Mike on 07/15/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've never driven a "sports car" in my life. I felt the need and felt I'd be too claustrophobic for it. I've been driving SUVs for the past 15 yrs and felt no reason to switch. As a likely symptom of my midlife crisis (??), I found myself wanting a new car. Not just any car. I wanted a different car -- in a true sense of the word. I didn't want a Lexus or BMW. I was quite smitten with the look of the Infinite FX35. It was different and cool. I drove one. I was completed deflated. It was a boring ride. Then, I saw Crossfire. I felt stimulated and intrigued. I went and drove one. I was hooked. It was gorgeous and different on the outside. Driving made me feel something powerful

I love it !
By TomD on 01/19/09 12:56 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my '08 in mid December in NY and drove it home to South Texas as an early Christmas gift to myself! Great price (15k discount) and great car. Very solid machine and inspires confidence. Everything works as it should and I am very, very happpy with purchase. Average gas mileage on 1750 mile trip was 25.3 mpg, nearly all interstate. Make sure your bill of sale says new! I see some new ones for sale (by Chrysler dealers) as used, even with only 10 mi. on the odometer, to avoid the lifetime powertrain warranty to the original owner. Be careful!

Absolutely Love it!
By Andrea on 06/02/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for something sexy to replace my Jeep Liberty and certainly found it in the Crossfire. It's gorgeous, fun, and gets much better gas mileage. Of course, it helped that the dealership knocked $12K off the list to sell it...and yes, it was brand new! Is it worth the list of $37K? No and that's why they're discontinuing them. But, for $25K? Absolutely!

Love It
By Zoom on 04/24/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Love the design, very comfortable for a two seater. Loads of trunk space (for a 2 seater). Can easily get two golf bags and weekends worth of gear in it. Not a drag racer but has plenty of giddy-up. Reasonable cost after good discount. If you love it, keep it since the resale value is almost nothing.

Don't get one
By John, NY on 03/16/08 22:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Hatchback Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Everything was very poor. I wish I had ordered a different vehicle. I am stuck with it as the residual is so low, that it may still be negative when the loan is paid off

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.