2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Limited 3.2L V6 6-speed Manual - (7 reviews )
Great Handling Car
By sportcarman12 on 03/17/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

we bought our Chrysler Crossfire Limited convertible in december 2010. I was amazed by the looks of the car & was impressed with the prefromance & handling. So far we have had no problems with the car but we change the oil every 3 thousand miles and you get better preformance if you use the best oil you can find. Yes on road trips the tires are loud but that doesnt matter because everything else about the car comprimises for the loud tires. we launch from 0-60 im 5.6 seconds & the breaking on the car is just amazing. Those of you who are looking for a very good sports car for a low price this would be the car for you. You can get the srt-6 used for 22k or get the regular for 15k-25k.

A Fun to Drive Car
By Richard on 08/24/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a 2-seat convertible and my wife and I chose the Crossfire. We bought this car new in March 2008. Sticker was 41,500, we got it for 32,000 total (tax, title, etc.) and are very happy with the car. The best feature of the car is the styling - very unique. I get positive comments most everywhere I go. Have a bad day at work? Do as my wife and I - drop the top, go for a ride in the country and you'll be smiling. This car is comfy for a short wheelbase, 2-seater, the seats too. I plan to keep this car for a long time, as is my custom. If you own a Crossfire, join the Crossfire International Car Club Inc. (Google CICCI) - you won't regret it.

So Far So Good
By Bobbylew on 08/21/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am very happy with my car. It handles great and so far is quite dependable. Watch out for the trunk lid. I made the mistake of leaving it half way closed after getting something out of the trunk and I wound up killing the battery. When I purchased the car the one key didn't work. The dealership had to get the replacement from Mersedes and they told me it would have cost me $150. for me to buy one if it wasn't under warranty if say I lost mine. I haven't had any other problems so far.

No Comparison Anywhere...
By M.Heiden on 04/06/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is "proof" positive of how over rated Toyota and Lexus are. This car looks great, drives great and was more than reasonable to purchase. I refuse to drink the Kool Aid and believe that everything from Japan is great... This is my second one, a 2005 coupe and now a convertible. My last Corvette almost rattled my teeth out of my head, and my kidneys still don't work properly. I think I'll buy one more and leave it in garage for when these wear out at 200k...

Love it
By Orlando Realtor on 12/05/08 16:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Had to downsize from a 06 Vette, (times are tough for realtors) Love my new Crossfire which I bought for 22k with only 1200 miles. Spoiled as I am from the Vette I truly lo the styling. Everyone in the office said they liked it better than the Vette, looks like my bosses 500SLK without the price, test drove one of those too and still decided on a Crossfire. Haven't tried the navigation yet and miss it from the Vette. Seats stink comparably, however with a lumbar pillow I suffice. Flawless power top although it's slow. Decent stereo for the price. Good pickup even if its not lightning fast. Stupid cool active spoiler makes people look. Love the side fins! Half the payment of the Vette so I'm very happy

Fun to Drive
By Len on 11/26/08 07:39 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle new some 10 months ago. I use this car exclusively for pleasure driving and consequently have less than 3,000 miles on it. The car handles well and is fun to drive on back roads. It lacks raw power and is not a head-jerker off the line. The auto transmission is slow to shift. I don't regret buying this car but would buy a Vette if I had it to do over again. But the price difference between the Crossfire and Vette is steep - I believe the Crossfire is a better value for the buck.

My wife loves her new Crossfire
By caremanager on 08/09/08 03:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We are very happy with our Crossfire. My wife could have picked any convertible she wanted in the $40k range. She chose the Crossfire because of it's beautiful styling and head turnablity factor. She absolutely loves her car. What made it even better yet was the incredible deal we got on this vehicle. We just couldn't say no to the $29,900 price tag for this fully loaded car. No other convertible even came close to that price with this many features. The time is right to get this end of model year German built sports car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible in WA is:

$137 per month*