Used 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Crossfire

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Identity crisis
By Crossfireowner

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This german mutt has lost its identity in exchange for economy and American drivability. All sport car compromises for just some of the fun. PROS: -Grin inducing sticky turns. Almost no body roll. -Styling is great to "tragically unique" -Bulletproof Mercedes parts. -Sporty suspension might be a con to some, a definite pro to me. CONS: -Tire noise from it's $220 (!) huge rear tires is understandable. Wind noise and plastic creaking from its cheap interior is not. -Steering is numb, pedals are squishy. -Impossible in rough weather. -Standard coupe compromises, trunk, leg room, ect. -6.5sec to 60MPH is just okay. -Blind spots are workable, but still there.

Favorite Features

Bought mine with 30k miles for 15 grand. What else are you going to get at that price? But does that automatically make it a perfect 10/10? Get real.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the numb steering and squishy pedals and we're getting somewhere great. As it stands this is a good car that's great for the price, but definitely not a great car. My advice is to ignore the 10/10 reviews with complaints of cup holders if you're looking for a "drivers car".

Personal Bang for the Buck
By Bob out West

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes chasis (albeit older) and handbuilt coachwork with more art in its tail than 99% of the entirety of other cars on the road. This is entirely impossible for less than $50k, let alone the price at under $25k. My history includes a Jag, Tiger, Jensen, X 1/9, 2 Mustangs, CRT (manual) and more, and the fun/comfort quotient on this ride dwarfs them all. Some say that this is more of a boulivardier than a sports car, but it is rock solid, planted like an oak on the road, and goes like scat. Blind spot and rear view sounds bad, but after 1k driving it becomes second nature and unannoying. Cup holder is less than useless, Nav and radio both hopelessly outdated.

Favorite Features

Go-kart feel. Seating position once settled. Style. Buy this car if you're 19 inside and a late boomer on the outside. Creature comforts are fine, but more 90's than naughts.

Suggested Improvements

N/A. Although I made some of my own. Discreet low side stripe and upgraded head unit (radio).

An Enthusiast's Vehicle
By Mike

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've never driven a "sports car" in my life. I felt the need and felt I'd be too claustrophobic for it. I've been driving SUVs for the past 15 yrs and felt no reason to switch. As a likely symptom of my midlife crisis (??), I found myself wanting a new car. Not just any car. I wanted a different car -- in a true sense of the word. I didn't want a Lexus or BMW. I was quite smitten with the look of the Infinite FX35. It was different and cool. I drove one. I was completed deflated. It was a boring ride. Then, I saw Crossfire. I felt stimulated and intrigued. I went and drove one. I was hooked. It was gorgeous and different on the outside. Driving made me feel something powerful

Favorite Features

The drive. It makes me feel sturdy, stable, and intensely powerful. It's kind of an aphrodisiac. The exterior design. It's a statement of boldness.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is spartan, very spartan. It could have been a lot more refined. The seats could have used better leather like you'd see in, yes, Lexus or BMW.

I love it !
By TomD

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my '08 in mid December in NY and drove it home to South Texas as an early Christmas gift to myself! Great price (15k discount) and great car. Very solid machine and inspires confidence. Everything works as it should and I am very, very happpy with purchase. Average gas mileage on 1750 mile trip was 25.3 mpg, nearly all interstate. Make sure your bill of sale says new! I see some new ones for sale (by Chrysler dealers) as used, even with only 10 mi. on the odometer, to avoid the lifetime powertrain warranty to the original owner. Be careful!

Favorite Features

Looks, distinctive styling, solid construction. Mostly Mercedes components. Rare in this area. Expect low depreciation after first 4 years. (My poor condition 1981 Delorean is worth more than I paid for it; not nearly as good a car as the crossfire.) Look at prices of 2003 Thunderbirds.

Suggested Improvements

N/A since 2008 was last year. However, long doors make parking in tight spaces difficult to impossible. Blind spots are bad; I added 2" convex mirrors to both outside mirrors. 8.5 quart oil capacity will be expensive. Navigator is not good; I use my window mount Garmin instead.

Absolutely Love it!
By Andrea

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for something sexy to replace my Jeep Liberty and certainly found it in the Crossfire. It's gorgeous, fun, and gets much better gas mileage. Of course, it helped that the dealership knocked $12K off the list to sell it...and yes, it was brand new! Is it worth the list of $37K? No and that's why they're discontinuing them. But, for $25K? Absolutely!

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

MP3 stereo would have been nice, but this is the last year for the Crossfire.