2008 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
Great Handling Car
By sportcarman12 on 03/17/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

we bought our Chrysler Crossfire Limited convertible in december 2010. I was amazed by the looks of the car & was impressed with the prefromance & handling. So far we have had no problems with the car but we change the oil every 3 thousand miles and you get better preformance if you use the best oil you can find. Yes on road trips the tires are loud but that doesnt matter because everything else about the car comprimises for the loud tires. we launch from 0-60 im 5.6 seconds & the breaking on the car is just amazing. Those of you who are looking for a very good sports car for a low price this would be the car for you. You can get the srt-6 used for 22k or get the regular for 15k-25k.

Identity crisis
By Crossfireowner on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This german mutt has lost its identity in exchange for economy and American drivability. All sport car compromises for just some of the fun. PROS: -Grin inducing sticky turns. Almost no body roll. -Styling is great to "tragically unique" -Bulletproof Mercedes parts. -Sporty suspension might be a con to some, a definite pro to me. CONS: -Tire noise from it's $220 (!) huge rear tires is understandable. Wind noise and plastic creaking from its cheap interior is not. -Steering is numb, pedals are squishy. -Impossible in rough weather. -Standard coupe compromises, trunk, leg room, ect. -6.5sec to 60MPH is just okay. -Blind spots are workable, but still there.

Personal Bang for the Buck
By Bob out West on 09/16/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes chasis (albeit older) and handbuilt coachwork with more art in its tail than 99% of the entirety of other cars on the road. This is entirely impossible for less than $50k, let alone the price at under $25k. My history includes a Jag, Tiger, Jensen, X 1/9, 2 Mustangs, CRT (manual) and more, and the fun/comfort quotient on this ride dwarfs them all. Some say that this is more of a boulivardier than a sports car, but it is rock solid, planted like an oak on the road, and goes like scat. Blind spot and rear view sounds bad, but after 1k driving it becomes second nature and unannoying. Cup holder is less than useless, Nav and radio both hopelessly outdated.

A Fun to Drive Car
By Richard on 08/24/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a 2-seat convertible and my wife and I chose the Crossfire. We bought this car new in March 2008. Sticker was 41,500, we got it for 32,000 total (tax, title, etc.) and are very happy with the car. The best feature of the car is the styling - very unique. I get positive comments most everywhere I go. Have a bad day at work? Do as my wife and I - drop the top, go for a ride in the country and you'll be smiling. This car is comfy for a short wheelbase, 2-seater, the seats too. I plan to keep this car for a long time, as is my custom. If you own a Crossfire, join the Crossfire International Car Club Inc. (Google CICCI) - you won't regret it.

So Far So Good
By Bobbylew on 08/21/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am very happy with my car. It handles great and so far is quite dependable. Watch out for the trunk lid. I made the mistake of leaving it half way closed after getting something out of the trunk and I wound up killing the battery. When I purchased the car the one key didn't work. The dealership had to get the replacement from Mersedes and they told me it would have cost me $150. for me to buy one if it wasn't under warranty if say I lost mine. I haven't had any other problems so far.

An Enthusiast's Vehicle
By Mike on 07/15/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've never driven a "sports car" in my life. I felt the need and felt I'd be too claustrophobic for it. I've been driving SUVs for the past 15 yrs and felt no reason to switch. As a likely symptom of my midlife crisis (??), I found myself wanting a new car. Not just any car. I wanted a different car -- in a true sense of the word. I didn't want a Lexus or BMW. I was quite smitten with the look of the Infinite FX35. It was different and cool. I drove one. I was completed deflated. It was a boring ride. Then, I saw Crossfire. I felt stimulated and intrigued. I went and drove one. I was hooked. It was gorgeous and different on the outside. Driving made me feel something powerful

No Comparison Anywhere...
By M.Heiden on 04/06/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is "proof" positive of how over rated Toyota and Lexus are. This car looks great, drives great and was more than reasonable to purchase. I refuse to drink the Kool Aid and believe that everything from Japan is great... This is my second one, a 2005 coupe and now a convertible. My last Corvette almost rattled my teeth out of my head, and my kidneys still don't work properly. I think I'll buy one more and leave it in garage for when these wear out at 200k...

I love it !
By TomD on 01/19/09 12:56 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my '08 in mid December in NY and drove it home to South Texas as an early Christmas gift to myself! Great price (15k discount) and great car. Very solid machine and inspires confidence. Everything works as it should and I am very, very happpy with purchase. Average gas mileage on 1750 mile trip was 25.3 mpg, nearly all interstate. Make sure your bill of sale says new! I see some new ones for sale (by Chrysler dealers) as used, even with only 10 mi. on the odometer, to avoid the lifetime powertrain warranty to the original owner. Be careful!

Love it
By Orlando Realtor on 12/05/08 16:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Had to downsize from a 06 Vette, (times are tough for realtors) Love my new Crossfire which I bought for 22k with only 1200 miles. Spoiled as I am from the Vette I truly lo the styling. Everyone in the office said they liked it better than the Vette, looks like my bosses 500SLK without the price, test drove one of those too and still decided on a Crossfire. Haven't tried the navigation yet and miss it from the Vette. Seats stink comparably, however with a lumbar pillow I suffice. Flawless power top although it's slow. Decent stereo for the price. Good pickup even if its not lightning fast. Stupid cool active spoiler makes people look. Love the side fins! Half the payment of the Vette so I'm very happy

Fun to Drive
By Len on 11/26/08 07:39 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle new some 10 months ago. I use this car exclusively for pleasure driving and consequently have less than 3,000 miles on it. The car handles well and is fun to drive on back roads. It lacks raw power and is not a head-jerker off the line. The auto transmission is slow to shift. I don't regret buying this car but would buy a Vette if I had it to do over again. But the price difference between the Crossfire and Vette is steep - I believe the Crossfire is a better value for the buck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.