Used 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Crossfire

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Perfect
By David

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

2008 Bright Silver Automatic/Nav.
Built the last week of production.....paid less than 1/2 sticker price brand new in January 2009. Flawless after 7 years / 29,000 miles. Best buy of my life.....with possible exception of the $399.99 55 inch 4K TV I bought recently that came with a 4 year factory warranty.

Great Handling Car
By sportcarman12

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

we bought our Chrysler Crossfire Limited convertible in december 2010. I was amazed by the looks of the car & was impressed with the prefromance & handling. So far we have had no problems with the car but we change the oil every 3 thousand miles and you get better preformance if you use the best oil you can find. Yes on road trips the tires are loud but that doesnt matter because everything else about the car comprimises for the loud tires. we launch from 0-60 im 5.6 seconds & the breaking on the car is just amazing. Those of you who are looking for a very good sports car for a low price this would be the car for you. You can get the srt-6 used for 22k or get the regular for 15k-25k.

Convertible top, exterior desgin, car preformance, and the trill of driving this car.

none that i can think of.

Identity crisis
By Crossfireowner

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This german mutt has lost its identity in exchange for economy and American drivability. All sport car compromises for just some of the fun. PROS: -Grin inducing sticky turns. Almost no body roll. -Styling is great to "tragically unique" -Bulletproof Mercedes parts. -Sporty suspension might be a con to some, a definite pro to me. CONS: -Tire noise from it's $220 (!) huge rear tires is understandable. Wind noise and plastic creaking from its cheap interior is not. -Steering is numb, pedals are squishy. -Impossible in rough weather. -Standard coupe compromises, trunk, leg room, ect. -6.5sec to 60MPH is just okay. -Blind spots are workable, but still there.

Bought mine with 30k miles for 15 grand. What else are you going to get at that price? But does that automatically make it a perfect 10/10? Get real.

Fix the numb steering and squishy pedals and we're getting somewhere great. As it stands this is a good car that's great for the price, but definitely not a great car. My advice is to ignore the 10/10 reviews with complaints of cup holders if you're looking for a "drivers car".

Personal Bang for the Buck
By Bob out West

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes chasis (albeit older) and handbuilt coachwork with more art in its tail than 99% of the entirety of other cars on the road. This is entirely impossible for less than $50k, let alone the price at under $25k. My history includes a Jag, Tiger, Jensen, X 1/9, 2 Mustangs, CRT (manual) and more, and the fun/comfort quotient on this ride dwarfs them all. Some say that this is more of a boulivardier than a sports car, but it is rock solid, planted like an oak on the road, and goes like scat. Blind spot and rear view sounds bad, but after 1k driving it becomes second nature and unannoying. Cup holder is less than useless, Nav and radio both hopelessly outdated.

Go-kart feel. Seating position once settled. Style. Buy this car if you're 19 inside and a late boomer on the outside. Creature comforts are fine, but more 90's than naughts.

N/A. Although I made some of my own. Discreet low side stripe and upgraded head unit (radio).

A Fun to Drive Car
By Richard

2008 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've always wanted a 2-seat convertible and my wife and I chose the Crossfire. We bought this car new in March 2008. Sticker was 41,500, we got it for 32,000 total (tax, title, etc.) and are very happy with the car. The best feature of the car is the styling - very unique. I get positive comments most everywhere I go. Have a bad day at work? Do as my wife and I - drop the top, go for a ride in the country and you'll be smiling. This car is comfy for a short wheelbase, 2-seater, the seats too. I plan to keep this car for a long time, as is my custom. If you own a Crossfire, join the Crossfire International Car Club Inc. (Google CICCI) - you won't regret it.

The styling, convertible top, 2-tone interior, flip-up spoiler and the Mercedes engine, transmission, suspension, etc. underneath the Chrysler-designed body.

The cupholder is nearly useless, a few too many plain plastic parts (such as the door lock posts) that are out of place in a $35,000 car.