Used 2007 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Crossfire

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

After almost 2 years; still excited
By Old Dude

2007 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love: 1. That I can smoke those little Mitsubishi's and VW's at redlights, 2. that I can consistantly get 26-27MPG when driving 80-90 on the highway, 3. that I can put the top down without getting out of the car, 4. that I can take corners at 80 that my Jeep can only take at 50-60, 5. that my wife can't pack 400lbs of clothes when we go on a trip & she is OK with that. Most Importantly, I love that after almost 2 years, I still get excited just looking at it. I my wife and I had to choose between each other or the car, we'd both take the car and I love my wife of 28 years.

Favorite Features

The most important feature for me is it's accelleration and speed. I don't push it anymore but love knowing that I could if I wanted to.

Suggested Improvements

I just had to replace the tires after only 23,000 miles. Hate that but I know the tires are partially responsible for it's performance. I wish it had a more luxurous interrior. Cup holders? Who needs cupholders. You shouldn't be eating or drinking in the wonderful vehicle.

Good Times
By Steve

2007 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car at one of my company's auctions. It has been a great car. Very fun to drive. Edmunds talks about the lack of power. But this car really has plenty of pep. The car is solid compared to the Solstice and Sky models. In addition, the car has far more features than the GM and most of the other import convertibles. You can't beat the price of a used Crossfire. Bang for the buck, it is the best two seater on the market.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Poor gas mileage.

2007 Crosfire Roadster
By James

2007 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Only had my 2007 Roadster a few months now but it's been a blast to drive, holds the road like glue and very good power. I have the auto with paddle shifter and like it very much, much better than clunky stick and clutch. Only one small problem, I get battery rundown occasionly when I leave the interior lights on auto. Not sure whats going on there, have to get it in before the warranty exp. Other than that, no probelems and a very good value with the big discounts being offered. Purchased for $19M with 6000 miles.

Favorite Features

I like the V6 power, handling it great and that power convertible top is a blast to operate.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo system and speakers would have been nice.

XF - eXtreamly Fantastic
By erzer

2007 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

A highly under rated car by many people simply because of the Chrysler name. This car handles very well in the curves and with the auto shifter, it's very easy to downshift when needed. Average MPG is 25 highway mostly. This is my daily driver, but stock tires (Conti's) are not good on any snow, wet driving is good; you'll need better tires if driving in winter conditions;rims are staggered but you can go with staggered tires if you can find the right ones. Costs for avg buyers to think about - high profile tires, premium fuel, 100% synthetic oil (only change every 7k). Overall, this car is worth the money and I'd say undervalued.

Favorite Features

Convertible top is obviously the best feature as it is all done from within the drivers seat. Style is fantastic and always a head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Low profile tire are great for Spring - Fall driving, but not Winter; identified alternate rims & tire sizes is needed. Better stock tires with alternate rim/tire sizes are needed for non 100% aggressive drivers.

Best car for the money
By Len

2007 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Hatchback (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my '07 limited for $19k with 2000 miles in April 2008. I like it because it is a great balance between comfort and performance, and for the money I didn't consider anything else. It is fun to drive, good on gas, maneuverable and relatively quick. I am 6'2" and fit comfortably in it, the seats are supportive yet the matte orangy-brown leather is soft on the back. I drove the car on a 4 hour trip through NYC traffic and was comfortable the whole time. I could not imagine having the car automatic, but don't get along with the shifter sometimes.

Favorite Features

Quality of leather seats and feel of controls (aside from shifter.. sometimes) handling, sound of engine with magnaflow exhaust, exterior and interior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is awkward at times, missing/ grinding gears in result. Could use 40 or so more HP, traction control should be able to be fully disabled, limited slip differential.