Used 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

2006 Crossfire
By shypoke

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car for a two seater. Get a seat cushion for long trips if your back end is bony like mine. Use high-heel gel pads for your elbows (at the obvious places). I looked at lots of this type of car... wouldn't have anything else.

Favorite Features

The pop-up airfoil is too cute. It has a great line.

Suggested Improvements

Sorry to see them stop building them.

Kim's dream realized
By Kim's dream

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I began my quest for a sports car in the fall of 07 and was sold and ready to buy a Saturn Sky when a friend suggested that I give the Crossfire a try Thank God for suggestions, the car is such a great ride. Driving this car is like becoming part of the vehicle, you become one with the seat and thus the car itself. I am so glad I found this vehicle. The car is a brand new 2006 with 13 miles on it and I have only had it for 2 weeks but the car is sexy, curvy,sleek and so retro in design. I love this car and I absolutely love driving it. It is a true head turner. Thanks for the dream come true.

Favorite Features

Manual six speed transmission, heated power seats, so nice on the cool mornings Sexy, cocky, look of the exterior design great lighting design Crossfire gear is very nice plus for travel Thanks Chrysler.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of the dash/console, maybe use same brushed metal as in the door handles for the console or wood grain type material,but really needs dash upgrade current one is cheap looking

Love this eyecatcher
By Michele

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to drive and absolutely beautiful to look at. I feel like a million bucks behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

The exterior is gorgeous, and I like the retractable wing.

Suggested Improvements

None. Expect a smaller car and no expectation will not be met.

A supercar for most folks
By Johnnie Mack

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Coming up on a year with this car, and have had nothing but good experiences. No glitches, just a nice commuter vehicle for my wife and I. Very nimble, and fast enough to suit me-the numbers suggest it will accelerate as fast as my old '89 Trans Am, but I'm out of the "rat race". Tires are still in very good shape, and just 2 oil changes for maintenance. A few negs-the seat is probably better in the Limited model, so maybe a retro fit is in order-this one generates complaints from my lovely wife of 31 years. And the radio is annoying. As we know now, the car has been killed by the new Chrysler. I guess a notchback version with a removeable window is out of the questions now, eh?

Favorite Features

The "countdown to service" indicator takes the guesswork out of wondering when to change the 8 quarts of oil in this crankcase-a great feature for aging codgers like myself.

Suggested Improvements

A better seat, a better radio, standard fog lights and TPMS

What a deal
By rampage

2006 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this on a whim when I was looking for a Mazda 3 wagon a year ago. The $19k price tag was a deal maker. Driving it is a treat and I'm still impressed with its handling, braking and looks. The 6 speed manual taps the power in the engine efficiently and it feels great to be pressed back into the seat upon acceleration. The only drawback is that is does not go up icy hills well so it's garaged when it snows. My 6'3" tall husband cannot strech his legs out straight, but he is very willing to make the sacrafice. Cargo area is plentiful for everyday and weekend jaunts. I swore I would never own a Chrysler product but this is the best car I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling on winding roads, and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

A cup holder, better buttons