2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
Love It
By xfiretampa on 12/18/07 06:59 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

It was my dream car and luckily I was patient & was able to purchase exactly what I wanted! Very fun car to drive. People can't keep their eyes off of it. Hopefully will upgrade to the SRT in a couple of years!

SRT 6
By WP4KTF on 11/24/07 21:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I just got, so am unable to be thorough...but, I am enchanted with this vehicle. Its looks are fantastic, its handling is magnificient and its power...ahhhh, my goodness, it reminds me of my old ragtop 5.0 GT Mustang. However, with 48 year old ankles, I never wanted a stick version of a vehicle, so this "AutoStick only" is just fine with me. The sound system is superb and the 18-19 tires command attention. Needless to say the sleek and paint job have turned some heads already and the whale tail makes me feel like a proud Jonah! The mileage is better than my old Ranger. Blind spots? I don't intend to be driving this vehicle in reverse, so I know I will be just fine. More on it, later

It's underated by many
By bla178 on 11/24/07 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My dad owns this car, and I've become a big fan of it. A lot of people down the Crossfire because of its 215 hp as opposed to the 350z's 300hp. It also loses in its 0-60 time about around .5 seconds or less. I blame this on the very poor first gear of the car, it's week and short. But other than that all of the other gears feel torquey and strong...and with the good suspension and huge tires think twice before you down this car. People also fail to realize it has more torque than it does hourses, unlike most other 6cl cars. It takes some bumps hard but the seats are comfortable and the sound system and toys are also really good. I also very much like the exterior design.

A fun little car
By Michael on 11/20/07 04:53 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This is a 2 seater that can really turn heads. The lines are clean and the style is fresh. The car is quick off the line and can reach its electronically limited speed quickly. The brakes are exceptional and transmission flawless. If you are taller then 5'8" and portly look out, the cabin is tight and leg room limited. But when you want some fun, disengage the traction control and grab some throttle.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
By roman on 11/19/07 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Nice car, fun to drive. Great fuel economy for a v6. Oil changes cost a lot and premium fuel required. Handling is awesome and great safety features like ESP TMS BAS.

I love My Crossfire
By denisehrh on 11/17/07 23:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Beautiful car. Get complements every day. Hate the front wheel brake dust and cup holder. Other then that its the perfect fun, happy car. My yellow one is just gorgeous.

A better looking MB-SLK!
By wyrfox on 11/16/07 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After careful looking and research, the option of getting MB's engineering and Chrysler's art deco styling was too compelling. I found my Xfire on Craiglist and it was love at first sight. The car is fun to drive, gets great milage (27-29 HWY) and as the Caddy ads say, "the car returns the favor!" Bit of warning, the dealerships are flakey with only a few Xfire trained techs, but the private MB folks around will understand every aspect of the car. An Mopar will sell parts to anyone.

Rare Rag Top
By pa69reg on 11/08/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This is one of those cars that will be an eye catcher for a long time. The SRT- 6 Roadster is one of the coolest cars that you will ever see, if you will see one at all. Only 928 SRT-6 Roadsters were built world-wide in one year only. This gem of a sportscar is just what I needed. It runs and handles great. The stiff ride is part of the high performance package. So if you need a softer ride, buy the base or limited model. The sticker states that this car has 90% German parts, all Mercedes. Great car for sure. It will only see sunny days.

Dream Car
By DREAM SRT-6 on 08/03/07 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I love the get and go of the car. Sometimes I have to stop myself from taking off too fast. The handling is great but the ride is kind of rough with the stiff suspension. The interior could use a lot of upgrades for the price you pay for the SRT-6.

Crossfire on target!
By crosshair on 07/29/07 22:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car is all premium, feels and drives like a luxury car. If you want a fun car to drive and only drive you won't be wrong with this one. Very unique gets a lot of attention too. If you are looking to buy one, don't buy it, don't wanna a see too many on the road.