2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
Rare and beautiful
By Kenneth Hausmann on 04/16/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I have had 56 cars, and this is my favorite. Beautiful, very luxurious, faster than a Mustang, great buy at 22k with 26k miles. Gas mileage is good for this kind of performance. Great stereo, comfortable seats. handles flawlessly, quiet with the top up. This is a rare car, for every one of these there are literally 1,100 1965 and 1966 Mustangs. I have never seen another one on the road. I think these will probably become valuable later on.

SRT is a sleeper
By Garr on 04/11/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Crossfire SRT - Awesome. Just change the pulley right in front, increase the air flow a bit, hook it up to a laptop to change a few parameters and you'll be pushing 390 horses and 200 mph in a flash. And the car will handle like its doing 50 mph. That's 4.8, 0 -60. Low 13's in the quarter. So for around $1,500.00 for software mods, parts and labor you're running in a class with Porsche, Maserratti and Aston martins and you're looking' better than the Porsche. That's not a bad deal.

Crossfire Crazy
By Taylor on 04/06/08 05:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Handles great. Easy to open doors. We were able to purchase an extended warranty that was relatively inexpensive. When we drive this it is an eye-catcher. It is different from the other cars in the school parking lot. Just what we wanted.

Answer to My 2nd Midlife Crisis
By Jane Suozzi on 04/03/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. I hunted the car down through my local dealer in late Fall, received the car in early winter and had the top down the first night. I love that it is 80% Mercedes. It has been VERY reliable. Every day, someone comments about the car...at the bank...in a parking lot...every where. This car is a hoot! I'm 51 years old and have had a MGB convertible, Corvair convertible (as a teenager), and an Eclipse. This car has them all beat! A total escape! Best of all, it's royal blue - the best color the car was made in. I'm thrilled, as well, that they will not be made anymore. I consider it a collector's item.

fun fun fun
By pedals down on 03/30/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Car has been a blast to drive, get compliments all the time. And for what you pay for these now there is no comparison. Great car!

Power plus beauty
By Richard on 03/22/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Love it, very happy with the car. I move the passenger seat forward to give myself more visibility, and carefully tune the right hand outside mirror to give maximum view. The ride is "firm", but on the message boards, several have recommended Koni adjustable shocks as the solution.

Excellent
By Daisy on 03/20/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great riding car, I have driven 280 miles since I purchased the car five day ago, and I still have 1/2 tank of gas.

AMG Punch with the Crossfire Charm
By pcrs29 on 03/17/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I've owned my Crossfire SRT-6 coupe for a little over a year and this is a great car. It's fast, it's elegant, and it's a head turner almost everywhere I go with it. My only gripe with the car is that it was only available as a 5-speed automatic with AutoStick. I feel that a manufacturer of a true sports car would give buyers the option of purchasing such a car with a manual transmission primarily, and possibly offering an automatic transmission. Unfortunately because this is an Mercedes-Benz AMG at heart, it is only offered as an automatic. Otherwise, the car is a blast to drive and definitely a conversion starter. I would recommend getting one!

A great AMG vehicle
By srt6ragtop on 01/31/08 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The SRT-6 Roadster is a great sports car from top to bottom. To aquire a AMG Mercedes built car like this for under $30,000 is a steal. You can just feel the quality. This SRT-6 will only be out on nice days and has never seen rain. This one is a keeper.

They don't know how good it is!
By dejohnny on 12/18/07 08:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Hands down, this is the best car I've owned. AMG tuning and Chrysler styling, what a combination! The car is just awsome.