Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Fun!
By CrossfireChick

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've been wanting a convertible for a while. I was waiting to buy my Corvette but this car caught my eye. It's sexy, fun and incredible to drive. I love the stares as I'm driving or parked. On warm sunny FL days, going topless (the car, not me) is incredible. Super fun! Hope to keep this car for a long time.

Favorite Features

Just about everything.

Suggested Improvements

I doubt this car will be made again, but would have loved to have adjustable pedals. I'm only 5'2" and I have to sit very close to reach. Pedal extenders will have to do for now.

Fun Ride
By head turner

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive, but expensive to own. Tires don't last long and are very expensive as are the oil changes. My daily commute is 120 miles round trip. Have owned for less than a year and now need lifters and rockers replaced at only 53,000. Hoping that the dealership has a qualified and experienced tech to do the job. Still under warranty -- thank goodness!

Favorite Features

Head turner for sure! Love the performance and mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Less noise from blower motor, better materials for rear cargo cover, aux input jacks for stereo, rear speakers.

MY TOY
By RON

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this just for a summer toy. It's a blast to drvie and I get (nice car) everytime I'm out. People always stop to stare. I have got over 30mpg at times. It has only has 16000 miles on it and not one problem. It rides a little rough but we don't have the best roads in Ohio. The 19" wheels and low pro tires makes cornering fantastic. The interior is a little tight but I'm 6ft and 215 lbs. Probably a little large for any two seater. But it was affordable and with the top down,it's just as desirable as any other 2-seat sports car out there.

Favorite Features

Performance and handling.

Vehicular Prozac
By KimPossible

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the perfect second car for anyone unless you have knee problems (in which case you shouldn't be getting into ANY sports car). I know a lot of people who also use them as a daily driver, but I don't trust the other people on the roads enough. This is a head turner .... I get so many stares that it is almost embarrassing. Right after I got it, I walked out of a take out place to see a group of people gathered around my car. My heart plummeted - I was sure it had been hit. As it turns out, a crowd of people just wanted to stand around a look at it. That will make you smile every day.

Favorite Features

I love the lines of the vehicle, how solid it sounds when you close the doors and how freaking cool the top is going down.

Suggested Improvements

My only improvement would be to start making them again!!!

great car
By vegas

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

have had 2 corvettes . they may be quicker but no where near the quality of this crossfire . get fantastic mileage on the hwy and around town . this was chryslers hidden secret . what do you need more speed for this is the usa no audoban here . very cofortable and very quick . didn't have to pay over 40 thou to pass everything except a gas station .really fun car will keep minr forever until it becomes a collector . then you can all eat your heart out . no need for more speed her have more than enough . chrysler should make more of these

Favorite Features

looks quality of build handeling comfort ride the whole package

Suggested Improvements

not a one deal with what you get it is great