Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews - 297 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Better late for a Roadster than never
By CoronaCATom

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I was about 20 I wanted a Triumph TR6 baaad, but couldn't swing it-and thank god since they were so unreliable. 30+ years later I finally have my roadster, and what a fun piece of machinery! About a week ago I found a clean 2005 example with 26K miles for $16K. It is smooth, well-balanced, fast enough, and purrs like the old Triumphs-as least from my memory! I share it with my wife (have to decide between it and a MB CLK500...a tough choice let me tell you!). The styling is so distinctive, and the chassis is solid enough for fast curves, yet the ride is actually quite smooth overall. If you are considering a Mercedes SLK, try out a used Crossfire. It is its fraternal twin for less $$$.

The exhaust note is heavenly, and the auto-stick transmission provides the best of both worlds. Surprising comfort for my 5-9, 245 lb frame (sorry ladies, I'm taken).

The cup hol-wait...I didn't but this car for its cup holder!

Lemon
By Sue Martinez

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Purchased new 07/06. Two months ago transmission seals had to be replaced, but it was under warranty which expired 07/06/09. 08/06/09 @ 26,000 miles key did not work, AAA could not start the car and it was towed in - "brain" dead and a lobotomy required. As warranty had run out I was quoted total of $4700 for computer replacement. It took a week to get the parts, and now Chrysler's computer system is down so it can't be programmed. Also being charged $190 for second key. Good news is that now it is partially covered by warranty but my cost is still over $1500. Not happy.

Fun to drive, very spontaneous.

Love My Crossfire Convertible
By Crossfire Lover

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my drive home from the Dealership in August 2004, I still love my Crossfire. I got the Pearlcoat Yellow exterior color with black leather seating. When driving on City streets or the Highway, I still get thumbs up from other drivers. The Mercedes engine gives it wonderful power and "super get up and gone". The Mercedes suspension handling is first-class and the ride is always a thrill. Lots of sensors, 3 braking systems, 18 and 19 inch tires, beautiful looking engine and a sexy as heck exterior design. And with all that, it is a totally fun car to drive. Try one and see.

Mercedes engine and suspension. Exterior design. the Pearlcoat Yellow color is like no other. And on the highway, top down, crank up the CD player as loud as you want. Mama, that's driving.

Get rid of the run-flat tires. Rough hard ride, I did not like it. I switched to Michelin tires. Smooth.

Fun!
By CrossfireChick

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've been wanting a convertible for a while. I was waiting to buy my Corvette but this car caught my eye. It's sexy, fun and incredible to drive. I love the stares as I'm driving or parked. On warm sunny FL days, going topless (the car, not me) is incredible. Super fun! Hope to keep this car for a long time.

Just about everything.

I doubt this car will be made again, but would have loved to have adjustable pedals. I'm only 5'2" and I have to sit very close to reach. Pedal extenders will have to do for now.

Fun Ride
By head turner

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive, but expensive to own. Tires don't last long and are very expensive as are the oil changes. My daily commute is 120 miles round trip. Have owned for less than a year and now need lifters and rockers replaced at only 53,000. Hoping that the dealership has a qualified and experienced tech to do the job. Still under warranty -- thank goodness!

Head turner for sure! Love the performance and mileage.

Less noise from blower motor, better materials for rear cargo cover, aux input jacks for stereo, rear speakers.