Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Crossfire

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Always A Conversation to be Had.
By jbjtkbw00

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

What can I say? I LOVE this car. Quick, nimble, and looks that evoke countless "Nice Car" responses from people of all ages. Not the fastest nor the cheapest of the pack, but it's the one that stands out from the pack in terms of styling alone. Sound system is great. Sounds even better with an aftermarket stereo system and NO distortion at all. Engine is smooth and seats are very comfortable. I'm 5' 3" and have no issues with seating other than the occasional knee room issue if too close. All controls are within reach. Dash is uncluttered and all knobs are simple to use. WARNING...if you don't like conversation, this is NOT the car for you. I would buy this car again (this time a roadster)!

Favorite Features

Speedy and nimble. Acceleration is brisk. Love the looks from everyone. I feel as if I have an exotic from the way people gawk. Nice to be 'unique' in a sea of 2-seater sports cars.

Suggested Improvements

Low end torque, better pricing, more ponies possibly.

Beautiful Banana
By gebauer

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Our little yellow Crossfire convertible is a joy, in every way. A couple of additional inches between the seat back and rear of driver's cockpit would help taller drivers with entry, and we wish they had improved the ratios a bit for first and second gears (it took a couple of months to learn best rpm's to shift to next higher gear), but other than that, the we wouldn't change anything.

who needs a girlfriend.
By Big Dave

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

the first time i saw this beuaty i had to have one,and that is before i drove it.when i did drive it,i loved it even more great handleing and performance,and the looks you get while driving it.i am a tall guy 6/2 its tough to get in but once your in it is very comfortable.i think in time this car will be a classic,my previous car was a 1987 corvette convertible in my opinion the vette may have been faster but i,ll take my black coupe anyday.like the title says who needs a girlfriend im in love with my car, the design on this soon to be classic isno less than awesome.

Favorite Features

the styling and overall look of the car ,and the touch of mercedes.the 6 speed trans is cool and gets you where you need to go quickly.

Suggested Improvements

a little more horsepower could do,but other than that nothing.i know people may say more room,if they want more room go and buy a 300. this is a 2 seat luxury sports car. don't change a thing.

One of the chosen few...
By Lonnie

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted to own a Crossfire form the first time I saw one. Detroit, this is what Americans want! Event hough the car is on a Benz chassis, one look screams american. The sloped boat tail with the huge rear fenders look like a body builders sholders. The long nose and grooved hood is the cooless! The spine that follows the entire length fo the car (inside & out) is just like the early Stingray, minus the split window. I am a young hard working man, and when I am behind the wheel and middle aged men in Porsches & Benz's give me the thumbs up, I feel like a menber of the "club". Thank you, Chrysler, for this wondeful car.

Favorite Features

This 2 seater will hold 2 sets of golf clubs, and a weekends luggage! Overall performance is a perfect balance. Dual zone climate control in a 2 seater, hats off! How did the engineers get so much interior space in such a small car? Must be alien technology... Overall cool factor is off the chart.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need wider bolsters, gets a little cramped. European design cup holder has to go. Reverse is an act of blind faith, rear visibility is non- existant. The cd player will not read mp3 format.

My Crossfire
By riley34

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After approx 4k miles I can say that I am very happy that I purchased this car. The features are great, the ride is styling and the value is unbeatable. A couple of minor items are 1 or 2 more DC connections, radio could be more straightforward to use and a Sirius option would be nice, a spare or ride flat tires and finally some better after market stuff from MOPAR.