Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

It's new and we LOVE it!
By MrsKeller

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My husband and I just bought this, our first 'shared' car, on Saturday morning, 9/18/10. He wanted a Crossfire since he moved in with me in - 2005 - the same year as the car. We absolutely LOVE it! We got black with a black roof with the two tone gray leather interior and it is so slick looking. Kids on bikes yell, "NICE CAR!" when we drive by. Old men stare at it when we are at a stop sign. The first thing I noticed when I drove it was how tight the steering was. Then I noticed how the car really clings to the road - it is amazing. I have no complaints although we've only owned it for 3 whole days :-) I feel like a superstar when I'm driving it!

My favorite feature is the look of it. The back end is wide and real low looking - very tough like. Another favorite feature is that wing that pops up! And, of course the convertible roof!

A suggested improvement would be a more substantial cup holder (nervous to put anything in it). Also, some iPhone integration would be nice. And, I feel like there is hardly any room for my purse - just needs a little more space up front. And, I've written off the trunk-maybe fits 1 suitcase?

SRT-6 - Muscle Crusher
By Tommy

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I took my SRT-6 (no modifications) to the track the other night at my nephew's request. He owns a 2009 Mustang Shelby. Pure V8 muscle. Long story short, my quarter mile time was 13.9 at 103 mph. His time was 14.78 @ 94 mph. I also raced a Dodge Challenger SRT-8 and crushed that too. My times were consistent, the SRT-8 ran a 14.6 at 97 mph. There is just pure fun and excitement driving my SRT-6 on or off the track. It looks good, it turns heads. I will admit that I wish there were more interior features like a n MP3 player, but then again it was a 2005 model. I got my SRT-6 for half the price, brand new with only 63 miles. I was in the right place and time and glad I was.

The Looks, Speed and Handling.

For the price, a better stereo system, a far less cumbersome drink holder and more storage space. Better acoustics in the rear to dampen the road noise when it is empty. One last thing, need to work on the rear blind spots, there is little room for error. Recommend back-up sensors.

Fun little guy
By Alex

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my first time i saw i felt in love with it, shopped around and got it finally, once having it it's been fun everytime i get on the wheel, it runs and looks great. I loved the stereo, dropping the top down and running it fast, it has some good handling and acceleration..eh, average. I think you shouldn't own it if you're taller than 5'9 though, because space is limited. Parts are hard to find and expencive.

Engine performance, great handles, stereo, dashboard cluster is cool and looks nice.

cupholder or something like that. More horsepower and interior space.

Incredible car
By Jaybird777

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car has unbelievable power. Power off the line is tremendous, and faster than most other cars on the road. But on the highway, this car is a madman. At 80 mph on the highway, punch it and you better hold on, and that's no exaggeration. It is scary fast. Muscle car fast. Quality is also superb. As other reviewers have stated, the car leaves you with no doubt that it is a high end Mercedes. If you can find one, buy it now- they are silly cheap for what you get. These will be collector's items- there is no doubt in my mind. But, they'll have to wrestle it away from me! Some say the ride is bad- I disagree. It's a sports car. Ride is really pretty great. Worth every dime.

Speed and handling- no question. It will outperform almost every other car on the road. Looks. Convertible top operation. Exceptional quality. FANTASTIC auto tranny that is ALWAYS in the right gear. Beautiful seats.

Lots of them. The cupholder isn't great; needs tilt; better stereo controls; and lots more. But who cares??!! The positives WAY outweigh the slight negatives.

Better late for a Roadster than never
By CoronaCATom

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I was about 20 I wanted a Triumph TR6 baaad, but couldn't swing it-and thank god since they were so unreliable. 30+ years later I finally have my roadster, and what a fun piece of machinery! About a week ago I found a clean 2005 example with 26K miles for $16K. It is smooth, well-balanced, fast enough, and purrs like the old Triumphs-as least from my memory! I share it with my wife (have to decide between it and a MB CLK500...a tough choice let me tell you!). The styling is so distinctive, and the chassis is solid enough for fast curves, yet the ride is actually quite smooth overall. If you are considering a Mercedes SLK, try out a used Crossfire. It is its fraternal twin for less $$$.

The exhaust note is heavenly, and the auto-stick transmission provides the best of both worlds. Surprising comfort for my 5-9, 245 lb frame (sorry ladies, I'm taken).

The cup hol-wait...I didn't but this car for its cup holder!

• SUV