2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
SRT-6 Hands down the hottest Car ever!
By Antonio on 12/28/08 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I actually leased a 2004 Crossfire limited. When I gave it back I actually purchased 2 SRT-6 crossfires because I was so impressed with the 1st one. The SRT-6 crossfires are awesome vehicles. They have the sharpest styling on any car I've ever seen. Chrysler always has great designers. The underspinnings are Daimler, and feel solid and ride with quality. You can't go wrong with these cars. Also with less than 2000 SRT-6 versions made of the coupe and ragtop, they will be worth money someday. I highly recommend this car!

Love my Crossfire
By GGGUY on 12/01/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Crossfire Limited Roadster a few months ago. Car had 13,000 miles and cost 17,600.00 after a little haggling. My old car was a 1997 Mazda Miata. What a difference. The Crossfire looks better, rides better, gets good gas mileage and could blow the doors off the Miata. Can't wait til spring. It's cold and slippery here in the great white north. Crossfires are not winter cars.

Love this car
By James Werstak on 11/29/08 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Crossfire convertible for 3 1/2 years and still love to drive it. The only drawback is first gear on the manual transmission which is way too low. From second gear on up it runs strong. The original Continental tires drum and hum right around 17- 20 mph. and OK after that. I have had them trued and rebalanced which helped for a short while. They will soon be replaced with a different top name manufacturer. Gonna keep cruising with the top down!

A great sports car
By gregtwelve on 07/27/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I bought this car 2 years old with 3000 miles on it for half of the sticker. I was looking at used corvettes. I couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. It out accelerates 99% of the all cars on the road, looks incredible and gets decent gas mileage. I would have preferred a manual transmission but the Mercedes 5 speed tap shift auto is excellent. Handles great. Only downside is a stiff ride over bad pavement. As long as the road is decent it is not an issue. I plan to keep it a long time. I have yet to see another Crossfire srt-6 in over a year of ownership, and have only seen a total of 2 or 3 Crossfires on the road in that time. I love that exclusiveness.

Love it
By Marcellus on 07/04/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had a BMW Z3, which was a blast to drive. The Crossfire is not at the same level as the Z3, but it is great fun, and such an unique design. Definitely NOT just another boring plain vanilla that makes up the bulk of cars on the road. Plus, because the basic chassis & engine is from Mercedes (when they were still married to Chrysler), it drives solid as can be. Wife likes the auto transmission, and I love the fact that I can use it as a manual whenever I want to. And the "trunk" is way bigger than most roadsters out there.

Awesome to drive
By Nancy on 06/23/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car is a blast. I've had it for almost 3 yrs, no major problems. Had to replace the tires as needed - those were pretty pricey. Gas economy is acceptable for it's pickup and speed. I get more compliments on it's appearance. I'm very impressed w/ its storage capacity. I live in Florida and love the a/c system in it...cools down FAST! I was specifically looking for a 2-seater now that the kids are driving and this has been a stellar purchase. In hindsight, I should have gotten the standard shift which would have made it that much more fun to drive. I don't like using the "pseudo-shifting"...I'm just to used to a clutch!!

I Love My Car
By Marilyn on 06/06/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car, looked at it when first came out. I leased a 2005 which is up.They are not leasing anymore must buy 2008 and there is no difference in design from 2005. Looking at the Z's can't bring myself to give up xfire. Yes people still ask what is it? A real head turner. Haven't found another car to knock my socks off. May just keep it. Still turn around and look at it when walking away.

A dream car to drive with ample of power
By California dream car on 05/10/08 00:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I traded in my new 2005 Crossfire convertible limited for the used 2005 SRT-6 with low mileage of 6500 miles. It is well worth it. So much more horse power under the hood, from 215 to 330 hp, bigger brakes that allow me to stop on a dame. Wow, I just can not get enough of it, foot to the floor for 3 seconds and I disappear from the crow. Love to drive it on the freeway every day if possible. However, I choose not to use this wonderful sport car as my daily commute vehicle. I would like to keep my mileage low as if it will be a collectible in the near future. As for my driving habit, I enjoy having the 330 HP when I needed.

Rare and beautiful
By Kenneth Hausmann on 04/16/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I have had 56 cars, and this is my favorite. Beautiful, very luxurious, faster than a Mustang, great buy at 22k with 26k miles. Gas mileage is good for this kind of performance. Great stereo, comfortable seats. handles flawlessly, quiet with the top up. This is a rare car, for every one of these there are literally 1,100 1965 and 1966 Mustangs. I have never seen another one on the road. I think these will probably become valuable later on.

SRT is a sleeper
By Garr on 04/11/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Crossfire SRT - Awesome. Just change the pulley right in front, increase the air flow a bit, hook it up to a laptop to change a few parameters and you'll be pushing 390 horses and 200 mph in a flash. And the car will handle like its doing 50 mph. That's 4.8, 0 -60. Low 13's in the quarter. So for around $1,500.00 for software mods, parts and labor you're running in a class with Porsche, Maserratti and Aston martins and you're looking' better than the Porsche. That's not a bad deal.