Used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Crossfire

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Fun little guy
By Alex

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my first time i saw i felt in love with it, shopped around and got it finally, once having it it's been fun everytime i get on the wheel, it runs and looks great. I loved the stereo, dropping the top down and running it fast, it has some good handling and acceleration..eh, average. I think you shouldn't own it if you're taller than 5'9 though, because space is limited. Parts are hard to find and expencive.

Favorite Features

Engine performance, great handles, stereo, dashboard cluster is cool and looks nice.

Suggested Improvements

cupholder or something like that. More horsepower and interior space.

Incredible car
By Jaybird777

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car has unbelievable power. Power off the line is tremendous, and faster than most other cars on the road. But on the highway, this car is a madman. At 80 mph on the highway, punch it and you better hold on, and that's no exaggeration. It is scary fast. Muscle car fast. Quality is also superb. As other reviewers have stated, the car leaves you with no doubt that it is a high end Mercedes. If you can find one, buy it now- they are silly cheap for what you get. These will be collector's items- there is no doubt in my mind. But, they'll have to wrestle it away from me! Some say the ride is bad- I disagree. It's a sports car. Ride is really pretty great. Worth every dime.

Favorite Features

Speed and handling- no question. It will outperform almost every other car on the road. Looks. Convertible top operation. Exceptional quality. FANTASTIC auto tranny that is ALWAYS in the right gear. Beautiful seats.

Suggested Improvements

Lots of them. The cupholder isn't great; needs tilt; better stereo controls; and lots more. But who cares??!! The positives WAY outweigh the slight negatives.

Better late for a Roadster than never
By CoronaCATom

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I was about 20 I wanted a Triumph TR6 baaad, but couldn't swing it-and thank god since they were so unreliable. 30+ years later I finally have my roadster, and what a fun piece of machinery! About a week ago I found a clean 2005 example with 26K miles for $16K. It is smooth, well-balanced, fast enough, and purrs like the old Triumphs-as least from my memory! I share it with my wife (have to decide between it and a MB CLK500...a tough choice let me tell you!). The styling is so distinctive, and the chassis is solid enough for fast curves, yet the ride is actually quite smooth overall. If you are considering a Mercedes SLK, try out a used Crossfire. It is its fraternal twin for less $$$.

Favorite Features

The exhaust note is heavenly, and the auto-stick transmission provides the best of both worlds. Surprising comfort for my 5-9, 245 lb frame (sorry ladies, I'm taken).

Suggested Improvements

The cup hol-wait...I didn't but this car for its cup holder!

Lemon
By Sue Martinez

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Purchased new 07/06. Two months ago transmission seals had to be replaced, but it was under warranty which expired 07/06/09. 08/06/09 @ 26,000 miles key did not work, AAA could not start the car and it was towed in - "brain" dead and a lobotomy required. As warranty had run out I was quoted total of $4700 for computer replacement. It took a week to get the parts, and now Chrysler's computer system is down so it can't be programmed. Also being charged $190 for second key. Good news is that now it is partially covered by warranty but my cost is still over $1500. Not happy.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, very spontaneous.

Love My Crossfire Convertible
By Crossfire Lover

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my drive home from the Dealership in August 2004, I still love my Crossfire. I got the Pearlcoat Yellow exterior color with black leather seating. When driving on City streets or the Highway, I still get thumbs up from other drivers. The Mercedes engine gives it wonderful power and "super get up and gone". The Mercedes suspension handling is first-class and the ride is always a thrill. Lots of sensors, 3 braking systems, 18 and 19 inch tires, beautiful looking engine and a sexy as heck exterior design. And with all that, it is a totally fun car to drive. Try one and see.

Favorite Features

Mercedes engine and suspension. Exterior design. the Pearlcoat Yellow color is like no other. And on the highway, top down, crank up the CD player as loud as you want. Mama, that's driving.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the run-flat tires. Rough hard ride, I did not like it. I switched to Michelin tires. Smooth.