2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
Better late for a Roadster than never
By CoronaCATom on 08/23/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I was about 20 I wanted a Triumph TR6 baaad, but couldn't swing it-and thank god since they were so unreliable. 30+ years later I finally have my roadster, and what a fun piece of machinery! About a week ago I found a clean 2005 example with 26K miles for $16K. It is smooth, well-balanced, fast enough, and purrs like the old Triumphs-as least from my memory! I share it with my wife (have to decide between it and a MB CLK500...a tough choice let me tell you!). The styling is so distinctive, and the chassis is solid enough for fast curves, yet the ride is actually quite smooth overall. If you are considering a Mercedes SLK, try out a used Crossfire. It is its fraternal twin for less $$$.

Lemon
By Sue Martinez on 08/16/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Purchased new 07/06. Two months ago transmission seals had to be replaced, but it was under warranty which expired 07/06/09. 08/06/09 @ 26,000 miles key did not work, AAA could not start the car and it was towed in - "brain" dead and a lobotomy required. As warranty had run out I was quoted total of $4700 for computer replacement. It took a week to get the parts, and now Chrysler's computer system is down so it can't be programmed. Also being charged $190 for second key. Good news is that now it is partially covered by warranty but my cost is still over $1500. Not happy.

Love My Crossfire Convertible
By Crossfire Lover on 06/30/09 22:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my drive home from the Dealership in August 2004, I still love my Crossfire. I got the Pearlcoat Yellow exterior color with black leather seating. When driving on City streets or the Highway, I still get thumbs up from other drivers. The Mercedes engine gives it wonderful power and "super get up and gone". The Mercedes suspension handling is first-class and the ride is always a thrill. Lots of sensors, 3 braking systems, 18 and 19 inch tires, beautiful looking engine and a sexy as heck exterior design. And with all that, it is a totally fun car to drive. Try one and see.

Fun!
By CrossfireChick on 06/28/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've been wanting a convertible for a while. I was waiting to buy my Corvette but this car caught my eye. It's sexy, fun and incredible to drive. I love the stares as I'm driving or parked. On warm sunny FL days, going topless (the car, not me) is incredible. Super fun! Hope to keep this car for a long time.

Fun Ride
By head turner on 05/12/09 17:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Great car to drive, but expensive to own. Tires don't last long and are very expensive as are the oil changes. My daily commute is 120 miles round trip. Have owned for less than a year and now need lifters and rockers replaced at only 53,000. Hoping that the dealership has a qualified and experienced tech to do the job. Still under warranty -- thank goodness!

MY TOY
By RON on 05/07/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this just for a summer toy. It's a blast to drvie and I get (nice car) everytime I'm out. People always stop to stare. I have got over 30mpg at times. It has only has 16000 miles on it and not one problem. It rides a little rough but we don't have the best roads in Ohio. The 19" wheels and low pro tires makes cornering fantastic. The interior is a little tight but I'm 6ft and 215 lbs. Probably a little large for any two seater. But it was affordable and with the top down,it's just as desirable as any other 2-seat sports car out there.

Vehicular Prozac
By KimPossible on 03/24/09 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the perfect second car for anyone unless you have knee problems (in which case you shouldn't be getting into ANY sports car). I know a lot of people who also use them as a daily driver, but I don't trust the other people on the roads enough. This is a head turner .... I get so many stares that it is almost embarrassing. Right after I got it, I walked out of a take out place to see a group of people gathered around my car. My heart plummeted - I was sure it had been hit. As it turns out, a crowd of people just wanted to stand around a look at it. That will make you smile every day.

great car
By vegas on 03/09/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

have had 2 corvettes . they may be quicker but no where near the quality of this crossfire . get fantastic mileage on the hwy and around town . this was chryslers hidden secret . what do you need more speed for this is the usa no audoban here . very cofortable and very quick . didn't have to pay over 40 thou to pass everything except a gas station .really fun car will keep minr forever until it becomes a collector . then you can all eat your heart out . no need for more speed her have more than enough . chrysler should make more of these

Buyer Beware
By triplefire on 03/01/09 22:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car confidently after reading so many positive reviews. Purchased Certified used from Chrysler with 38400 miles. Love the styling and handling, especially the two tone interior. However, within 2 days, I noticed a VERY annoying rattling coming from the panel behind the seats/ tonneau cover. Within one week the GPS Navigation stopped functioning. Within a week and a half, I found oil leaking from the rear of the car and the lights are dimming and getting brighter while idling. I thought this was supposed to be a CERTIFIED vehicle! Don't be fooled by Chrysler's so-called Certified Used program...

A sportcar at last
By giglia66 on 01/26/09 16:43 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased car in Aug 2008 in new condition. Had 16000 on it. It is graphite gray metallic outside, interior is salmon and gray leather two tone, has designer signed sunvisor from germany, with certification. Just installed two air intake pipes in lieu of regular air filters. Talk about tone and speed it made a tremendous difference. It's awesome, love it. Should have bought something like this years ago but have it now.