2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
05 crossfire roadster
By don266 on 03/21/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

i bought this car last spring. traded in a 04 sebring conv a sharp car it was but the crossfire conv has it beat hands down. this car realy gets looks when me and my wife take rides. i kid with my wife saying what are they looking at it must be the driver, not. color of car is saffire silver, black top, two tone color interior. red and dark gray. realy stand offish. i added a wood grain interior dash kit looks alot better then the silver accsent, candt wait to take it out when the days are warmer. since i store it in winter living here in wisconsin,

Recently purchased ~ Best of all Roadsters
By bienhoababy on 03/15/13 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I'm retired Military and currently own 3 vehicles including an H2 Hummer. I was a pilot so I am used to acceleration. I have also owned a Jag XKE Roadster, Camaro Convertible, Corvette 454 Big Block, Satellite Hemi, etc over the years. This is the best of them all. With power to throw your head back into the head rest from 0 mph or 30 mph or 60 mph, it literally jumps up on all fours from any speed and leaves everyone in the rear view mirror. Mine's Black Clear Coat with Alcantara seats, 5 speed slap shift, Infinity w/Nav, stability control etc., etc. if you want a soon to be Classic, BMW, Audi! Camaro, corvette, mustang EATER, this is your Boy. It won't let you down.

2005 SRT 6 Convertible
By emcl on 06/08/11 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Great car for the money. Can't beat the value or performance. Excellent performance and a real head turner.

It's new and we LOVE it!
By MrsKeller on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My husband and I just bought this, our first 'shared' car, on Saturday morning, 9/18/10. He wanted a Crossfire since he moved in with me in - 2005 - the same year as the car. We absolutely LOVE it! We got black with a black roof with the two tone gray leather interior and it is so slick looking. Kids on bikes yell, "NICE CAR!" when we drive by. Old men stare at it when we are at a stop sign. The first thing I noticed when I drove it was how tight the steering was. Then I noticed how the car really clings to the road - it is amazing. I have no complaints although we've only owned it for 3 whole days :-) I feel like a superstar when I'm driving it!

SRT-6 - Muscle Crusher
By Tommy on 07/03/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I took my SRT-6 (no modifications) to the track the other night at my nephew's request. He owns a 2009 Mustang Shelby. Pure V8 muscle. Long story short, my quarter mile time was 13.9 at 103 mph. His time was 14.78 @ 94 mph. I also raced a Dodge Challenger SRT-8 and crushed that too. My times were consistent, the SRT-8 ran a 14.6 at 97 mph. There is just pure fun and excitement driving my SRT-6 on or off the track. It looks good, it turns heads. I will admit that I wish there were more interior features like a n MP3 player, but then again it was a 2005 model. I got my SRT-6 for half the price, brand new with only 63 miles. I was in the right place and time and glad I was.

Incredible car
By Jaybird777 on 11/11/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car has unbelievable power. Power off the line is tremendous, and faster than most other cars on the road. But on the highway, this car is a madman. At 80 mph on the highway, punch it and you better hold on, and that's no exaggeration. It is scary fast. Muscle car fast. Quality is also superb. As other reviewers have stated, the car leaves you with no doubt that it is a high end Mercedes. If you can find one, buy it now- they are silly cheap for what you get. These will be collector's items- there is no doubt in my mind. But, they'll have to wrestle it away from me! Some say the ride is bad- I disagree. It's a sports car. Ride is really pretty great. Worth every dime.

Lemon
By Sue Martinez on 08/16/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Purchased new 07/06. Two months ago transmission seals had to be replaced, but it was under warranty which expired 07/06/09. 08/06/09 @ 26,000 miles key did not work, AAA could not start the car and it was towed in - "brain" dead and a lobotomy required. As warranty had run out I was quoted total of $4700 for computer replacement. It took a week to get the parts, and now Chrysler's computer system is down so it can't be programmed. Also being charged $190 for second key. Good news is that now it is partially covered by warranty but my cost is still over $1500. Not happy.

SRT-6 Hands down the hottest Car ever!
By Antonio on 12/28/08 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I actually leased a 2004 Crossfire limited. When I gave it back I actually purchased 2 SRT-6 crossfires because I was so impressed with the 1st one. The SRT-6 crossfires are awesome vehicles. They have the sharpest styling on any car I've ever seen. Chrysler always has great designers. The underspinnings are Daimler, and feel solid and ride with quality. You can't go wrong with these cars. Also with less than 2000 SRT-6 versions made of the coupe and ragtop, they will be worth money someday. I highly recommend this car!

A great sports car
By gregtwelve on 07/27/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I bought this car 2 years old with 3000 miles on it for half of the sticker. I was looking at used corvettes. I couldn't be more pleased with the purchase. It out accelerates 99% of the all cars on the road, looks incredible and gets decent gas mileage. I would have preferred a manual transmission but the Mercedes 5 speed tap shift auto is excellent. Handles great. Only downside is a stiff ride over bad pavement. As long as the road is decent it is not an issue. I plan to keep it a long time. I have yet to see another Crossfire srt-6 in over a year of ownership, and have only seen a total of 2 or 3 Crossfires on the road in that time. I love that exclusiveness.

Awesome to drive
By Nancy on 06/23/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car is a blast. I've had it for almost 3 yrs, no major problems. Had to replace the tires as needed - those were pretty pricey. Gas economy is acceptable for it's pickup and speed. I get more compliments on it's appearance. I'm very impressed w/ its storage capacity. I live in Florida and love the a/c system in it...cools down FAST! I was specifically looking for a 2-seater now that the kids are driving and this has been a stellar purchase. In hindsight, I should have gotten the standard shift which would have made it that much more fun to drive. I don't like using the "pseudo-shifting"...I'm just to used to a clutch!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »