2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
Fun and rare, but buyer beware.
By boeroboy on 03/23/11 08:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Basically an affordable variation on the Mercedes SLK. Fun to drive with top down on a nice summer day. Six speed manual is smooth, but could be geared a little better for fuel (gear 6 in the manual is actually lower than gear 5 in the auto for some sad reason). Fuel economy in my experience is 28-34 mpg. Just beware that most "Chrysler" parts in this vehicle are just Mercedes parts with a Chrysler sticker and a massive markup. Remember the Crossfire was a lovechild of Daimler/Chrysler and is no longer made. If you buy one, be sure to join the Crossfire owner club/forum for help since most dealers don't remember what to do for Crossfire service besides take your money.

Highly Reccommend!
By TL on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Not comfortable on long rides but in its defense, it's not a touring vehicle.

Fun little guy
By Alex on 12/01/09 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my first time i saw i felt in love with it, shopped around and got it finally, once having it it's been fun everytime i get on the wheel, it runs and looks great. I loved the stereo, dropping the top down and running it fast, it has some good handling and acceleration..eh, average. I think you shouldn't own it if you're taller than 5'9 though, because space is limited. Parts are hard to find and expencive.

Better late for a Roadster than never
By CoronaCATom on 08/23/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I was about 20 I wanted a Triumph TR6 baaad, but couldn't swing it-and thank god since they were so unreliable. 30+ years later I finally have my roadster, and what a fun piece of machinery! About a week ago I found a clean 2005 example with 26K miles for $16K. It is smooth, well-balanced, fast enough, and purrs like the old Triumphs-as least from my memory! I share it with my wife (have to decide between it and a MB CLK500...a tough choice let me tell you!). The styling is so distinctive, and the chassis is solid enough for fast curves, yet the ride is actually quite smooth overall. If you are considering a Mercedes SLK, try out a used Crossfire. It is its fraternal twin for less $$$.

Love My Crossfire Convertible
By Crossfire Lover on 06/30/09 22:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my drive home from the Dealership in August 2004, I still love my Crossfire. I got the Pearlcoat Yellow exterior color with black leather seating. When driving on City streets or the Highway, I still get thumbs up from other drivers. The Mercedes engine gives it wonderful power and "super get up and gone". The Mercedes suspension handling is first-class and the ride is always a thrill. Lots of sensors, 3 braking systems, 18 and 19 inch tires, beautiful looking engine and a sexy as heck exterior design. And with all that, it is a totally fun car to drive. Try one and see.

Fun!
By CrossfireChick on 06/28/09 07:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've been wanting a convertible for a while. I was waiting to buy my Corvette but this car caught my eye. It's sexy, fun and incredible to drive. I love the stares as I'm driving or parked. On warm sunny FL days, going topless (the car, not me) is incredible. Super fun! Hope to keep this car for a long time.

MY TOY
By RON on 05/07/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this just for a summer toy. It's a blast to drvie and I get (nice car) everytime I'm out. People always stop to stare. I have got over 30mpg at times. It has only has 16000 miles on it and not one problem. It rides a little rough but we don't have the best roads in Ohio. The 19" wheels and low pro tires makes cornering fantastic. The interior is a little tight but I'm 6ft and 215 lbs. Probably a little large for any two seater. But it was affordable and with the top down,it's just as desirable as any other 2-seat sports car out there.

Vehicular Prozac
By KimPossible on 03/24/09 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the perfect second car for anyone unless you have knee problems (in which case you shouldn't be getting into ANY sports car). I know a lot of people who also use them as a daily driver, but I don't trust the other people on the roads enough. This is a head turner .... I get so many stares that it is almost embarrassing. Right after I got it, I walked out of a take out place to see a group of people gathered around my car. My heart plummeted - I was sure it had been hit. As it turns out, a crowd of people just wanted to stand around a look at it. That will make you smile every day.

Buyer Beware
By triplefire on 03/01/09 22:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car confidently after reading so many positive reviews. Purchased Certified used from Chrysler with 38400 miles. Love the styling and handling, especially the two tone interior. However, within 2 days, I noticed a VERY annoying rattling coming from the panel behind the seats/ tonneau cover. Within one week the GPS Navigation stopped functioning. Within a week and a half, I found oil leaking from the rear of the car and the lights are dimming and getting brighter while idling. I thought this was supposed to be a CERTIFIED vehicle! Don't be fooled by Chrysler's so-called Certified Used program...

Love my Crossfire
By GGGUY on 12/01/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Crossfire Limited Roadster a few months ago. Car had 13,000 miles and cost 17,600.00 after a little haggling. My old car was a 1997 Mazda Miata. What a difference. The Crossfire looks better, rides better, gets good gas mileage and could blow the doors off the Miata. Can't wait til spring. It's cold and slippery here in the great white north. Crossfires are not winter cars.