2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
SRT6 - poor mans supercar =)
By crossfire2004 on 10/12/14 23:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I originally owned a standard 2004 crossfire & was impressed with it so much that I traded it in to get not 1 but 2 srt-6's. One ragtop one coupe. The crossfire is an amazing car. It's very solid & drives incredibly. It's also better looking & faster than 95% of the cars on the road. Fit & finish need attention! Rust issues MUST be dealt with. Troubled areas are bottom of the doors (because the weather stripping holds water in, instead of letting it drain) & under the wing mounts. BARE METAL...Really? Daimler???? Other than that the car is awesome! I'm a Chrysler man & although this isn't really a Mopar, it was a complete Chrysler design & concept. Unfortunately, Daimler never advertised it,

05 crossfire roadster
By don266 on 03/21/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

i bought this car last spring. traded in a 04 sebring conv a sharp car it was but the crossfire conv has it beat hands down. this car realy gets looks when me and my wife take rides. i kid with my wife saying what are they looking at it must be the driver, not. color of car is saffire silver, black top, two tone color interior. red and dark gray. realy stand offish. i added a wood grain interior dash kit looks alot better then the silver accsent, candt wait to take it out when the days are warmer. since i store it in winter living here in wisconsin,

Recently purchased ~ Best of all Roadsters
By bienhoababy on 03/15/13 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I'm retired Military and currently own 3 vehicles including an H2 Hummer. I was a pilot so I am used to acceleration. I have also owned a Jag XKE Roadster, Camaro Convertible, Corvette 454 Big Block, Satellite Hemi, etc over the years. This is the best of them all. With power to throw your head back into the head rest from 0 mph or 30 mph or 60 mph, it literally jumps up on all fours from any speed and leaves everyone in the rear view mirror. Mine's Black Clear Coat with Alcantara seats, 5 speed slap shift, Infinity w/Nav, stability control etc., etc. if you want a soon to be Classic, BMW, Audi! Camaro, corvette, mustang EATER, this is your Boy. It won't let you down.

2005 SRT 6 Convertible
By emcl on 06/08/11 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Great car for the money. Can't beat the value or performance. Excellent performance and a real head turner.

It's new and we LOVE it!
By MrsKeller on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My husband and I just bought this, our first 'shared' car, on Saturday morning, 9/18/10. He wanted a Crossfire since he moved in with me in - 2005 - the same year as the car. We absolutely LOVE it! We got black with a black roof with the two tone gray leather interior and it is so slick looking. Kids on bikes yell, "NICE CAR!" when we drive by. Old men stare at it when we are at a stop sign. The first thing I noticed when I drove it was how tight the steering was. Then I noticed how the car really clings to the road - it is amazing. I have no complaints although we've only owned it for 3 whole days :-) I feel like a superstar when I'm driving it!

Incredible car
By Jaybird777 on 11/11/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car has unbelievable power. Power off the line is tremendous, and faster than most other cars on the road. But on the highway, this car is a madman. At 80 mph on the highway, punch it and you better hold on, and that's no exaggeration. It is scary fast. Muscle car fast. Quality is also superb. As other reviewers have stated, the car leaves you with no doubt that it is a high end Mercedes. If you can find one, buy it now- they are silly cheap for what you get. These will be collector's items- there is no doubt in my mind. But, they'll have to wrestle it away from me! Some say the ride is bad- I disagree. It's a sports car. Ride is really pretty great. Worth every dime.

SRT-6 Hands down the hottest Car ever!
By Antonio on 12/28/08 22:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I actually leased a 2004 Crossfire limited. When I gave it back I actually purchased 2 SRT-6 crossfires because I was so impressed with the 1st one. The SRT-6 crossfires are awesome vehicles. They have the sharpest styling on any car I've ever seen. Chrysler always has great designers. The underspinnings are Daimler, and feel solid and ride with quality. You can't go wrong with these cars. Also with less than 2000 SRT-6 versions made of the coupe and ragtop, they will be worth money someday. I highly recommend this car!

Awesome to drive
By Nancy on 06/23/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car is a blast. I've had it for almost 3 yrs, no major problems. Had to replace the tires as needed - those were pretty pricey. Gas economy is acceptable for it's pickup and speed. I get more compliments on it's appearance. I'm very impressed w/ its storage capacity. I live in Florida and love the a/c system in it...cools down FAST! I was specifically looking for a 2-seater now that the kids are driving and this has been a stellar purchase. In hindsight, I should have gotten the standard shift which would have made it that much more fun to drive. I don't like using the "pseudo-shifting"...I'm just to used to a clutch!!

Rare and beautiful
By Kenneth Hausmann on 04/16/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I have had 56 cars, and this is my favorite. Beautiful, very luxurious, faster than a Mustang, great buy at 22k with 26k miles. Gas mileage is good for this kind of performance. Great stereo, comfortable seats. handles flawlessly, quiet with the top up. This is a rare car, for every one of these there are literally 1,100 1965 and 1966 Mustangs. I have never seen another one on the road. I think these will probably become valuable later on.

A great AMG vehicle
By srt6ragtop on 01/31/08 07:28 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The SRT-6 Roadster is a great sports car from top to bottom. To aquire a AMG Mercedes built car like this for under $30,000 is a steal. You can just feel the quality. This SRT-6 will only be out on nice days and has never seen rain. This one is a keeper.