2005 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
I love this car!!!
By carjunkie66 on 10/22/13 17:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

For the pice this has been a dependable Gunnar to drive. Nothing ever goes wrong with it. It is very peppy, handles well and gets folks to look at you when you drive by. Oil changes are a little high, but you only need to get one or two per year. I would recommend this car to any that are looking for a reasonably priced "fun" car that will cost little in maintenance

05 crossfire roadster
By don266 on 03/21/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

i bought this car last spring. traded in a 04 sebring conv a sharp car it was but the crossfire conv has it beat hands down. this car realy gets looks when me and my wife take rides. i kid with my wife saying what are they looking at it must be the driver, not. color of car is saffire silver, black top, two tone color interior. red and dark gray. realy stand offish. i added a wood grain interior dash kit looks alot better then the silver accsent, candt wait to take it out when the days are warmer. since i store it in winter living here in wisconsin,

Recently purchased ~ Best of all Roadsters
By bienhoababy on 03/15/13 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I'm retired Military and currently own 3 vehicles including an H2 Hummer. I was a pilot so I am used to acceleration. I have also owned a Jag XKE Roadster, Camaro Convertible, Corvette 454 Big Block, Satellite Hemi, etc over the years. This is the best of them all. With power to throw your head back into the head rest from 0 mph or 30 mph or 60 mph, it literally jumps up on all fours from any speed and leaves everyone in the rear view mirror. Mine's Black Clear Coat with Alcantara seats, 5 speed slap shift, Infinity w/Nav, stability control etc., etc. if you want a soon to be Classic, BMW, Audi! Camaro, corvette, mustang EATER, this is your Boy. It won't let you down.

2005 SRT 6 Convertible
By emcl on 06/08/11 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Great car for the money. Can't beat the value or performance. Excellent performance and a real head turner.

Fun and rare, but buyer beware.
By boeroboy on 03/23/11 08:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Basically an affordable variation on the Mercedes SLK. Fun to drive with top down on a nice summer day. Six speed manual is smooth, but could be geared a little better for fuel (gear 6 in the manual is actually lower than gear 5 in the auto for some sad reason). Fuel economy in my experience is 28-34 mpg. Just beware that most "Chrysler" parts in this vehicle are just Mercedes parts with a Chrysler sticker and a massive markup. Remember the Crossfire was a lovechild of Daimler/Chrysler and is no longer made. If you buy one, be sure to join the Crossfire owner club/forum for help since most dealers don't remember what to do for Crossfire service besides take your money.

Highly Reccommend!
By TL on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Not comfortable on long rides but in its defense, it's not a touring vehicle.

It's new and we LOVE it!
By MrsKeller on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My husband and I just bought this, our first 'shared' car, on Saturday morning, 9/18/10. He wanted a Crossfire since he moved in with me in - 2005 - the same year as the car. We absolutely LOVE it! We got black with a black roof with the two tone gray leather interior and it is so slick looking. Kids on bikes yell, "NICE CAR!" when we drive by. Old men stare at it when we are at a stop sign. The first thing I noticed when I drove it was how tight the steering was. Then I noticed how the car really clings to the road - it is amazing. I have no complaints although we've only owned it for 3 whole days :-) I feel like a superstar when I'm driving it!

SRT-6 - Muscle Crusher
By Tommy on 07/03/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I took my SRT-6 (no modifications) to the track the other night at my nephew's request. He owns a 2009 Mustang Shelby. Pure V8 muscle. Long story short, my quarter mile time was 13.9 at 103 mph. His time was 14.78 @ 94 mph. I also raced a Dodge Challenger SRT-8 and crushed that too. My times were consistent, the SRT-8 ran a 14.6 at 97 mph. There is just pure fun and excitement driving my SRT-6 on or off the track. It looks good, it turns heads. I will admit that I wish there were more interior features like a n MP3 player, but then again it was a 2005 model. I got my SRT-6 for half the price, brand new with only 63 miles. I was in the right place and time and glad I was.

Fun little guy
By Alex on 12/01/09 20:37 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Since my first time i saw i felt in love with it, shopped around and got it finally, once having it it's been fun everytime i get on the wheel, it runs and looks great. I loved the stereo, dropping the top down and running it fast, it has some good handling and acceleration..eh, average. I think you shouldn't own it if you're taller than 5'9 though, because space is limited. Parts are hard to find and expencive.

Incredible car
By Jaybird777 on 11/11/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car has unbelievable power. Power off the line is tremendous, and faster than most other cars on the road. But on the highway, this car is a madman. At 80 mph on the highway, punch it and you better hold on, and that's no exaggeration. It is scary fast. Muscle car fast. Quality is also superb. As other reviewers have stated, the car leaves you with no doubt that it is a high end Mercedes. If you can find one, buy it now- they are silly cheap for what you get. These will be collector's items- there is no doubt in my mind. But, they'll have to wrestle it away from me! Some say the ride is bad- I disagree. It's a sports car. Ride is really pretty great. Worth every dime.