Great car!!
By bluefrog2 on
2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)
I felt compelled to review based upon a touch of misinformation I've seen out there; if you want this car you should have no worries about buying a well-maintained one. I was not looking for this car but, when I found it I instantly fell in love! The car is fun to drive, plenty powerful (you won't be beating Corvettes in it - if you want to race high-power sports cars get something else), and handles much better than my BMW 330 did. Two issues I'd like to speak to: the engine mechanicals are a bit loud - relax, you're not about to throw a rod! Rearward visibility obviously isn't like a mini-van, but you'll acclimate to it quickly. If you want one, buy one, you be glad you did!
Favorite Features
Styling, handling, ambience. If you are a fan of the golden age you'll only grow fonder of this car's styling the longer you own it. Most comments I get on it are from "older" gentlemen. I'm very pleased with the execution of the sound system - they've done well with 6 speakers and kept the arrangement from intruding into the cabin. It is not technically perfect, but the sound system, like the car, is just about perfect for this package. Finally, the engine is a BLAST!!!! It is not high-strung or over-tuned but has a great exhaust sound and is very entertaining when it winds up. I didn't purchase an M3 because I was scared of the engine issues. This engine should prove to have longevity.
Suggested Improvements
Look for the SRT6 if you have concerns about power, as low-end grunt in the limited is a bit lacking. You could remedy this with the installation of a supercharger; The cupholder, well, has to be the most hated in cupholder history. One note I'll make about that dreaded cupholder is that, despite appearing to be broken in my car, it still works and will hold a big gulp through fast turns without releasing the contents of the cup.