Used 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By manoelramon

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am very proud for having this car.. it is almost 2 years and I NEVER had one single problem... the car is beautiful.. the people really asked about the car, turns the head.. and ride.. dude.. the ride is cool.. very fast ... very safe.. 80% of this car is a mercedez slk.. I change the oil myself because it requires 0w40 and it is cheaper if I do it myself.. the car is very confortable.. my friend has a porshe carrera and sorry porshe lovers!!! this car is much more comfortable comparing to the hard porshe... I will keep this car with me forever.. it is one of few 20.000 cars that arrives in USA... LOVE IT!!

Beware
By ronfor1

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car is product of bad marriage and even worse divorce between Mercedes and Chrysler. Chrysler unable/unwilling to fix warranty item, tried to buy back for half value. Dealer claimed no responsibility, deferred to Chrysler. Both unwilling to do the right thing by consumer. Car same as Mercedes SLK under skin but Mercedes also unwilling to assist in repair. "Bastard child" to both manufacturers..don't get suckered.

Appearance....fun to drive.

Manufacturer needs to support their product. Fiat now owns Chrysler and they refused to even give me a phone number to their rep. No concern for the consumer/end user. Look elsewhere if you want a company/dealership that will stand up and do the right thing for the person who buys their product.

Great car!!
By bluefrog2

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I felt compelled to review based upon a touch of misinformation I've seen out there; if you want this car you should have no worries about buying a well-maintained one. I was not looking for this car but, when I found it I instantly fell in love! The car is fun to drive, plenty powerful (you won't be beating Corvettes in it - if you want to race high-power sports cars get something else), and handles much better than my BMW 330 did. Two issues I'd like to speak to: the engine mechanicals are a bit loud - relax, you're not about to throw a rod! Rearward visibility obviously isn't like a mini-van, but you'll acclimate to it quickly. If you want one, buy one, you be glad you did!

Styling, handling, ambience. If you are a fan of the golden age you'll only grow fonder of this car's styling the longer you own it. Most comments I get on it are from "older" gentlemen. I'm very pleased with the execution of the sound system - they've done well with 6 speakers and kept the arrangement from intruding into the cabin. It is not technically perfect, but the sound system, like the car, is just about perfect for this package. Finally, the engine is a BLAST!!!! It is not high-strung or over-tuned but has a great exhaust sound and is very entertaining when it winds up. I didn't purchase an M3 because I was scared of the engine issues. This engine should prove to have longevity.

Look for the SRT6 if you have concerns about power, as low-end grunt in the limited is a bit lacking. You could remedy this with the installation of a supercharger; The cupholder, well, has to be the most hated in cupholder history. One note I'll make about that dreaded cupholder is that, despite appearing to be broken in my car, it still works and will hold a big gulp through fast turns without releasing the contents of the cup.

Just great!
By Hector_Lara

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car, great performance, it looks really great and good reliability. Everybody think that it is more expensive tan really is. More eye-catching than most of the cars. I have had Eclipse and TT and surprisingly the crossfire looks better and i have more fun than the rest. I have 2 Crossfire limited, Coupe and Roadster.

Driving, styling

Buyers Remorse!!
By ITMATRS

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Looked great, and preformed ok on the small test drive but by the time we hit the freeway the truth became clear. 1st - Road noise> lots of road noise in the cabin, reminded me of a Dodge Caliber i rented and hated!! Feels cheap and plastic 2nd - Blind Spots - small rear window with blind spots from the rear body lines - again like the Caliber <:os 3rd - Door windows are so narrow you can barely see out 4th - Cramped. I'm 5'4" and reach the brake and gas fine but have to have my knees in the dash to get the clutch all the way in <:o| 5th - Gear gates are small! Clunks into 2nd and hard to get to 3rd w/o hitting 1st or 5th..not 4 me..<:o(

Looks are classy but the rear end is UGLY! I miss my 82 Vette!! <:o((

All of the above. Also noticed that the car lost control of the road on small bumps at only 75mph on the freeway..my 82 Vette can take the same at 145+ and screams for more...guess I'm a just a Chevy girl> >;o)