2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:
I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By manoelramon on 11/17/12 23:06 PM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am very proud for having this car.. it is almost 2 years and I NEVER had one single problem... the car is beautiful.. the people really asked about the car, turns the head.. and ride.. dude.. the ride is cool.. very fast ... very safe.. 80% of this car is a mercedez slk.. I change the oil myself because it requires 0w40 and it is cheaper if I do it myself.. the car is very confortable.. my friend has a porshe carrera and sorry porshe lovers!!! this car is much more comfortable comparing to the hard porshe... I will keep this car with me forever.. it is one of few 20.000 cars that arrives in USA... LOVE IT!!

Beware
By ronfor1 on 09/03/11 12:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car is product of bad marriage and even worse divorce between Mercedes and Chrysler. Chrysler unable/unwilling to fix warranty item, tried to buy back for half value. Dealer claimed no responsibility, deferred to Chrysler. Both unwilling to do the right thing by consumer. Car same as Mercedes SLK under skin but Mercedes also unwilling to assist in repair. "Bastard child" to both manufacturers..don't get suckered.

Great car!!
By bluefrog2 on 08/01/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I felt compelled to review based upon a touch of misinformation I've seen out there; if you want this car you should have no worries about buying a well-maintained one. I was not looking for this car but, when I found it I instantly fell in love! The car is fun to drive, plenty powerful (you won't be beating Corvettes in it - if you want to race high-power sports cars get something else), and handles much better than my BMW 330 did. Two issues I'd like to speak to: the engine mechanicals are a bit loud - relax, you're not about to throw a rod! Rearward visibility obviously isn't like a mini-van, but you'll acclimate to it quickly. If you want one, buy one, you be glad you did!

Just great!
By Hector_Lara on 06/18/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car, great performance, it looks really great and good reliability. Everybody think that it is more expensive tan really is. More eye-catching than most of the cars. I have had Eclipse and TT and surprisingly the crossfire looks better and i have more fun than the rest. I have 2 Crossfire limited, Coupe and Roadster.

Buyers Remorse!!
By ITMATRS on 02/10/10 10:59 AM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Looked great, and preformed ok on the small test drive but by the time we hit the freeway the truth became clear. 1st - Road noise> lots of road noise in the cabin, reminded me of a Dodge Caliber i rented and hated!! Feels cheap and plastic 2nd - Blind Spots - small rear window with blind spots from the rear body lines - again like the Caliber <:os 3rd - Door windows are so narrow you can barely see out 4th - Cramped. I'm 5'4" and reach the brake and gas fine but have to have my knees in the dash to get the clutch all the way in <:o| 5th - Gear gates are small! Clunks into 2nd and hard to get to 3rd w/o hitting 1st or 5th..not 4 me..<:o(

AWESOME! Everyone compliments!
By LINDSAY on 07/31/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so much fun to drive. The spoiler, which is similar to the Porsche, just makes the car! I'm a 20 year old student... this car is perfect for me. You tend to see older people driving them... for what reason I have no idea. This car is definitely for younger women!! It's stylish, sexy, reliable (except the darn cup holder), and fun! I will never sell this car! It is irreplaceable due to the fact that Mercedes will no longer take part in the make of this car!

Great Car
By Terry on 05/10/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The cupholder is of poor design, otherwise the car is really nice and fun to drive.

Used Crossfire
By 2004 Chrysler Crossf on 03/24/09 15:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car looks great except for the plastic headlight covers that fog over from the sun and look awful. They can't be replaced unless you buy the entire light assembly at $400+ each. The back hatch door rattles real bad and mine has etched through the paint where the hard rubber has worn through it. I wish it had an off switch for the back fin. It's distracting, embarrassing and blocks your view in the rear view mirror. Other than that it's been a fun driver!

A street legal jet!
By Jonathan on 01/19/09 17:53 PM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my 2004 Crossfire in August, and simply love it! Due to our snowy Canadian winters, I had to park it for about 5 months, but cannot wait to uncover her and hit the freeways again. It turns heads wherever I go, and people just stare and ask what it is constantly. I am only 5'8", so getting in and out are a breeze. It handles like it is on rails, and makes every trip fun! I know it's not as fast as the 350Z or TT, but I feel it is a much sharper looking car, and lives up to the Mercedes name in every way. I have driven Jags and high end Acuras, and this car feels and looks more expensive. If you have the chance, buy one and hold on! This is a future collector's car for sure!

Middle age; no crisis
By 1hot6 on 11/26/08 16:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an 06 Mustang, show car, for my 04 Crossfire in March 08. While I honestly do miss some of the Mustang's personality I absolutly love my Crossfire! This vehicle surpasses any other car I've owned to include a BMW z3. It's not the fastest but then again who really is?! The car handles flawlessly and Ive found myself pushing upwards to 80mph on back country twisties. It gets looks everywhere I go and best of all there aren't a lot of them around unlike the "me-too" Mustangs. Only problem was my own doing as I put an aftermarket exhaust which causes occasional vibration/resonnance but the car sounds like it should for the looks. It's destined to be a classic! No more built after 2008