Used 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Consumer Reviews - 203 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crossfire model:

Great sports car!
By Nick moore

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This a really great car I never had NY problems .I owned it for 5 years mine is a 2004 fully loaded I drive it on nice sunny days it has 75k miles on it the parts to fix car are all Mercedes Benz .so bieng a bastard car cause it was made in Germany but with Chrysler badge..its interior noise is lil loud but it's a sports car so..I put super chip in mind with performance exhaust ect... N I love it great car I took turns at 85 mph n only 35 zone no problem handles n drives great ..I did hve to put valve cover gaskets on at 74k n replaced exhaust at 74k but only cause there is no e check here so I took cat out on exhaust ect.. I did hve replace belt idler pulley at 74k ect.. Just basic maitence so oil changes unless u do them yourself are pricy cause it uses 0 40w pure synthetic racing oil so keep tht kinda stuff in mind ...but mine is auto with manual it has both thts the one I recommend do not get the manual with clutch get auto with manual slap stick also does OK in winter it has a winter/summer selection on transmission ..n also the coupe with all options has a really nice stereo infinity doores with tweeters n amplifier with sub woofers in all factory which is nice n I'm pretty sure thts not available on the convertible ..which I hate rag tops so but a hard top removal one would be great also all Mercedes Benz mechanics told me not too buy the car in the last year made cause its a set model n dnt hve Mercedes drive train n it has a fixed wing instead of the Mercedes tht deploys at 61 mph n retractks at 37 n also last year onez made have a supercharger on a Chrysler v6 instead of a Mercedes motor n thy ones with the supercharger had problems but just put a super chip in it its better than the SRT one ..highly recommend this car but remember the maintance cost on it cause I only take it too Mercedes to get worked on n its same car as the slk also the color on mine they made the fewest of which to me is the best color its silver saphire blue metallic it changed from a light real pretty blue to silver depending on sun n time of day

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By manoelramon

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am very proud for having this car.. it is almost 2 years and I NEVER had one single problem... the car is beautiful.. the people really asked about the car, turns the head.. and ride.. dude.. the ride is cool.. very fast ... very safe.. 80% of this car is a mercedez slk.. I change the oil myself because it requires 0w40 and it is cheaper if I do it myself.. the car is very confortable.. my friend has a porshe carrera and sorry porshe lovers!!! this car is much more comfortable comparing to the hard porshe... I will keep this car with me forever.. it is one of few 20.000 cars that arrives in USA... LOVE IT!!

Beware
By ronfor1

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Car is product of bad marriage and even worse divorce between Mercedes and Chrysler. Chrysler unable/unwilling to fix warranty item, tried to buy back for half value. Dealer claimed no responsibility, deferred to Chrysler. Both unwilling to do the right thing by consumer. Car same as Mercedes SLK under skin but Mercedes also unwilling to assist in repair. "Bastard child" to both manufacturers..don't get suckered.

Appearance....fun to drive.

Manufacturer needs to support their product. Fiat now owns Chrysler and they refused to even give me a phone number to their rep. No concern for the consumer/end user. Look elsewhere if you want a company/dealership that will stand up and do the right thing for the person who buys their product.

Great car!!
By bluefrog2

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I felt compelled to review based upon a touch of misinformation I've seen out there; if you want this car you should have no worries about buying a well-maintained one.

I was not looking for this car but, when I found it I instantly fell in love! The car is fun to drive, plenty powerful (you won't be beating Corvettes in it - if you want to race high-power sports cars get something else), and handles much better than my BMW 330 did.

Two issues I'd like to speak to: the engine mechanicals are a bit loud - relax, you're not about to throw a rod! Rearward visibility obviously isn't like a mini-van, but you'll acclimate to it quickly. If you want one, buy one, you be glad you did!

Styling, handling, ambience. If you are a fan of the golden age you'll only grow fonder of this car's styling the longer you own it. Most comments I get on it are from "older" gentlemen. I'm very pleased with the execution of the sound system - they've done well with 6 speakers and kept the arrangement from intruding into the cabin. It is not technically perfect, but the sound system, like the car, is just about perfect for this package. Finally, the engine is a BLAST!!!! It is not high-strung or over-tuned but has a great exhaust sound and is very entertaining when it winds up. I didn't purchase an M3 because I was scared of the engine issues. This engine should prove to have longevity.

Look for the SRT6 if you have concerns about power, as low-end grunt in the limited is a bit lacking. You could remedy this with the installation of a supercharger; The cupholder, well, has to be the most hated in cupholder history. One note I'll make about that dreaded cupholder is that, despite appearing to be broken in my car, it still works and will hold a big gulp through fast turns without releasing the contents of the cup.

Just great!
By Hector_Lara

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car, great performance, it looks really great and good reliability. Everybody think that it is more expensive tan really is. More eye-catching than most of the cars. I have had Eclipse and TT and surprisingly the crossfire looks better and i have more fun than the rest. I have 2 Crossfire limited, Coupe and Roadster.

Driving, styling