2003 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
2.7 L engine failure
By TanyaB on 06/23/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 6 years ago and was very pleased with it at first. A very nice ride and handled nicely in bad weather. For the most part, it had been a good car. Then, out of nowhere the check engine light came on and before we could get it in to the shop, the car completely died. Our mechanic told us that it was complete engine failure due to oil sludge. Keep in mind, the car doesn't even have 90,000 miles on it yet and oil was changed regularly. I have since found out by doing some research that Chrysler vehicles with the 2.7 L engine are prone to major engine issues even at relatively low mileage due to defects in engine design. Do some research before buying!

Chrysler
By Rose on 05/04/10 12:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Since I had the car it has been a money pit. The final straw was after putting 3K (in two months) into the car the motor blew. The dealer just worked on the car in January ($1006) because of a valve that let to the engine light coming on. Something to do with emissions. I have had many cars, I have never had a motor blow. The car was regularly maintained. this is my first and last experience with a Chrysler product.

2003 Concorde LXi
By John on 07/21/08 07:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new, used as a sales vehicle, and kept it as the family sedan. Great ride and plenty of room makes it excellent for long road trips. Replaced wheel bearing under warranty, transmission cooler leak at 46K, new catalytic converter at 80K, other than that, rock-solid reliable. This car is a pleasure to drive and own

Great Car
By res416 on 09/25/07 15:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a very good experience with my Concorde XLI. Well built, well designed, roomy, and comfortable.

Awesome Ride!
By STB on 06/01/07 08:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been driven from Indiana to Niagra Falls and to Tennessee and back two times. This car is a joy to drive. In fact, it drives so easily, you can drive it with one finger on the wheel. The trunk space on this car is unbelievable. The 3.5 liter V-6 in this car has the feel of a V-8 when you stand on the gas to get up to freeway speeds. I am going drive this car until it dies.

Great Family Car
By Scott George on 05/16/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Concorde is the best driving car I've ever owed. The only problems are its to low to the ground for large folks like me. It is missing hand holders on the front passenger side which are needed. The body style is boring. The car rides great and it loves highway speeds. The car feels very safe which is good going at highway speeds.

Great touring car
By Hollis on 12/19/06 10:21 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for three years and love it. We live in a mountainous area but the Concorde has power to spare. Gas mileage on the highway is often over 30 miles/gallon. Because we are rural we often travel over three hours per trip. Our Concorde is so comfortable and roomy that we enjoy the trips.

Excellent Traveling Car
By Kevin on 06/08/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a great companion on the open road, especially when carrying other passengers. The back seat is very accomodating, and it is very comfortable everywhere. The sound system is great too, along with the leather seats. Even as a used car, the condition is excellent. The only issue that I find being a problem is fuel economy and some wind noise, but otherwise this car is great on the road. It rides very well, and makes you feel secure behind the wheel.

Over 40k
By Not so happy on 12/31/05 21:01 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car did ok until it hit 40k, then things started to go wrong - sway bar bushings (common problem), transmission cooler leak (common problem I'm told, expensive to fix) and so on. 7/70 warrenty doesn't cover any of these things.

Disappointed
By Dan on 09/19/05 13:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car with 29,000 miles on it and have had it in the shop several times and have just now reached 39,000 miles. Several evaporative emisson problems and now a shifting sensor/valve in the transmission. I bought this car because the '97 LHS I had was such a pleasure to own. We may just have ended our love affair with Chrysler!