2002 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
An LHS and now This :)
By 1HappyOwner on 05/18/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well I've had this car almost 8 years now and I have to agree that it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. I have under 60000 miles on it and no major repairs and only a few items that need attention. The black trim on the hood close to the windshield has faded and required frequent buffing. A few cracks on the drivers seat. Had to replace the climate control, easy and cheap $30 ebay part.

New Car - November 2009
By Glhermance on 11/20/09 06:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Concorde I have owned. I just purchased this car Nov 9, 2009 as itr was a onw owner trade in with only 22,523 actual miles on it and I paid only $ 8500.00 for the car. It rides and looks like a new car !! Had to travel 305 mile one way to get it and it got 27.7 miles a gallon - not to bad !!!

Nice car
By RSB on 09/30/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car on October 2006 with 54K miles and after three yrs and 40K miles more, works like new. At the beginning I was skeptical due to the Chrysler reputation, but I was wrong with it. For its size, its very comfortable for 5 adults, sometimes six. My car has leather seats and dark interior, which I liked. Until now, I have no complains with the engine, after all the terror stories I read after. Major fixes: A/C evaporator blown in summer 2009 ($400), faulty driver side power windows ($100), regular maintenance (tires, oil, brakes, etc.). The paint is OK but I find recently a few spots due to excess rain in Puerto Rico and the warranty doesn't cover it.

MULTIPLE ISSUES
By lemon02 on 09/04/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Shortly after we brought the car in for its 60000 mi maintenance which included coolant flush & fill, it overheated several times. We brought it back to the garage & they told us that some particle had gotten stuck in the system. They flushed & filled it again (no charge). A couple of years later it developed a fuel leak which goes away after engine warm up. We brought it back to the garage for this & they replaced the fuel injector seals but it still leaks. We have brought it back several more times but they cannot fix the problem. My suspicion is that the leak developed as a result of the engine overheating some years ago. Several other issues as well. Not enough space to write here

2002 in distress
By trisa on 08/08/09 20:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 Concorde LXI and I love it. Recently I was very disturbed to find that the part I need to fix my drivers side air bag is not in stock and possibly would be hard to find. This has made it difficult for me as I am at this time on vacation in Arizona and I live in Ontario Canada. So can you see what the problem is. I simply want to correct this situation before I head back another 3600 mile drive on the freeways. Seems to me that although my car is 7 years I am not to get the service and quality that Chrysler is always raving about. I just can't believe this is actually a problem. I have had through my business over 20 older cars and have never had a problem such as this.Help.

Best Car Ever
By orlando on 06/14/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with the 3.5L engine in it in 2007 and since then I had no major problems with the vehicle other then the A/C which stopped working.It turned out to be a broken hose which cost me $275 to fix.Other than that ,do your general maintenance and the car will treat you right.Love the factory navigation unit it came with but updating the disc can be pricy if you get it from the dealer ($250).

Great Car
By Lefty on 04/29/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The '02 Concorde Limited is a TEN. It's a cross b/t a Lexus and a Jaguar. I have the 3.5 H.O. aluminum block Motor- brand new rebuilt. Fully loaded and Black - awesome. - I recommend a set of 235/55rs/17 GOODYEAR EAGLE RS Tires - the difference in the ride quality is absolutely stunning and amazing compared to any other brand I've ever driven on.

Owned 2 years so far
By Tony on 03/13/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my concorde limited for 2 years almost and i would have to say it has been one of the best cars i have ever owned. After 2 years and buying it used the only thing that i have had to fix is one tire from running over a nail. Unfortunately the only thing that i could complain about is the trim piece on the hood that has started to weather and the glaze has started to peel off other than that the car is great.

Good Choice
By Jim Cortsen on 12/24/08 10:17 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a '97 De Ville. While we miss a few things from the Caddy, this has proven to be a better car than we expected. Enough amenities to satisfy us, quite comfortable & roomy. The Concord rides very nice and handles beautifully. The power of the 250HP 3.5 V6 gave us the most pleasent surprise! If I didn't know better, I'd say it's got as much giddy-up as the '97 Northstar had! I put some new Firestons on it, & the northern Wisconsin winter has been nicely tamed.

One of my Best Cars
By George Budlong on 08/10/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been one of the better cars I have owned. I get 28 MPG on the highway and around 21-22 mpg in the city. I have all the "bells and whistles" on it except for a moon roof. I maintain it on a regular basis and only have had the usual wear and tear like brakes and front end alignment. I hesitate to trade for an economy car as the mileage would not be that much better and I would sacrifice the ride and comfort.