Used 2002 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

An LHS and now This :)
By 1HappyOwner

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well I've had this car almost 8 years now and I have to agree that it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. I have under 60000 miles on it and no major repairs and only a few items that need attention. The black trim on the hood close to the windshield has faded and required frequent buffing. A few cracks on the drivers seat. Had to replace the climate control, easy and cheap $30 ebay part.

It will def get out of it's own way. Still sleek styling for it's age. Paint has held up. Stereo loud enough for me. Wonderful and comfortable on the highway... cruise at 80 easily and faster if you want. Full service spare and wheel in BIG Spacious trunk.

Well the only improvement that I can honestly comment on is the transmission. Of course anyone that has ever owned a Chrysler/Dodge product knows this. It's started slipping a bit in very cold weather on a cold start. This of course will lead to an expensive repair.

New Car - November 2009
By Glhermance

2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Concorde I have owned. I just purchased this car Nov 9, 2009 as itr was a onw owner trade in with only 22,523 actual miles on it and I paid only $ 8500.00 for the car. It rides and looks like a new car !! Had to travel 305 mile one way to get it and it got 27.7 miles a gallon - not to bad !!!

Interior look and all the features it comes with. Car has every feature you can think of.

They could have found a better way for front License Plate bracket. I went to take it off the car as our state does not require a front plate and the grill is cracked on both sides where the plate holder is screwed in. I now have to keep it on the car - so looking for a good christian license plate.

Nice car
By RSB

2002 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car on October 2006 with 54K miles and after three yrs and 40K miles more, works like new. At the beginning I was skeptical due to the Chrysler reputation, but I was wrong with it. For its size, its very comfortable for 5 adults, sometimes six. My car has leather seats and dark interior, which I liked. Until now, I have no complains with the engine, after all the terror stories I read after. Major fixes: A/C evaporator blown in summer 2009 ($400), faulty driver side power windows ($100), regular maintenance (tires, oil, brakes, etc.). The paint is OK but I find recently a few spots due to excess rain in Puerto Rico and the warranty doesn't cover it.

2.7L engine does the work fine, good MPH for a car of that size, a lot of ammenities for the money, good initial quality (at least my car).

Better warranty for exterior paint and corrosion. Radio with AUX entry for my IPod.

MULTIPLE ISSUES
By lemon02

2002 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Shortly after we brought the car in for its 60000 mi maintenance which included coolant flush & fill, it overheated several times. We brought it back to the garage & they told us that some particle had gotten stuck in the system. They flushed & filled it again (no charge). A couple of years later it developed a fuel leak which goes away after engine warm up. We brought it back to the garage for this & they replaced the fuel injector seals but it still leaks. We have brought it back several more times but they cannot fix the problem. My suspicion is that the leak developed as a result of the engine overheating some years ago. Several other issues as well. Not enough space to write here

Comfortable ride, good for long trips.

Quality control needs to be greatly improved. While still under warranty, had to have drivers window power motor replaced, & right rear taillight & trunk rainwater leak repaired. Out of warranty, have had to replace right headlamp 2X. Car only 73000 mi. Not impressed w quality.

2002 in distress
By trisa

2002 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 Concorde LXI and I love it. Recently I was very disturbed to find that the part I need to fix my drivers side air bag is not in stock and possibly would be hard to find. This has made it difficult for me as I am at this time on vacation in Arizona and I live in Ontario Canada. So can you see what the problem is. I simply want to correct this situation before I head back another 3600 mile drive on the freeways. Seems to me that although my car is 7 years I am not to get the service and quality that Chrysler is always raving about. I just can't believe this is actually a problem. I have had through my business over 20 older cars and have never had a problem such as this.Help.

All of them. Overall it's a beautiful car.

Service your vehicle regardless of it's year. My car is in great shape and can't afford to have this problem. Would love to here back asap please. Thank you