2001 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
freakin great ride!
By joe436 on 08/04/13 07:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

My concord has 350,000 kilometers on her and she purrs like the first day she was purchased. regular fluid changes and minor undercarridge replacements, other than that, its very quick for a large car, best car I ever had, hope to make it to 500,000 ks at least.

Reliable so far, but likely not for long..
By iknowcars2 on 03/28/13 01:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm driving this car as a hand-me-down with ~160k miles on it. It has no A/C, trunk lid hydrolics gone, weather stripping is falling completely off, two windows won't fully roll down, driver's side window has gone off-track twice, the front passenger door won't unlock without reaching over and unlocking it from inside, the auto-lock/unlock sounds hideous now, and the front passenger door speaker crackles (not from loud music, this car came from my sweet little grandmother.) The performance is acceptable for daily driving, but has unacceptable passing acceleration. About the only good thing I can say about this car is that it's definitely roomy and the seats are comfortable and durable.

I must've been one of the lucky ones
By dbusterplus on 01/10/13 09:33 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've heard nothing but horrible things about the 2.7, yet I've never experienced nearly the amount of hardships anyone else seems to have with this engine. My wife (fiance at the time) bought this car in July '04 with 31k miles on it. It's been nothing short of a workhorse for us. Of course at around 50k miles, the check engine light came on, and looking around online, I found tons of reports of the dreaded engine sludge fiasco, but it seems mine was a later 2001 model that avoided this issue. The light turned out to be for an emission issue that didn't affect how well the car ran. Now, in 2013, nearing 150k miles, I still drive it 60 miles a day with minimal upkeep.

167,000 strong... good bang for the family sedan buck!
By dlong163 on 12/09/12 21:09 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.2 liter models were superb to other offerings at the time. If you don't like the exterior design, add a spoiler, and voila! This car is reliable, has never failed me. I have kept with regular maintenance since I received it at 114,000 miles, and the previous owner kept it and recorded it as well. The only major problems I've encountered is the ABS pump failing (not a huge deal) and my frame was warped when I drove over an unmarked curb, causing a clunk I can't eliminate despite all new front suspension. I can't blame Chrysler for a business not marking their curbs. Overall, a great car. I've met owners with 250K on their daily drivers, I'm sure this one will make it!

LOVE and hate relationship
By the17thletr1 on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in 03 with 67k miles in 07 120k 60k later timing chain went 130k all four struts needed to be replaced and the front hubs were shoot. Now a 167k the transmission axle on the passenger side is loose and and noisy. Father don't buy this car for your daughter's first car to take to college. Other minor issues are door windows move slow and the window control switches won't stay in place. When i bought the car it rode great and still looks great but every 30 thousand i have to put in the shop for a major repair i love the car but i don't think i would buy it again.

This car is worth it
By Big Daddy on 06/07/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I must admit that I initially thought this car was for a senior citizen when I first looked at, when my father wouldn't take it, I kept it and boy am I glad I did. Fuel efficiency is great, it takes 87 gas unlike my Cadillac and the acceleration with the 6 cyl engine rivals that of a sports car. The ride is soft and roomy. I really have no complaints. Nothing has broken down ever, and I've put about 80,000 miles on this car in 2 years and it already had a 100,000 on it when I bought it.

limited issues
By loyal cust on 02/24/10 17:36 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

Owned the car since new,extremely reliable car. No major issues, car has 165,000 miles, replaced brake booster/ battery at 163K, brakes/ struts at 100k, original engine/ transmission, does not use oil or leak. Oil is changed every 3000 miles, all fluids replaced per the Chry schedule. Plan to drive the car for 1 more year at which time will replace due to the Michigan road salt rust

It's been a love/hate relationship : )
By Jesse Jane on 02/05/10 15:16 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 29,000 miles - at 92,000 had to replace my engine. Although I had done oil changes regularly the engine was caked with gunk! I still owed...so I replaced it and am using premium gas and better quality oil. So far with the refurbished engine I've put 72,000 miles on it. Other than the car just up and dying on me the one time, it's been extremely reliable, starts great, still runs smooth and has been roomy enough to accommodate my growing children. The paint job still shines. When I'm ready to purchase another car I will consider a Chrysler again, with a different engine.

Great Road Car
By Bichon Mom on 11/17/09 09:38 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is an all around great touring car that has a luxury feel and is loaded with extras. The leather interior is gorgeous, and the car easily and comfortably holds 5 adult passengers on long trips. MPG is 23 city and 29 hwy if your tires are kept inflated. In the two years I have owned the car, I needed to replace the A/C condensor and the battery. Both are more costly than necessary as the under hood arrangement does not make it easy for your mechanic. This is my third Concorde since 1994 and I will miss them when they are all gone!

What a Nightmare
By IhateChrysler on 08/25/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a pre-owned 2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi with a 3.2 L V6 engine. While we have all heard stories about the previous owner being an old lady that babied the car, in this case, I knew the owner and knew that to be the case. The car had been maintained by a local Chrysler dealership with 3,000 mile oil changes and had 42K at the time of my purchase. At around 50,000 the transmission welded itself solid, common problem with this model. Now at 75K it has major engine failure. What a piece of junk. Chrysler should be ashamed. And this is on top of the fact that the trunk supports are weak and the trunk constantly falls on your head when retrieving items from it. My first Chrysler & my last