2000 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Nicecar
By fullahitz on 05/12/05 19:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I Love my 2000 Chrysler. I Love the leg room. I was also surprised at the 26.5mpg on my 120 mile commute from Eugene to Salem every day. This is the Only Big car I need.

Engine Failure
By LarryG on 03/05/05 01:06 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle new in December 2000. The car performed well until Feruary of 2005 when at 98,000 miles, the motor began making a noise and the oil light came on. Diagnostic tests revealed that the engine was destroyed due to oil starvation from oil sludge. The vehicle would require a replacement of the 2.7 liter engine. Faced with this option I decided to replace the car. Research over the past few weeks has revealed that the Chrysler 2.7 liter engine appears to have many problems. I would seriously recommend that anyone purchasing this vehicle type with tis motor, perform a in-depth check of the engine.

2.7 will fail
By John Durbin on 03/02/05 07:25 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new and we loved it. The first 120,000 miles we had no problems at all. Then the door locks started to make a bad noise when you use them. Then the engine blew. We have found out that about 2/3 of all the 2.7L engines have blown and there might be a class action suite against Chrysler. If you do get a Concorde DO NOT get the 2.7L engine. I know of engines failing anywhere from 15,000 on up. We have had a few Chrysler vehicles in the past but I will never buy another one again, it is a shame because I have a relative who works for them.

One year review, bought used
By Jack in NJ on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the Concorde exactly 1 yr ago. I was looking for a car for my daughter when I ran into this for $8k, 42K miles at a dealer in mint condition. What a buy! I am comparing this to my wife's Lexus so consider that when looking at my ratings. BTW, my kids prefer riding in the Concorde over the Lexus. If you are looking to buy, CHECK the brakes. Factory rotors are a problem but I knew that and factored it into my purchase price. 4 rotors & shoes cost me $750, be advised. Otherwise, no trouble (15k miles), unlike the other posts. OVER maintain Chryslers, especially the transmission. There is a front differential that gets overlooked. Bang for the buck

chrysler concorde
By cmm50 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

The car rides great is very roomy and dependable. The one problem I have is the annoying noise my locks make. They make a loud screeching noise when used.

2000 Concorde LX
By goingnowherefast on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used from a private party and love the way it looks and feels. Unfortunately, it tends to be sitting motionless in my driveway due to frequent breakdowns. Currently, it is at a dealership and in need of a $5000 new engine due to a thrown rod. It has less than 75,000 miles on the engine, so what gives? My 1990 GMC Suburban with 200,000 on the original engine and transmission is much more reliable, although not nearly as attractive. The engine episode is just the latest of a series of problems, large and small. I'll never, EVER own a Chrysler again. Lesson learned. Point me to the Hondas.

2000 Concorde LX
By Chvanwest on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after rolling into the dealership in a car that wouldn't move anymore. Overall, I have been very pleased with the car. I have had no mechanical problems with it so far (knock on wood), and it is truly a luxury car for the person who doesn't want to pay for a luxury car.

Solid, reliable car
By Tsh on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Good car that averages about 20 mpg in the city and anywhere from 30-33 mpg. Lot's of room and easily accomodates 5 passengers. Yes the engine power is a little on the lower side, but that's to be expected with such a large car being pushed by a 2.7l six cylinder. Huge trunk and plenty of room. We've had the car for almost four years and 47,000 miles; the only thing I've replaced is the windshield wipers. The OEM brake shoes will need changed soon.

Best Car I've owned
By Todd1 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for a couple years now. Use to own a smaller car. This is one comfortable car to drive. The surprise to it is the gas mileage I've been able to get with it. I've had as high as 35mpg with it. On a long trip taking the I-80 from CA to IA. I had some tanks of gas I was able to get 35mpg, most of the time I was able to get 30mpg. When I had a big car in the early 80's I was lucky to get 15mpg.

Great Road Car
By perolaf on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

The Concorde is one of the few cars available (and affordable) with good gas mileage that can hold five people in any comfort. Last year I averaged 29 mpg over 68000 miles of mostly highway driving. Driver seat comfort and ride quality are excellent. In other seating positions anyone over 5'10" may have problems with headroom. Road noise is a bit high for this caliber car.