Used 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler Concorde

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

A Really Good Car !
By A Really Good Car

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

To support our retirement's fixed income in May 2004 we paid cash and our 93 Jeep Cherokee for a dark-red Concorde LXi (tan interior) with 49000 miles. It was a great choice. With its peppy 3.2L V6 it's a good looker and (even for me at 72) fun to drive. It's now 9 yrs old with 72000+ miles and hasn't given us any problems whatsoever. When we bought it we chose to replace it's battery and tires, tinted it's windows and have changed it's oil every 3000 miles - nothing more - and today it still drives like a new car with reliability and very good fuel economy! The sole criticism is a higher level of road noise than it should have on an interstate. Other than that it's a really good car.

Favorite Features

Peppy 3.2 engine. Handles well on back rods as well as the high speed interstates. Plenty of room for five adults and a very good size trunk. It's exterior and interior are still sharp and show very little wear - and it's still a great looking car.

Suggested Improvements

A good heavy coat of (New England style) undercoating would quiet down the road noise level quite a bit.

The major engine problem ruins
By Legalmanager

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new from dealer and had 66,000 miles on it with a near perfect maintenance record, then this past week, the check engine light came on. I was told by the dealer I would need a rebuild engine at a cost of almost $8,000. I have since learned at various web sites, this is a common problem due to the infamous 2.7 liter engine and excessive oil sludge. A second, independent repair shop indicated this is a long known problem. After buying four brand new Chrysler cars over the past 20 years, I'm extremely disappointed with how they are taking care of (now-former) long term customers.

Favorite Features

The relatively smooth ride, comfort of seats, amount of interior room and truck space.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality weather stripping, had to be replaced twice, standing good on a major engine problem reported by multiple customers. Maybe the engine problems have to do with discontinuing the model.

Proud owner
By adam

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. It runs great and shifts smooth. Trunk space is unbelievable, And my passengers are just as comfortable as I am. It looks great too.

Favorite Features

The over head trip calculator, I never again have to break out my hand held calculator after each fill up.

2000 Chrysler Concorde
By Unhappy

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

We received this car from an estate. It was very well taken care of with only 62,000 miles. The car drives and handles great. Interior and trunk space are more than adequate. We've had to deal with some minor weather stripping problems. Then two months ago, the infamous 2.7 liter engine blew because of excessive oil sludge and timing chain problems. Chrysler has hired a company to deal with the engine problem claims. Their compensation is insulting and inadequate. Do not, under any circumstances, buy Chrysler products. I'm very disappointed with how they are taking care of their customers.

Suggested Improvements

New engine design and better customer service.

Disgusted in Janesville
By Lucy Eysnogle

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Loved my 2000 Concorde - was a good car until the 2.7 engine blew up!!! Had taken very good care of car with oil changes religiously every 3000 miles and transmission changed every 40,000. Thoroughly disgusted to find that Chrysler knew about the problems with the 2.7 engine and did nothing about it!!! The Concorde was the 5th Dodge/Chrysler we bought. Never again - if Chrysler doesn't care about its customers and its products, I don't need to help keep them in business!! Just bought a 2007 Ford!!!

Favorite Features

Room/comfort, mileage - 29 mpg

Suggested Improvements

2.7 engine problems, road noise