2000 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
A Really Good Car !
By A Really Good Car on 09/08/07 15:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

To support our retirement's fixed income in May 2004 we paid cash and our 93 Jeep Cherokee for a dark-red Concorde LXi (tan interior) with 49000 miles. It was a great choice. With its peppy 3.2L V6 it's a good looker and (even for me at 72) fun to drive. It's now 9 yrs old with 72000+ miles and hasn't given us any problems whatsoever. When we bought it we chose to replace it's battery and tires, tinted it's windows and have changed it's oil every 3000 miles - nothing more - and today it still drives like a new car with reliability and very good fuel economy! The sole criticism is a higher level of road noise than it should have on an interstate. Other than that it's a really good car.

The major engine problem ruins
By Legalmanager on 08/17/07 17:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new from dealer and had 66,000 miles on it with a near perfect maintenance record, then this past week, the check engine light came on. I was told by the dealer I would need a rebuild engine at a cost of almost $8,000. I have since learned at various web sites, this is a common problem due to the infamous 2.7 liter engine and excessive oil sludge. A second, independent repair shop indicated this is a long known problem. After buying four brand new Chrysler cars over the past 20 years, I'm extremely disappointed with how they are taking care of (now-former) long term customers.

Proud owner
By adam on 03/25/07 09:32 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. It runs great and shifts smooth. Trunk space is unbelievable, And my passengers are just as comfortable as I am. It looks great too.

2000 Chrysler Concorde
By Unhappy on 03/05/07 20:53 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

We received this car from an estate. It was very well taken care of with only 62,000 miles. The car drives and handles great. Interior and trunk space are more than adequate. We've had to deal with some minor weather stripping problems. Then two months ago, the infamous 2.7 liter engine blew because of excessive oil sludge and timing chain problems. Chrysler has hired a company to deal with the engine problem claims. Their compensation is insulting and inadequate. Do not, under any circumstances, buy Chrysler products. I'm very disappointed with how they are taking care of their customers.

Disgusted in Janesville
By Lucy Eysnogle on 11/17/06 09:46 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Loved my 2000 Concorde - was a good car until the 2.7 engine blew up!!! Had taken very good care of car with oil changes religiously every 3000 miles and transmission changed every 40,000. Thoroughly disgusted to find that Chrysler knew about the problems with the 2.7 engine and did nothing about it!!! The Concorde was the 5th Dodge/Chrysler we bought. Never again - if Chrysler doesn't care about its customers and its products, I don't need to help keep them in business!! Just bought a 2007 Ford!!!

Don"t buy
By Randy on 08/21/06 09:27 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased mine used from a dealer after a three year lease was up by another owner. Drove well for the first while. At 74,000 miiles the 2.7 L engine blew, need to repalce or rebuild. After doing much research I found many major problems with this engine. Oil sludge builds up and the parts do not get lubricated. Chyrsler is not accepting responsiblity. Many, many people are stuck with repair bills in the thousands of dollars. I would not buy another.

Run from 2.7 engine
By mt on 08/19/06 13:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Great car until 2.7 Liter engine goes without notice, the $6500 repair for vehicle with low mileage. Chrysler will not help with major engine design problem.

owner
By Norman werkheiser on 04/15/06 18:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

This car is a very comfortable and reliable car is easy to drive gas milage 25 town and country, 29 trip uses no oil between changes, is in excellent condition inside and out, has no damage or dents

Beautiful Style for Family Car
By NF on 01/30/06 16:24 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

If you get the right color, this car's style/looks will be hard to beat. This is a roomy car with sleak line. Back seat leg room may be largest in its class. The one odd problem that I've encountered was a faulty gas cap. $10.00 for a replacement cap - no big deal. Although I've not had this problem, I've heard that Concorde 2.7 motors can go bad due to sludge. I'm wondering if synthetic oil would be a good defense against sludge. Does anyone know?

Great Boring Car!
By petesinbraintree on 07/22/05 20:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

What can I say, just a solid, reliable but boring ride! No issues in five years, reliability is really underrated for these cars. HUGE trunk and back seat, with two kids it hauls all sorts of stuff. Resale is horrible so if you're looking for one they are a bargain!