Used 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

2.7 Liter is troublesome
By John M

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car May of 06 with only 31K miles on it. Thought I was getting a great value because of the low mileage. NOT! A few days after I drove it off the lot the cam sensors failed and the engine stopped running - leaving me stranded on side of road. It was repaired at a cost of approx. $400, plus the $90 tow. After that it was OK except that it burned oil. Now, at 69K miles the engine has blown! I'm told it is a very common problem with the 2.7 liter V6 engine and Chrysler has a kit to repair it. I'm told it will cost between $1000-$1700 to fix this problem. Although I love the looks of this car, it is not worth the trouble. It is comfortable to drive and has nice lines.V6 is junk!

Body style is beautiful. Decent mileage for large car. I got 18/26 MPG. Comfortable seats and nice interior.

Don't rape your customers for a flawed engine. This engine should have been recalled because of all the problems that people have had.

A sinking ship
By Midwest Mom

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 3 1/2 years ago with 65,000 miles on it. I loved it for the first year, then the air conditioner stopped working, $1000 repair. The weather stripping around the doors is too small and had to be replaced. Another year later the door locks began making a horrible sound. Another year and a half later and the 2.7 L engine is trash, despite regular maintenance and religious oil changes every 3000 miles. This car does not even have 100,000 miles on it. I can't afford the $4000 repair, and many shops won't even work on this engine because they don't want to warranty it. Best offer I've had for the car is $50 after tow cost. I feel like I've been lied to and ripped off.

Car was roomy and comfortable. Pretty to look at and great for trips.

Chrysler should stand behind this product and take care of their customers. Since the car is out of warranty now, I'm getting the old "so sorry, there's nothing I can do" routine. This will be my last Chrysler product in this lifetime, for me and my entire family.

Poor Investment
By bowman271

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 78,000 miles. Aside from the door weather stripping problems this seemed to be a great car. Then at 102,000 the check engine light came on. I was told by Chrysler that the engine was known for trapping oil in the upper engine causing excessive oil sludge. This was the cause of my problems and because of this I had to replace the crank shaft sensor and another I can't name at the moment costing me $650.00. I was also told by Chrysler that I would need a rebuild in the near future witch would cost me $6 ,000-$7,000. This apparently is an existing problem since 1997 with the 2.7 lt engine. I will never buy a Chrysler again. Very, Very disappointed!

roomy and comfortable interior, huge trunk space,

needed to redesign engine, better weather stripping around doors

Just telling it how it is
By Rell

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Concorde in 2006. I'd been looking for one for over 6 months. When I found this one it rode out smooth, everything worked and it had 121,000 miles on it. I've since had it for almost three years and with it being used I've loved having it. I've never had to fix it, I used high mileage oil for performance and keep all my fluids changed as suggested. I love my Concorde.

None in particular

The only thing I don't like is the front passenger seats doesn't supply enough leg room to make the ride comfortable. Even without the console being between the front driver and passenger seats!

Chrysler Concorde from hell!
By JJG

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this (certified) 2.7 LIT, 2000 Chrysler Concorde w/67,000 miles, in February of 2004. After 2 months front hub assy failed. 2 months after that vibrating engine and oil lite stayed on. Renewed Engine put in. 2 Wks later speed sensors need to be replaced. After 1 year and 3 months renewed engine went out again. This car is just setting up with a car note/full insurance still on it and being paid!

Color, enjoyed it for the one year it did run. Mostly just brought oil changes and wiper blades and Gas.

Chrysler needs to Rectified the problem and repay people that they are stealing from, because of this poor quality vehicle. They made the mistake and we made the mistake of buying it. But, if we only knew before hand.