Used 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler Concorde Sedan

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By zenaeh92

2000 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2000 chrysler Concorde over 2 years ago and she's my baby. 100% reliable and this year as most reviews have reflected some years are bad with leaks and so on however the 2000 was the year that they fixed the tranny and lower motor leaks and seemingly fixed the seizing motor issue.

very spacey I have 2 kids and I love the huge trunk! I have 2 10inch subs in the trunk and still have tons of room!

the wood grain gloss they put on could be put on a little better the only downfall is mine started to peel a little but some clear nail polish fixed it right up.

Disappointed to say the least
By BL Elliott

2000 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I saved for months to buy this car. I loved the room in the back seat and trunk area is HUGE! Loved the streamline look of the car with leather and a sunroof. Then it started. A/C failed, power windows failed, rubber seals around the doors were falling off every time I opened the door, and don't dare take it to a car wash. And if that wasn't bad enough, the 2.7 engine started to "tick". Come to find out that this engine is famous for SLUDGE. It gets trapped in the top of the engine and kills the horsepower and overall performance of the car. Very disappointed in this "American" car. Makes me sad to know I might have to buy a foreign car to get some reliability. It's just sad.

Tons of room in the cab and trunk. Very sleek car, and really fun to drive.

Overall engine. It has cheap power window motors and power doors make a sound like a "goose" in the back. Motor sounds horrible and no one seems to care at Chrysler. BUYER BEWARE!

Best car in existence? 300k+ car
By Lincoln Schmidt

2000 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2001 with 60,000 miles already on it. He drove it mainly back and forth to work everyday (100 miles) So it racked up miles quickly. In 2006 he gave it to my sister with 260k who promptly ATTEMPTED to destroy it, she knocked out the bottom of the windshield washer fluid reservoir, crashed it into a ditch, backed it up into another car, and fried the A/C jumping it the wrong way. I got it in 09 with 280k. I still runs...and sprints, beautifully. People rap on the engine a lot and admittedly mines broke two, and interior rod snapped but that couldn't stop this car. It doesn't have quite as much acceleration as I would like but it is a massive car. It also gets 31 mpg highway..

Extremely spacious, extremely reliable, 31 mpg highway, good sound system. The things is indestructible. Gargantuan trunk.

Noisy because the seals are torn, terrible gas mileage cold (about 12 city). At least in mine, the tranny doesn't like shifting for 1st to second or vice versa, it bucks a little.

Engine
By chryslerhater

2000 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I cannot understand why a huge company like Chrysler produces such a poor product. the 2.7 liter engine is a joke. I have seen so many reviews of people having to replace it, completely ridiculous. I maintain the car perfectly, never drive above the speed limit, never accelerate fast, in others words, I baby it. And at 113,000 the engine goes out and when I am looking around for a used one I have had dealers literally laugh in my face because it is such a common item. In their words they "hardly ever see that engine unless it is blown" thanks for nothing Chrysler.

nice style, lots of room

Different engine

Awesome Ride
By Awesome Ride

2000 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great car with amazing miles(30+mpg). Bought it at 107k, drove 55k in 2 yrs now its 160K+. Luv ridin it,gives me gr8 pleasure.I never had any problem with 2.7l engine. Surprised with the reviews about bad engine.I always changed oil n other fluids for every 2500miles.I bought this car with all these probs:A/C not working, doesnt respond to computer for diagnostics Problems with the fuse: inside lights and trunk lid doent work. I dont consider these as major probs until it runs smooth n never leaves me in the middle of nowhere.Apart from these probs its a gr8 machine. I can strongly argue that i will use this for 3 more yrs(200K+). Even now it runs like brand new.

30mpg, back seating feels like heaven, gr8 for long drives.Huge trunk space almost like mini SUV. I really njoy drivin it. Handling is superb looks gr8.

Chrysler should respond to customers in more efficient way. I never had a situation to contact them, but i see many ppl lost their money buyin chrysler products.