2000 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By zenaeh92 on 11/06/13 14:56 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2000 chrysler Concorde over 2 years ago and she's my baby. 100% reliable and this year as most reviews have reflected some years are bad with leaks and so on however the 2000 was the year that they fixed the tranny and lower motor leaks and seemingly fixed the seizing motor issue.

Disappointed to say the least
By BL Elliott on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I saved for months to buy this car. I loved the room in the back seat and trunk area is HUGE! Loved the streamline look of the car with leather and a sunroof. Then it started. A/C failed, power windows failed, rubber seals around the doors were falling off every time I opened the door, and don't dare take it to a car wash. And if that wasn't bad enough, the 2.7 engine started to "tick". Come to find out that this engine is famous for SLUDGE. It gets trapped in the top of the engine and kills the horsepower and overall performance of the car. Very disappointed in this "American" car. Makes me sad to know I might have to buy a foreign car to get some reliability. It's just sad.

Best car in existence? 300k+ car
By Lincoln Schmidt on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2001 with 60,000 miles already on it. He drove it mainly back and forth to work everyday (100 miles) So it racked up miles quickly. In 2006 he gave it to my sister with 260k who promptly ATTEMPTED to destroy it, she knocked out the bottom of the windshield washer fluid reservoir, crashed it into a ditch, backed it up into another car, and fried the A/C jumping it the wrong way. I got it in 09 with 280k. I still runs...and sprints, beautifully. People rap on the engine a lot and admittedly mines broke two, and interior rod snapped but that couldn't stop this car. It doesn't have quite as much acceleration as I would like but it is a massive car. It also gets 31 mpg highway..

Engine
By chryslerhater on 04/29/10 01:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I cannot understand why a huge company like Chrysler produces such a poor product. the 2.7 liter engine is a joke. I have seen so many reviews of people having to replace it, completely ridiculous. I maintain the car perfectly, never drive above the speed limit, never accelerate fast, in others words, I baby it. And at 113,000 the engine goes out and when I am looking around for a used one I have had dealers literally laugh in my face because it is such a common item. In their words they "hardly ever see that engine unless it is blown" thanks for nothing Chrysler.

Awesome Ride
By Awesome Ride on 02/03/09 23:43 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Great car with amazing miles(30+mpg). Bought it at 107k, drove 55k in 2 yrs now its 160K+. Luv ridin it,gives me gr8 pleasure.I never had any problem with 2.7l engine. Surprised with the reviews about bad engine.I always changed oil n other fluids for every 2500miles.I bought this car with all these probs:A/C not working, doesnt respond to computer for diagnostics Problems with the fuse: inside lights and trunk lid doent work. I dont consider these as major probs until it runs smooth n never leaves me in the middle of nowhere.Apart from these probs its a gr8 machine. I can strongly argue that i will use this for 3 more yrs(200K+). Even now it runs like brand new.

2.7 Liter is troublesome
By John M on 10/20/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car May of 06 with only 31K miles on it. Thought I was getting a great value because of the low mileage. NOT! A few days after I drove it off the lot the cam sensors failed and the engine stopped running - leaving me stranded on side of road. It was repaired at a cost of approx. $400, plus the $90 tow. After that it was OK except that it burned oil. Now, at 69K miles the engine has blown! I'm told it is a very common problem with the 2.7 liter V6 engine and Chrysler has a kit to repair it. I'm told it will cost between $1000-$1700 to fix this problem. Although I love the looks of this car, it is not worth the trouble. It is comfortable to drive and has nice lines.V6 is junk!

A sinking ship
By Midwest Mom on 06/15/08 05:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 3 1/2 years ago with 65,000 miles on it. I loved it for the first year, then the air conditioner stopped working, $1000 repair. The weather stripping around the doors is too small and had to be replaced. Another year later the door locks began making a horrible sound. Another year and a half later and the 2.7 L engine is trash, despite regular maintenance and religious oil changes every 3000 miles. This car does not even have 100,000 miles on it. I can't afford the $4000 repair, and many shops won't even work on this engine because they don't want to warranty it. Best offer I've had for the car is $50 after tow cost. I feel like I've been lied to and ripped off.

Poor Investment
By bowman271 on 05/30/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle with 78,000 miles. Aside from the door weather stripping problems this seemed to be a great car. Then at 102,000 the check engine light came on. I was told by Chrysler that the engine was known for trapping oil in the upper engine causing excessive oil sludge. This was the cause of my problems and because of this I had to replace the crank shaft sensor and another I can't name at the moment costing me $650.00. I was also told by Chrysler that I would need a rebuild in the near future witch would cost me $6 ,000-$7,000. This apparently is an existing problem since 1997 with the 2.7 lt engine. I will never buy a Chrysler again. Very, Very disappointed!

Just telling it how it is
By Rell on 05/24/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Concorde in 2006. I'd been looking for one for over 6 months. When I found this one it rode out smooth, everything worked and it had 121,000 miles on it. I've since had it for almost three years and with it being used I've loved having it. I've never had to fix it, I used high mileage oil for performance and keep all my fluids changed as suggested. I love my Concorde.

Chrysler Concorde from hell!
By JJG on 01/14/08 16:48 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this (certified) 2.7 LIT, 2000 Chrysler Concorde w/67,000 miles, in February of 2004. After 2 months front hub assy failed. 2 months after that vibrating engine and oil lite stayed on. Renewed Engine put in. 2 Wks later speed sensors need to be replaced. After 1 year and 3 months renewed engine went out again. This car is just setting up with a car note/full insurance still on it and being paid!