2000 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By zenaeh92 on 11/06/13 14:56 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 2000 chrysler Concorde over 2 years ago and she's my baby. 100% reliable and this year as most reviews have reflected some years are bad with leaks and so on however the 2000 was the year that they fixed the tranny and lower motor leaks and seemingly fixed the seizing motor issue.

looks do not count when it comes to cars
By ponyboyex on 02/07/13 23:22 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

i bought a 2000 chrysler concord lxi about 4 years ago IT LOOKED GREAT and it had alot of luxurious features which got me to buy it it was $3000 and had 118000 miles which is not bad for a 7 year old car or so i thought about two weeks later i walked out of my house to what looked like a murder scene, transmission fluid covered my drive way which which cost me $1600 to fix and since then i had nothing but troubles and heart ace from it the car over heated all the time even though i fixed the thermostat, water pump,radiator and the fans in it and when i took it to the Chrysler dealership they were baffled. wouldn't recommend it to anyone and i learned not to go for looks only performance

Amazing Ride
By kasmic253 on 12/08/11 01:04 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 2000 Concorde LXi for $3000 in Augest and im proud to say that this is an amazing yet huge car! I put 4 new Michelin tires on it but my father got the darkest window tints on it and I can barely see backing up at night...oh well. I'd like to get a backup camera installed just for this reason. Fully loaded with practically everything reasonable. Sunroof, 4 disk cd changer, etc. Only probs are that the ride side of the cup holder is broke is annoying but looks funny and some of the paint is scratched because I brought from a concrete contracter guy and the passenenger window doesnt roll down but I am fixing it here soon. Amazing 3.2L DO NOT GET THE 2.7 OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

Disappointed to say the least
By BL Elliott on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I saved for months to buy this car. I loved the room in the back seat and trunk area is HUGE! Loved the streamline look of the car with leather and a sunroof. Then it started. A/C failed, power windows failed, rubber seals around the doors were falling off every time I opened the door, and don't dare take it to a car wash. And if that wasn't bad enough, the 2.7 engine started to "tick". Come to find out that this engine is famous for SLUDGE. It gets trapped in the top of the engine and kills the horsepower and overall performance of the car. Very disappointed in this "American" car. Makes me sad to know I might have to buy a foreign car to get some reliability. It's just sad.

Best car in existence? 300k+ car
By Lincoln Schmidt on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car in 2001 with 60,000 miles already on it. He drove it mainly back and forth to work everyday (100 miles) So it racked up miles quickly. In 2006 he gave it to my sister with 260k who promptly ATTEMPTED to destroy it, she knocked out the bottom of the windshield washer fluid reservoir, crashed it into a ditch, backed it up into another car, and fried the A/C jumping it the wrong way. I got it in 09 with 280k. I still runs...and sprints, beautifully. People rap on the engine a lot and admittedly mines broke two, and interior rod snapped but that couldn't stop this car. It doesn't have quite as much acceleration as I would like but it is a massive car. It also gets 31 mpg highway..

What a car
By 522jansen32 on 05/20/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I received this car from my Dad after about 5 years of heavy use. Even with the extremely high millage, this car preforms as if brand new. There have been no major repairs to the car (except for the radiator which was my fault) and it is so reliable, even in the coldest of the winter days. When my friends and I go on long trips, we always will take my car because no other car even comes close to comparing to its comfort level! I love this car so much and would have gladly paid twice the price we originally got it for. Thank you Chrysler!

Engine
By chryslerhater on 04/29/10 01:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I cannot understand why a huge company like Chrysler produces such a poor product. the 2.7 liter engine is a joke. I have seen so many reviews of people having to replace it, completely ridiculous. I maintain the car perfectly, never drive above the speed limit, never accelerate fast, in others words, I baby it. And at 113,000 the engine goes out and when I am looking around for a used one I have had dealers literally laugh in my face because it is such a common item. In their words they "hardly ever see that engine unless it is blown" thanks for nothing Chrysler.

Franky Z.
By Franky Z. on 01/22/10 09:43 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

i just purchased this car and i am for the most happy i did.I have only had it for afew days,but i am concerned about the weather stripping.Can anyone let me know how much it might cost to replace it on all four doors?

Awesome Ride
By Awesome Ride on 02/03/09 23:43 PM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Great car with amazing miles(30+mpg). Bought it at 107k, drove 55k in 2 yrs now its 160K+. Luv ridin it,gives me gr8 pleasure.I never had any problem with 2.7l engine. Surprised with the reviews about bad engine.I always changed oil n other fluids for every 2500miles.I bought this car with all these probs:A/C not working, doesnt respond to computer for diagnostics Problems with the fuse: inside lights and trunk lid doent work. I dont consider these as major probs until it runs smooth n never leaves me in the middle of nowhere.Apart from these probs its a gr8 machine. I can strongly argue that i will use this for 3 more yrs(200K+). Even now it runs like brand new.

2.7 Liter is troublesome
By John M on 10/20/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car May of 06 with only 31K miles on it. Thought I was getting a great value because of the low mileage. NOT! A few days after I drove it off the lot the cam sensors failed and the engine stopped running - leaving me stranded on side of road. It was repaired at a cost of approx. $400, plus the $90 tow. After that it was OK except that it burned oil. Now, at 69K miles the engine has blown! I'm told it is a very common problem with the 2.7 liter V6 engine and Chrysler has a kit to repair it. I'm told it will cost between $1000-$1700 to fix this problem. Although I love the looks of this car, it is not worth the trouble. It is comfortable to drive and has nice lines.V6 is junk!