Used 1999 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

CPA's report on car-
By Craig

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Bought car at 30,000 mis., now nearly at 100,000 mis. Overall, a good car. One of the best looking big cars ever. Good looking interior, too. I've had a number of repairs over the 5 years I've owned the car, but nothing big - speed sensor, power window gears, cooling fan motors. The paint is still in good shape. I read about transmission problems on these cars, but are they using the right fluid? I've never had any trans. problems, but I've used the right fluid and had the fluid changed at recommended service intervals. My only remaining question: can I get it up to 200,000 miles?

Great styling, very good gas mileage. Interior has held up well.

Front end of car is too low-srapes on curbs, etc. I wish the ride was a little softer-a little less road noise.

LOVE the car, but a few problems
By ConcordeOwner

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

The car is awesome to drive! But....I have only had it four months and have put about 400.00 into repairs already. First, which is not the cars fault, I had to replace the battery. But the battery location made it where I had to take the car to a garage. Second, the starter just went out, and the location of the starter also made it where I had to take it to a garage. So....I am afraid of what is next! But the inside and outside design is GREAT! Huge trunk, every thing powered, keyless entry, all the comforts that most people enjoy! And I think the pickup and power for that size car is great. On the interstate, you can fly and hardly feel like your moving!

Love the Inside and how roomy it is, I think the sound system is pretty decent, love the temperatur/other info display, powered everything, keyless entry, easy to drive, good pickup, just all around a nice car!

I have only had the car a few months, but I hope it will be reliable! :-)

Concorde Great Buy
By janelle711

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

No major or minor problems with mechanical or body integrity. Fun to drive, great gas mileage for a car this size without compromising on pick up. Tons of rear leg room and comfy seating for three. I would buy it again if I had the choice. I chose this over Camry, Avalon, and Accord and am happy with my choice after two years.

Full-time traction control for bad weather is great, trip calculator tells me what kind of gas mileage I am getting and the outside temperature.

Looks and size matter but no Toyota
By California Bob

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Bought it new for wife. Told her Toyota Avalon would be more reliable with better resale but she would not have it. Bought a gold LXI pretty much on looks and size. Dodge Intrepid was sportier but since we were expecting a child, trunk opening made the difference. Minivans at the time required removal of last seat to put anything more than a few grocery bags in... forget about it! Mostly pleased @6 years /36k miles but is no Toyota in terms of reliability or resale. Same problems you see others write about: transmission speed sensors (my dealer GOT ME for $800!); rubber grommets around headlights; power lock failures; 3 recalls (seat belt bolt, seat back bolt, shifter)

Looks, comfort, utility/size (especially trunk), good ride/handling/performance for large car; power everything; Infinity sound system; automatic climate control

For this class: less wind/road noise; firmer break peddle; better leather; memory seats (available with LHS/300 model); better stock tires (Goodyear gone in 24k) - replaced w/Yokohama Avid Touring; paint match between plastic & metal on some colors; better quality; battery cable rubs right tie rod

Beauty only skin deep
By anthoney

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I owned the car for two and a half years; bought at 39,000 miles and sold at 74,000. Problems during ownership; air conditioning, power window, and transmission speed sensor failures, and the radio was erratic. The main reason for selling the vehicle was my experience with a 1996 Chrysler LHS. It appears that a typical "LH" car can become problematic after 75,000 miles. Based on NHTSA info, I was very concerned that the 2.7 liter V6 might fail prematurely. Also, the steering was making weird noises. I now own a Toyota.

Exterior styling, interior space, huge trunk, good fuel economy

Chrysler need to improve their mechanical systems. The combination of repair bills and high depreciation is tough to deal with.