1999 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
CPA's report on car-
By Craig on 01/20/06 23:45 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Bought car at 30,000 mis., now nearly at 100,000 mis. Overall, a good car. One of the best looking big cars ever. Good looking interior, too. I've had a number of repairs over the 5 years I've owned the car, but nothing big - speed sensor, power window gears, cooling fan motors. The paint is still in good shape. I read about transmission problems on these cars, but are they using the right fluid? I've never had any trans. problems, but I've used the right fluid and had the fluid changed at recommended service intervals. My only remaining question: can I get it up to 200,000 miles?

LOVE the car, but a few problems
By ConcordeOwner on 11/30/05 21:53 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

The car is awesome to drive! But....I have only had it four months and have put about 400.00 into repairs already. First, which is not the cars fault, I had to replace the battery. But the battery location made it where I had to take the car to a garage. Second, the starter just went out, and the location of the starter also made it where I had to take it to a garage. So....I am afraid of what is next! But the inside and outside design is GREAT! Huge trunk, every thing powered, keyless entry, all the comforts that most people enjoy! And I think the pickup and power for that size car is great. On the interstate, you can fly and hardly feel like your moving!

Concorde Great Buy
By janelle711 on 06/25/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

No major or minor problems with mechanical or body integrity. Fun to drive, great gas mileage for a car this size without compromising on pick up. Tons of rear leg room and comfy seating for three. I would buy it again if I had the choice. I chose this over Camry, Avalon, and Accord and am happy with my choice after two years.

Looks and size matter but no Toyota
By California Bob on 12/09/04 02:46 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Bought it new for wife. Told her Toyota Avalon would be more reliable with better resale but she would not have it. Bought a gold LXI pretty much on looks and size. Dodge Intrepid was sportier but since we were expecting a child, trunk opening made the difference. Minivans at the time required removal of last seat to put anything more than a few grocery bags in... forget about it! Mostly pleased @6 years /36k miles but is no Toyota in terms of reliability or resale. Same problems you see others write about: transmission speed sensors (my dealer GOT ME for $800!); rubber grommets around headlights; power lock failures; 3 recalls (seat belt bolt, seat back bolt, shifter)

Beauty only skin deep
By anthoney on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I owned the car for two and a half years; bought at 39,000 miles and sold at 74,000. Problems during ownership; air conditioning, power window, and transmission speed sensor failures, and the radio was erratic. The main reason for selling the vehicle was my experience with a 1996 Chrysler LHS. It appears that a typical "LH" car can become problematic after 75,000 miles. Based on NHTSA info, I was very concerned that the 2.7 liter V6 might fail prematurely. Also, the steering was making weird noises. I now own a Toyota.

Good Design / Bad Construction
By FLA on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

If only it was built as well as it was designed! 2 window motors in 3 years. Rear window glass replaced when defogger quit. 4 trunk lid pistons replaced - going bad again. Headlight gaskets won't stay on. Driver's window retainer clip broken - falls off track. Door panels loose - driver's & left rear. Hood trim moulding flew off on highway. Radiator fan motor quit at 48K - $200. Speed sensor bad at 59K $110 - had to be towed in. Fuel gauge sensor bad 60K, A/C intermittent since day 1 - Evaporator core now bad $1200 to repair.

concorde lxi
By cygnus on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

have enjoyed this car, roomy,easy to drive, rounded fenders make it hard to tell where they are when parking,A/C went out and expensive to replace, not bad milage

Owning has been an excellent experience.
By Ownedminesince1998 on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

A great looking car, handles superbly on long trips. Has the lowest driving-associated fatigue of any I've owned. Interior and trunk space are incredible. Fully loaded gets ~30 mpg on trips. Has been very reliable so far (75000 miles). Problems- Transmission sensor replaced under warranty, Developed window sticking, solved by cycling up and down weekly to keep them unstuck. This is the only design/engineering flaw that has disappointed me. Getting Michelins as replacement tires has improved road noise. Having driven a lot of rental cars, by comparison, I cannot understand why this car is not rated higher. Plan to keep 10 years.

NEVER AGAIN!!!
By sucker4lemon on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

We bought the car on 02/03/2003 on 2/14/03 the center brake light (in the back window) stopped working it took them to replace it entirely 02/07/03 Driver side window slow going up they lubed it said it would work 02/14/03 driver side window clicking noise when going down, upon inspection found excessive body flex (whatever that is) 03/06/03 driver side window stops half way upon inspection the window regulator cable was snapped replaced regulator and cable .now 04/2004 the windows are still broken and the transmission is going! DONT BUY THIS CAR

Chrysler LXi
By verajh on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. It is luxurious and very comfortable for traveling.