1999 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Love it!
By Goussous on 12/03/08 04:32 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Beautiful car, I bought it at 10,000 miles. The guy that used it before barely used it so it was like buying a brand new car! Fast, slick, hot, beautiful and sexy. Kick down is amazingly fast!

Please do not buy this car!
By Mnshine77 on 11/01/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

This car has given my husband and I the biggest headache of our lives for two years. It is now sitting in our driveway, not running and we are trying to sell it as is and telling them they have to tow it away, because I refuse to put another penny into it! Timing chain has gone twice, air conditioning has been fixed numerous times and still doesn't work, trunk won't stay up, driver window won't go down, replaced battery numerous times, dash cluster replaced, starter replaced, car takes forever to start when you turn the key, seals around windows, paint chipping, etc. So many other things I can't recall because they have all run together! Wish I could drive this car into the lake.

Keep breaking down
By Brian Monette on 07/30/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car on January 1 2001. I had a bad wheel alignment when i bought the car. The right wheel bearing let go about 1 month after. A few months later i was backing out of my driveway and the reverse let go, no reverse. Lucky I had a warranty. A garage rebuilt the transmission and it cost about $2300. Three years later the transmission let go but now the drive gear, back to the garage i go. They said that they had to rebuild it again another $2300, but i said forget it. Then the right and left power widows let go. The muffler had a small leak and that was $800 dollars because it's a one piece stainless steel. I traded it for a new car, its worth $50 bucks now. scrap.

Not bad
By My 99 on 06/02/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

First owner was an elderly man who passed away and the family did not drive for several years. Since I have had it, I put 10K on it so far and it has been great. Just wish it had more passing power when I travel, but the gas mileage makes up for it. Able to get to PHX to Las Vegas on just a little under half tank. Not bad for a sedan this size. Tons of leg room. No problems so far at almost 40K. Hope it keeps up the good work.

Great Car
By mal666 on 04/08/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I have a 99 Concorde with 103,000 miles now. It's been a reliable car very luxurious for the money besides 1 starter and 1 ac condenser. No problems at all. If you are thinking on buying one of this cars smart decision.

Upset!!!!
By pissed on 03/19/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

i had bought this 1999 chrysler concorde 3.2 a lil over a year ago, and i brought it to someone to look at and everything came back good so i bought it. About 3 months after i bought the car i had put over way to much in to it! i had to put a new battery, timing belt, water pump, head gasket, head cylinder, new engine. Then i have problems with the lights in the car, pass window motor went out, driver window went off track more then once, trunk wont stay open had it fixed 3 times, the gas millage is sooooo bad! Then only good thing about the car is it is roomy and the body looks nice.

Where Do I Start?
By DESTINY1SEPT on 02/19/08 13:51 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in a hurry when the transmission on my old car gave out. I needed a car ASAP, so I didn't take a lot of time to look around. BIG MISTAKE! The first few months I had it the cow on the hood flew off in the highway, luckily it didn't hit anyone. Weeks after I bought it the back seat windows stopped working, will not raise up and down. My engine and transmission light come on every other week, have to put fluid in it all the time. Both front door handles are broken off. Top overhead lights don't work. CD player stopped working a year after I bought it. And just last week my window got off track for the second time, and the glass shattered all over me. NEVER BUY A CRYSLER!!!!

2.7 Ltr. problems
By C. Renard on 02/05/07 03:43 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Bought it used in a rush to replace our totaled truck. It looked great, rode great but was a wolf in sheep's clothing. What a mistake!!! 2 weeks after buying the car I found out about the 2.7 liter engine problems. I babied the car in hopes it would get us by until the insurance settlement was paid. No such luck- 8 months later the motor blew. I found out later this was actually the 2nd motor for this car and it had less than 50,000 miles on it. What a piece of junk.

Engine Failure
By Concorde on 01/26/07 18:34 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Oh my God! Don't be fooled by the looks of this car. Changed my oil every 3,000 miles. Was going to work yesterday and it had to be towed. Mechanic said it needed a new engine!! Looked on the internet. Very common with this car. Now a have a 1999 Concorde worth nothing. I'll have to pay to have it taken away!!! Please check the internet.

Trouble in disguise
By TwistedTornado on 01/28/06 23:18 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 99 Concorde and I have to say it looks great!...BUT....I'm already experiencing problems even though it was certified and CARFAX came clean. My climate control doesnt light up and column lights for gears don't light up. Brakes has become a problem and in need of repair. Seals around the headlight is comming apart and will be costly to replace@200 a piece. Just wanted to add that I have had it only a week! Luckily I purchased a warranty that covers it except the headlights. $400 down and who knows whats next.