Used 1999 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

Iacoka's Iatola idea to save Chrysler??
By ragtoprita

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I would give $4000 to have seen these reviews before I spent it on this junk- of-an-idea-car-design-to-save-Chrysler I signed the last paper & problems started. 4 wks later (bought the car oct. 24)it has been towed twice, broke down 30% of the time I've owned it, and has cost $1500 additional and counting. Who's the "Lame-Brain" that designed a motor with the water pump "inside" so it would practically destroy the motor when (not if) the water pump goes down. Mine did after 3 weeks. Many other problems arose before I could get it towed to the mechanic and he's got a fulltime job as long as even one Concorde is left on the road. Way to save a lost automobile corporation IaIdiot. What a curse.!

Favorite Features

Roomy inside, rides like a dream

Suggested Improvements

The manufacturer improved the car 100% when they stopped production after this piece of brilliance couldn't save Chrysler even in a dream. Mechanical design was a costly flop for us poor Americans. I'll take a Toyota please.

Love that car!
By Chrysler Concord

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

If you can live with almost 100% failure of door handles,window motors,cup holder and upper hood molding strip,the rest is pure joy to drive and comfort to ride in. I am trying to decide between a new car or a rebuilt engine in the 143,000 mile Concord that is using oil every couple of weeks. They don't make them like this now that are affordable for the normal person who can't afford a luxury vehicle.

Favorite Features

1)The body style (smiley face grill!). 2)The ease in driving. 3)The large and comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Stricter quality control on parts that are known to fail, or extended warranty on their replacement.

Dead Engine
By Chargers

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Have loved this car for its size and comfort for many years, however have also lived with the problems for many years too! Bought in 1999 with 10,000 miles. Headlight grommets started coming off a long time ago, lived with it. Been hit on the head with the trunk after a few years, replaced lifts. Dash and lights have been flickering bright & dim for many years, figured it was not worth paying to have researched, so we have lived with that. Back and side windows stopped working a few years ago, lived with that, until my driver side completely died, put in over $1,000 last year to fix those, since the air died also. Now, now with no warning, the Engine just Died!

Favorite Features

Interior Size and Trunk Space.

Suggested Improvements

An engine that lasts more than 83,000 miles, and some hint that something is wrong before it completely ties up! The oil light did not even light up, and I checked it the day before since it starting going through a quart a month about a year ago.

Good Car
By AL

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with only 30K and it has been great. The gas mileage is the best. Not much power but I can get 340 miles before the low fuel light comes on. Great when gas prices go up and down. Has the smaller 2.7 liter but Ice cold A/C. OH, and the trunk space is even better. I hope this car can last me. No complaints here.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, and the space

Suggested Improvements

A little more power but no complaints.

Good Car
By phillip

1999 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

This car handles good, and drives very smooth. The only thing I have had go wrong is a ball joint. I had the car completly checked by GM certified personal. They said the car was in great condition and 95% was original. No problems just basic maintenance. If you don't take good care of it you can run into problems though. Must take care of transmission.

Favorite Features

Overall body look, very sleek. Inside has alot of room for everyperson in car. No problems with inside at all.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can say that needs improved is the windows come of track every once in a while for no apparent reason, but easy to fix.