1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
I LOVE My Concorde!
By Tim on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This is a wonderful Car ! My only problems ? I bought an extra key . Locks / unlocks only . I mixed up my keys one day . I could not have stolen it if I had tried . It would start for a second then die . Twice . then it disabled totally . It had a hose lak in the radiator . Ran hot . I replaced the hose . added coolant . after it had cooled . Disabled , becaus I left off the radiator cap and tried to start it . I am so impressed with this car ! It has over 156000 miles on it . Runs and performs flawlessly . The trunk lifters are broken . I just don't care I use 2 dowels !!!Works for me would be the whole descpirtion for the whole car . My wife loves it ! Her last car was a Camry . Better!

RUN AWAY from a 2.7 Liter SludgeMobile
By Former Chrysler Fan on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Car was great for the 1st 100000 miles Then at 100k Dreaded SLUDGE problem destroyed the motor I had always maintained the car correctly, with good quality oil but the poor design of the 2.7 liter motor ( small capacity , small oil galleys ) allows sludge to build up and prevent proper engine lubrication. The timing chain broke, and that was all she wrote, valves smashed into pistons, junque! My last Chrysler, as they refused to acknowledge there was a problem with this motor, or offer any warranty support at all . Boo and shame on you Chrysler

No Regrets
By WELL PLEASED on 06/18/10 17:12 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car 3.2 L engine with 15,000 miles on the odometer. I now have 93,000 miles on the odometer and just had my first major problem. The AC is not cooling and the vehicle is running hot. My Repair bill will be $1,200, but I think it is well worth it since I have not had any problems in the past. I plan on keeping it another 10 years

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi
By PalHal on 04/15/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 2000 w/ only 340 miles on it. Very roomy and comfortable and excellent gas mileage for size. Trunk lid stabilizers replaced twice. This year, 2010, with only 54,000 miles started having numerous electrical problems. Engine started stopping. Had to replace Powertrain Computer Module. Very expensive. Probably spent 2-3,000 dollars in repairs over the years. Lucky that I bought extended warranty. Finally gave up and got rid of it. Wish I had seen these reviews before I bought it.

my biggest mistake
By chigalnomore on 01/25/10 11:08 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I wanted a car loaded that looked good and that is what i got. Too bad the car spent more time with the mechanic that being driven. I less than 2 years repalced radiator , water pump/timing chain twice cooling fan motors, starter, numerous sensors, 3 power window motors fuel pump and engine ocntrol module. I invested 5,000 in parts and repairs on top of the 5800 i spent when i purchased it new Car has been in shop for over 8 weeks with electrical problems and i am hoping to get at least 250. as is. Will never buy a chrysler product again.

Iacoka's Iatola idea to save Chrysler??
By ragtoprita on 11/24/09 22:03 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I would give $4000 to have seen these reviews before I spent it on this junk- of-an-idea-car-design-to-save-Chrysler I signed the last paper & problems started. 4 wks later (bought the car oct. 24)it has been towed twice, broke down 30% of the time I've owned it, and has cost $1500 additional and counting. Who's the "Lame-Brain" that designed a motor with the water pump "inside" so it would practically destroy the motor when (not if) the water pump goes down. Mine did after 3 weeks. Many other problems arose before I could get it towed to the mechanic and he's got a fulltime job as long as even one Concorde is left on the road. Way to save a lost automobile corporation IaIdiot. What a curse.!

Love that car!
By Chrysler Concord on 07/28/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

If you can live with almost 100% failure of door handles,window motors,cup holder and upper hood molding strip,the rest is pure joy to drive and comfort to ride in. I am trying to decide between a new car or a rebuilt engine in the 143,000 mile Concord that is using oil every couple of weeks. They don't make them like this now that are affordable for the normal person who can't afford a luxury vehicle.

Dead Engine
By Chargers on 05/17/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have loved this car for its size and comfort for many years, however have also lived with the problems for many years too! Bought in 1999 with 10,000 miles. Headlight grommets started coming off a long time ago, lived with it. Been hit on the head with the trunk after a few years, replaced lifts. Dash and lights have been flickering bright & dim for many years, figured it was not worth paying to have researched, so we have lived with that. Back and side windows stopped working a few years ago, lived with that, until my driver side completely died, put in over $1,000 last year to fix those, since the air died also. Now, now with no warning, the Engine just Died!

Good Car
By AL on 02/12/09 20:38 PM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with only 30K and it has been great. The gas mileage is the best. Not much power but I can get 340 miles before the low fuel light comes on. Great when gas prices go up and down. Has the smaller 2.7 liter but Ice cold A/C. OH, and the trunk space is even better. I hope this car can last me. No complaints here.

Good Car
By phillip on 01/15/09 05:44 AM (PST)

1999 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car handles good, and drives very smooth. The only thing I have had go wrong is a ball joint. I had the car completly checked by GM certified personal. They said the car was in great condition and 95% was original. No problems just basic maintenance. If you don't take good care of it you can run into problems though. Must take care of transmission.