1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
Loved this car!
By dsherrill on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have been through several cars, and this by was my favorite!! Unfortunately, a buck deer brought an early end to my car.. The car handled great, was luxurious, and was absolutely beautiful! I will miss her dearly. I am currently looking at a 300M to take her place.

Awful
By Hated it on 01/06/10 16:47 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

We bought our car in 2006. Our biggest problems have been....in order to get to the battery, you have to jack up the car and take the front wheel off; You can't possibly change the headlight bulbs yourself; the brake lines went; the front drivers side seat broke; the gas gage broke; the headlights have to have the scratches buffed out at least once a year; the check engine light never came on untill the day the engine went...no warning; oh, and the windsheild design makes you feel sick when you drive it.

Decent Car for the money
By Chris on 03/28/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought my LXi wrecked with 29000 miles and rebuilt it. It now has 86000 and still runs great. At 10 years old, it's showing its age. Comments: The 3.2 is a great engine. Could (and does)go to 150,000 if cared for. The 2.7 is horrible. Stay away at all costs. I agree with other posters: Gas mileage is very good ~25-27mpg for a big car. Car is huge inside. Things wear out on this car like any other (battery, air cond, brakes, waterpumps, etc.). Has an issue with the automatic air conditioning display. The display will quit displaying the temp, but the buttons, and control still function normally. To me, not a huge deal.

Great Find!
By jboo1623 on 11/23/08 17:02 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I live in Michigan and the winters for those of us who live here can be brutal! I purchased this car from a small mom and pops dealership. I have the car now for about two years and I have no complaints being a used car with over 142,000 miles! I bought the car with 110,000 miles. I have not had any repair issues other then your regular oil change, and tires that I have purchased. I too agree the the rubber strip around the head lights is a pain. Keep popping out. The ride is quiet and solid. The air is awesome and I have turned it down many times because it was freezing me out. This is a great car for a used vehicle. I do expect to get another 100,000 miles. Great used car!

Best car I've ever owned
By Jay Keesling on 11/05/08 13:14 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

3.2L engine, great power. Leather interior attractive. Infinity sound system-superior, mileage on road 30.7mpg. Only major repairs were replacing the ignition switch which had a short in it and air conditioning evaporator which developed a leak. Battery difficult to get to with access at front passenger wheel well. Huge trunk, overhead console with trip meter, compass, mpg calculations, distance till empty features.

Car broke down in 4 days of having
By Latisha on 10/22/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 4 days and it broke down on me. I do think this is a great car if you buy it from a reliable source. I think this car already had this major problem, and the dealer was dishonest. I bought this car as-is, but under the understanding that the car was running fine and didn't have any major problems. The economy is at it worst and you have people out there taking advantage of people; trying to fill their pockets while someone else is left in the cold. I feel so used and hadn't been able to sleep behide this.

2.7 litre engine stinks on 98 Concorde
By Pamalama on 05/26/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I loved my Concorde and would never have dreamed that 2 years after I purchased it and paid off a $9,000.00 dollar loan I wouldn't be driving it anymore. The engine blew unexpectedly. I have heard so many people now say that the 2.7 engine stinks and the car engine was not built correctly. I can't believe Chrysler has not opted to help the customer out and recall these cars because of this, I work hard for my money and now have to sink my money into another car. Do not buy a Chrysler Concorde with a 2.7 engine, they stink.

1998 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr LXi Sedan
By Dusty on 05/04/08 23:35 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Concorde used but with low mileage. It has been an excellent vehicle and joy to drive. The 3.2 v-6 has ran great. One tune up at 98,000 miles and the use of Amsoil syn 10x30 has had the engine getting excellent mileage and no problems. The only problem was the power steering unit that went bad twice and was replaced under warranty at around 60,000 miles. I had purchased an extended warranty. My son has the vehicle now and it has 115,000 miles and running great.

Best Used Car for the Buck
By MarineViper on 11/16/07 21:55 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Bought with 135,000 miles and this has to be one of the most appealling large American family car, this is coming from a 21 year old. Great fuel mileage, takes the abuse I give it well. Added mods: cold air intake, and small bumper mods. One of the easiest to work on new cars I ever worked on as well.

Just the Truth. I love this Car!
By A747ace on 09/22/07 21:38 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Just simply the best car I have ever owned. I have had many other makes and have driven for over 40 years.