Used 1998 Chrysler Concorde LXi Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

Great vehicle
By E. Barto

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is great. Great interior, comfortable and very roomy and the trunk space is huge. It drives smoothly and handles well.

Loved this car!
By dsherrill

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have been through several cars, and this by was my favorite!! Unfortunately, a buck deer brought an early end to my car.. The car handled great, was luxurious, and was absolutely beautiful! I will miss her dearly. I am currently looking at a 300M to take her place.

Excellent style! Rich interior- leather seats and wood grain. Plenty of power! Decent gas mileage.

Foggy head lights.

Awful
By Hated it

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

We bought our car in 2006. Our biggest problems have been....in order to get to the battery, you have to jack up the car and take the front wheel off; You can't possibly change the headlight bulbs yourself; the brake lines went; the front drivers side seat broke; the gas gage broke; the headlights have to have the scratches buffed out at least once a year; the check engine light never came on untill the day the engine went...no warning; oh, and the windsheild design makes you feel sick when you drive it.

Seats are comfortable untill they break

Design.

Decent Car for the money
By Chris

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought my LXi wrecked with 29000 miles and rebuilt it. It now has 86000 and still runs great. At 10 years old, it's showing its age. Comments: The 3.2 is a great engine. Could (and does)go to 150,000 if cared for. The 2.7 is horrible. Stay away at all costs. I agree with other posters: Gas mileage is very good ~25-27mpg for a big car. Car is huge inside. Things wear out on this car like any other (battery, air cond, brakes, waterpumps, etc.). Has an issue with the automatic air conditioning display. The display will quit displaying the temp, but the buttons, and control still function normally. To me, not a huge deal.

Infinity stereo isn't too bad.

Leather seats look tough over time. Plasticky interior. Hazing of headlight lenses, rubber around headlights falls apart.

Great Find!
By jboo1623

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I live in Michigan and the winters for those of us who live here can be brutal! I purchased this car from a small mom and pops dealership. I have the car now for about two years and I have no complaints being a used car with over 142,000 miles! I bought the car with 110,000 miles. I have not had any repair issues other then your regular oil change, and tires that I have purchased. I too agree the the rubber strip around the head lights is a pain. Keep popping out. The ride is quiet and solid. The air is awesome and I have turned it down many times because it was freezing me out. This is a great car for a used vehicle. I do expect to get another 100,000 miles. Great used car!

Nice body style. Gigantic trunk space, bigger then out "99 Cadillac DeVille! Comfortable and smooth ride with better then average mileage.I researched both engines in this vehicle, the 2.7 had "stay away" all over it. The 3.2 is an a solid reliable motor. The auto climate control is flawless!

Better stripping around the headlights. Heated seats in the LXi would be great!