1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
first chrysler
By jmj on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i just got this car 12/2010 i drove goldie from end of town to another end on the hwy oh thats what i call her. and really getting down on it it was about a 30mi drive and the car drove like my 97 deville great the 3.2 V6 motor was great pasting cars in my way the car has 153***mi on it and it drives like it just 100 mi on it i like this car so far and it looks good gold on gold nice leather no cranks big i mean big truck room. i drove to work to day and my job is about 20 to 30 minutes from home so thats a drive but i dont mine it in this car it rides good it relaxing i give this car 4.5 star so far.

Loved this car!
By dsherrill on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have been through several cars, and this by was my favorite!! Unfortunately, a buck deer brought an early end to my car.. The car handled great, was luxurious, and was absolutely beautiful! I will miss her dearly. I am currently looking at a 300M to take her place.

Great, up to a point
By MissSally on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car a year ago from my grandfather, and it had 183,000 miles on it then. It had been well- maintained, but over the past year it's needed a new starter, a new battery, a new timing belt kit, a new water pump, and a new serpentine belt. It also developed a weird problem where, after stopping and starting several times in succession (as in running errands) it wouldn't start for awhile, and no one could ever diagnose what that was. The car now has 198,000 miles on it and I'm done sinking money into it - I'm getting rid of it! However, this car performed great for a long time and took a lot of abuse well.

A more than decent car
By nursecrd on 06/01/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car to replace my wife's 1989 Eagle Premier. The Concorde chassis is based on the Eagle. Car is a very comfortable and eats freeway miles without a problem. Engine power is more than adequate and drive train noise is minimal although coarse road surface noise is transmitted to the interior. Handling with good performance tires (HR or VR) is very good. Stock rubber, Goodyears were beyond terrible. Mechanically the car has been sound. Had one software failure, had the brakes redone, and the oil pan gasket replaced. The 2.7 L V-6 is a good yet sophisticated engine and you should use a good synthetic oil in this engine to prevent any issues.

Awful
By Hated it on 01/06/10 16:47 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

We bought our car in 2006. Our biggest problems have been....in order to get to the battery, you have to jack up the car and take the front wheel off; You can't possibly change the headlight bulbs yourself; the brake lines went; the front drivers side seat broke; the gas gage broke; the headlights have to have the scratches buffed out at least once a year; the check engine light never came on untill the day the engine went...no warning; oh, and the windsheild design makes you feel sick when you drive it.

Decent Car for the money
By Chris on 03/28/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought my LXi wrecked with 29000 miles and rebuilt it. It now has 86000 and still runs great. At 10 years old, it's showing its age. Comments: The 3.2 is a great engine. Could (and does)go to 150,000 if cared for. The 2.7 is horrible. Stay away at all costs. I agree with other posters: Gas mileage is very good ~25-27mpg for a big car. Car is huge inside. Things wear out on this car like any other (battery, air cond, brakes, waterpumps, etc.). Has an issue with the automatic air conditioning display. The display will quit displaying the temp, but the buttons, and control still function normally. To me, not a huge deal.

Great Find!
By jboo1623 on 11/23/08 17:02 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I live in Michigan and the winters for those of us who live here can be brutal! I purchased this car from a small mom and pops dealership. I have the car now for about two years and I have no complaints being a used car with over 142,000 miles! I bought the car with 110,000 miles. I have not had any repair issues other then your regular oil change, and tires that I have purchased. I too agree the the rubber strip around the head lights is a pain. Keep popping out. The ride is quiet and solid. The air is awesome and I have turned it down many times because it was freezing me out. This is a great car for a used vehicle. I do expect to get another 100,000 miles. Great used car!

Best car I've ever owned
By Jay Keesling on 11/05/08 13:14 PM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

3.2L engine, great power. Leather interior attractive. Infinity sound system-superior, mileage on road 30.7mpg. Only major repairs were replacing the ignition switch which had a short in it and air conditioning evaporator which developed a leak. Battery difficult to get to with access at front passenger wheel well. Huge trunk, overhead console with trip meter, compass, mpg calculations, distance till empty features.

Car broke down in 4 days of having
By Latisha on 10/22/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 4 days and it broke down on me. I do think this is a great car if you buy it from a reliable source. I think this car already had this major problem, and the dealer was dishonest. I bought this car as-is, but under the understanding that the car was running fine and didn't have any major problems. The economy is at it worst and you have people out there taking advantage of people; trying to fill their pockets while someone else is left in the cold. I feel so used and hadn't been able to sleep behide this.

2.7 litre engine stinks on 98 Concorde
By Pamalama on 05/26/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I loved my Concorde and would never have dreamed that 2 years after I purchased it and paid off a $9,000.00 dollar loan I wouldn't be driving it anymore. The engine blew unexpectedly. I have heard so many people now say that the 2.7 engine stinks and the car engine was not built correctly. I can't believe Chrysler has not opted to help the customer out and recall these cars because of this, I work hard for my money and now have to sink my money into another car. Do not buy a Chrysler Concorde with a 2.7 engine, they stink.