Used 1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

first chrysler
By jmj

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i just got this car 12/2010 i drove goldie from end of town to another end on the hwy oh thats what i call her. and really getting down on it it was about a 30mi drive and the car drove like my 97 deville great the 3.2 V6 motor was great pasting cars in my way the car has 153***mi on it and it drives like it just 100 mi on it i like this car so far and it looks good gold on gold nice leather no cranks big i mean big truck room. i drove to work to day and my job is about 20 to 30 minutes from home so thats a drive but i dont mine it in this car it rides good it relaxing i give this car 4.5 star so far.

Favorite Features

3.2 V6 motor and the leather seats fit your body and the sound system wow.

Suggested Improvements

i just wish it had radio control and ac/heat control the steering wheel so that i want have to reach over to change anything.

Loved this car!
By dsherrill

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have been through several cars, and this by was my favorite!! Unfortunately, a buck deer brought an early end to my car.. The car handled great, was luxurious, and was absolutely beautiful! I will miss her dearly. I am currently looking at a 300M to take her place.

Favorite Features

Excellent style! Rich interior- leather seats and wood grain. Plenty of power! Decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Foggy head lights.

Great, up to a point
By MissSally

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I got this car a year ago from my grandfather, and it had 183,000 miles on it then. It had been well- maintained, but over the past year it's needed a new starter, a new battery, a new timing belt kit, a new water pump, and a new serpentine belt. It also developed a weird problem where, after stopping and starting several times in succession (as in running errands) it wouldn't start for awhile, and no one could ever diagnose what that was. The car now has 198,000 miles on it and I'm done sinking money into it - I'm getting rid of it! However, this car performed great for a long time and took a lot of abuse well.

Favorite Features

Fantastic sound system, barely uses oil, and very nice leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

N/A, car no longer in production.

A more than decent car
By nursecrd

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car to replace my wife's 1989 Eagle Premier. The Concorde chassis is based on the Eagle. Car is a very comfortable and eats freeway miles without a problem. Engine power is more than adequate and drive train noise is minimal although coarse road surface noise is transmitted to the interior. Handling with good performance tires (HR or VR) is very good. Stock rubber, Goodyears were beyond terrible. Mechanically the car has been sound. Had one software failure, had the brakes redone, and the oil pan gasket replaced. The 2.7 L V-6 is a good yet sophisticated engine and you should use a good synthetic oil in this engine to prevent any issues.

Favorite Features

Lovely ride, good seats, very good handling with high performance tires, good highway fuel economy (28 - 31 MPG when driven judiciously. Tight body structure. Very good open road car.

Suggested Improvements

This car is no longer made.

Awful
By Hated it

1998 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

We bought our car in 2006. Our biggest problems have been....in order to get to the battery, you have to jack up the car and take the front wheel off; You can't possibly change the headlight bulbs yourself; the brake lines went; the front drivers side seat broke; the gas gage broke; the headlights have to have the scratches buffed out at least once a year; the check engine light never came on untill the day the engine went...no warning; oh, and the windsheild design makes you feel sick when you drive it.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable untill they break

Suggested Improvements

Design.