1997 Chrysler Concorde 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great car with a lil

1997 Chrysler Concorde - Consumer Review

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

LXi Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great car with a lil TLC
By Steve on

1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi 4dr Sedan

Very dependable car with no large repair expenses, but I also do 90% of my own repairs. I love the 3.5 engine. Most issues after 60,000 miles, standard r/m in my opinion, except the poor quality paint. 30,000-40,000 miles change plugs. At 45,000 miles, replaced hood struts. 52,000, valve cover gaskets. 80,000 miles, EGR valve, solved drivability issue. Found spark plug tubes cylinder 2 & 4, not sealed at bottom, allow oil on top of plugs, removed tubes and applied RTV red sealant. Subframe bushings, sway bar struts, inner tie rod bushings at 90,000. For preventive maint, at 100,000, I replaced all 4 o2 sensors, fuel injectors, coil packs, wires and plugs. Easy car to work on for the DIY.

Favorite Features

3.5 engine, handling, comfort and easy car to work on for the DIY with little experience. Tons of helpful hints. If you're not afraid to get dirty, very good car to own. Engine and tranny are very solid.

Suggested Improvements

Do not neglect this car or you will regret it. Adhere to the maintenance manual and perform preventive maintenance and this car will be very dependable and easily go 250,000 miles. If you are not mechanically inclined, sell it, it will nickel and dime you to death at the hands of repair shops.